Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Biden Sexually Assaults Women

‘Manipulative, deceitful, user’: Tara Reade left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances
    A number of those who crossed paths with Biden’s accuser say they remember two things: She spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped.

By NATASHA KORECKI
    05/15/2020 03:43 PM EDT

Harriet Wrye did a double take the first time she saw Tara Reade on television lodging sexual assault allegations against Joe Biden.

“Jim, that’s Tara,” the 79-year-old author and psychologist called out to her husband, “but she has a different name.”

Wrye and her husband knew Reade as Tara McCabe, the woman who had rented a yurt on their 12-acre California property and tended to the couple’s horses — and her own — for about 10 months beginning in 2017. They were well-acquainted with their former tenant, who frequently knocked on the door of their home seeking emotional support, asking for financial help or forgiveness for late rent payments, which they granted.

“I would sit down and talk to her and try to be encouraging and supportive,” said Wrye, who noted Reade “had heart and some good qualities.”

“This lack of money was hugely problematic for her, she was always on the ropes in that way.”

Reade had spoken highly of Biden, the former boss who employed her as a staff assistant from late 1992 to August 1993, and never mentioned assault or harassment, Wrye recalls. But what Wrye remembers most is that by the time Reade left their property and moved on, Wrye felt burned.

After her husband suffered a brain injury that forced the couple to sell the property, Wrye said, Reade turned on them.

“She became really difficult,” Wrye said. “She said, ‘You’re going to have to pay me to get me to leave.’”

“She was manipulative,” said Wrye, a self-described feminist and social activist. “She was always saying she was going to get it together, but she couldn’t. And ‘could you help her’?”

Wrye’s distressing experience with Reade wasn’t an isolated case. Over the past decade, Reade has left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances in California’s Central Coast region who say they remember two things about her — she spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped.

As part of an investigation into Reade’s allegations against Biden — charges that are already shaping the contours of his campaign against a president who has been accused of sexual assault and misconduct by multiple women — POLITICO interviewed more than a dozen people, many of whom interacted with Reade through her involvement in the animal-rescue community.

A number of those in close contact with Reade over the past 12 years, a period in which she went by the names Tara Reade, Tara McCabe or Alexandra McCabe, laid out a familiar pattern: Reade ingratiated herself, explained she was down on her luck and needed help, and eventually took advantage of their goodwill to extract money, skip rent payments or walk out on other bills.

Continues here

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #32
    geomancer

Last edited by Barry; 05-16-2020 at 11:55 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #33
    rossmen

Who cares? Biden, who is clearly senile, is our only choice. Clearly he likes touching women. Like most heterosexual men. Whats interesting is our political system, which i hope doesn’t matter in Cali, offers again fool choice. Is Biden stupider than trump? We decide.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post

Politico: ‘Manipulative, deceitful, user’: Tara Reade left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances
    A number of those who crossed paths with Biden’s accuser say they remember two things: She spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #34
    geomancer

Clearly senile? My dude, speak for yourself. I've closely watched two lengthy Larry O'Donnel interviews with Biden on MSNBC: his mind works just fine. He's not a gifted speaker and has a mild speech impediment, but he's not senile. That is a slur coming from the Bernie dead-ender and tRump camps.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    Who cares? Biden, who is clearly senile, is our only choice. Clearly he likes touching women. Like most heterosexual men. Whats interesting is our political system, which i hope doesn’t matter in Cali, offers again fool choice. Is Biden stupider than trump? We decide.

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #35
    rossmen

I hope you're right. Get most of my news from left wing radio. My essential point was acceptance that our presidential vote doesn't count here and terror that if it does, Trump wins again. I have listened now to Joe's accuser, and heard various rebuttals. I believe them all. Of course he would be better than the current president, but it's an extremely low bar. That's what's so interesting about this race.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by geomancer: View Post
    Clearly senile? My dude, speak for yourself. I've closely watched two lengthy Larry O'Donnel interviews with Biden on MSNBC: his mind works just fine. He's not a gifted speaker and has a mild speech impediment, but he's not senile. That is a slur coming from the Bernie dead-ender and tRump camps.

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #36
    geomancer

Put a fork in her, she's done. I just gotta say, lying under oath is not a good look.

Tara Reade Is Dropped as Client by a Leading #MeToo Lawyer

On Thursday in California, lawyers who had faced off against her in court began raising questions about the legitimacy of her testimony, and the verdicts that followed, after news reports that Antioch University had disputed her claim of receiving a bachelor’s degree from its Seattle campus.

Then known as Alexandra McCabe, Ms. Reade testified as a government witness in Monterey County courts for nearly a decade, describing herself as an expert in the dynamics of domestic violence who had counseled hundreds of victims.

The public defender’s office in Monterey County has begun scrutinizing cases involving Ms. Reade and compiling a list of clients who may have been affected by her testimony, according to Jeremy Dzubay, an assistant public defender in the office.

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

13. TopTop #37
    forveterans49

All I can say is until the sexual predator occupying our White House is charged in his sex crimes, let us not screw ourselves over in getting pissed off at Biden and whatever he MAY have done.
    I am a Bernie supporter and not really happy at not seeing him as the nominee but damn it! don't turn and keep fighting among ourselves and let Orange Face get another four more years!! Our country and the world can NOT afford Orange Face one more day let alone four more years.
    I wish the party had more progressives but I don't see that right now and I am going to vote for the lesser of two evils and vote against the evil, sex predator--friend of Jeff Epstein, racist, ignorant criminal thug already ruining our country.
    Vote Blue in 2020.

14. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

15. TopTop #38
    wisewomn

Amen to that! I saw in the 5/18/2020 PD (Nation-World, section B) that the Dems are looking for "big ideas" in order to appeal more to disgruntled Progressives: "Sensing public appetite for major change, Biden pivots to bolder policies."
    Who knows what they will come up with and it could end up being the usual hot air, but there it is. We still have to get rid of McConnell and a few Senate Repugs, along with Trump.
    The PD's Archives are a pain to navigate, so you'll have to do your own research or just take my word for it.
    FWIW.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by forveterans49: View Post
    All I can say is until the sexual predator occupying our White House is charged in his sex crimes, ...
    Vote Blue in 2020.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-23-2020 at 11:30 AM.

16. Gratitude expressed by: