Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    TNTfarms

What happened to the Russian collusion?

Another democrat dumpster fire. Hahahaha
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    forestvaros

Re: What happened to the Russian collusion?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by TNTfarms: View Post
    Hmm. Seems you're delighting in what you believe to be an embarrassment to the "other side" in your reified partisan politics. And here I thought we were conducting an investigation to confirm that our leader -- in one of the most powerful positions in the world -- did not engage in unethical, treasonous, and potentially illegal activity. Would you truly rather take the risk that that happens without any accountability?
    Last edited by Barry; 03-24-2019 at 10:27 AM.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    TNTfarms

A made up fake investigation with lies to obtain fisa warrants. What's embarrassing is watching Democrats not accept the results of an election and now people like schiff and swallwell and most Democrats won't accept the Mueller report under any circumstance if they don't like facts that wouldn't pin trump to Russia.

5. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

.... Democrats won't accept the Mueller report under any circumstance if they don't like facts that wouldn't pin trump to Russia.
    and will you accept Mueller's report if it does pin trump to Russia?

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #5
    TNTfarms

Yes sir I would hold him accountable if he broke the law. Just like we held HRC accountable for Benghazi and the email security breach.

8. TopTop #6
    heresbruce

Thank you for a totally vacuous negative worthless comment. This sounds like a 3 year old doing a "gotcha"... surely you have something more perceptive and worthwhile to add to the conversation? I am frustrated with people from various political positions gratuitously talking smack, making up "facts", name calling, and jumping to conclusions with partial or incomplete information. I had thought this was a more intelligent and "enlightened" community. But on the other hand I see how inclusive it is...
    Bruce in Jenner

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #7
    thehonuohana

Can we please not feed the trolls?

11. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

12. TopTop #8
    TNTfarms

Lol. Your fake Russia crap is now over. Wonder how many Democrats trump bought and paid for when he was a business man

13. TopTop #9
    forestvaros

A made up fake investigation with lies to obtain fisa warrants. What's embarrassing is watching Democrats not accept the results of an election and now people like schiff and swallwell and most Democrats won't accept the Mueller report under any circumstance if they don't like facts that wouldn't pin trump to Russia.
    "made up" -- in what sense?
    "fake" -- in what sense? Justify, please.

"investestigation with lies to obtain fisa warrants." Examples, please.

Your hyperbolic nonsense makes you look like an idiot. Much like the president you seem to emulate, to your detriment.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-24-2019 at 10:28 AM.

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #10
    TNTfarms

Says the person who can't spell. And I'm the dumb one. Lmao

16. TopTop #11
    TNTfarms

Simple Google search. You can do your own reading on the topic of the lies used to obtain warrants.

CA progressives are a joke.

Highest taxes
    Worst roads
    Horrible public school education system
    High fuel taxes
    High sales taxes
    High dmv taxes
    Highest homeless population
    In SF you can get a job picking up human poop.

All controlled by your party for the last 20 years plus.

Yeah I must be some dumb hillbilly

17. Gratitude expressed by:

18. TopTop #12
    John Eder
    Former Seb City Council Member

Looks like our new auto-bot, Travis Pisors (TNT Farms) has only been a waccobb member for about a week now (joined 3/15/19), so go easy on him...

I wonder if he is the same TP that owns North Coast Logistics Inc in Reynoldsburg, Ohio?

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #13
    TNTfarms

Oh no. Im new here. Wow that's original.

I would hope you progressives would apologize for 22 months of wasting taxpayer dollars. But you won't.

21. TopTop #14
    cw707

After reading the comments on this topic, I found I was holding my breath, my heart starting to race, and suddenly I stopped, and questioned what's happening in this conversation that we can't all stop and wait until the entire report is submitted to our view? Why take sides and increase the hard feelings? This has been so stressful for everyone who loves democracy, and want to see the facts. So how about a deep breath for every side, wait until we have all the facts, even if we don't like them, or like some of them. I want to see everything so that I can decide for myself. We can't make that decision for each other no matter how hard and loud we scream. Just please, stop with all the anger and hate. We are all better than this.

...I would hope you progressives would apologize for 22 months of wasting taxpayer dollars. But you won't.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-25-2019 at 01:23 PM.

22. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

23. TopTop #15
    wisewomn

Trump was not completely exonerated. There was simply insufficient evidence. And many of the criminals around him were indicted.
    Gotta hand it to the Russians--they know how to cover their tracks. Brilliant hackers over there.

24. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

25. TopTop #16
    TNTfarms

Indicted for things from years ago. Nothing to do with trump or the campaign.

The only thing fishy is the sloppy daniels payment for campaign funds. But hey Obama cheated as well. Paid the largest fine in us election history

26. TopTop #17
    ecojaf

...I would hope you progressives would apologize for 22 months of wasting taxpayer dollars. But you won't.
    Real progressives have not (or at least should not have) focused their energies on the Mueller investigation. For example, if you have followed Senator Sanders for the last two years, he has been tirelessly (with more energy and drive at 75 than I had at 35) fighting for striking union members, fighting for progressive down ballot candidates all over the country, fighting for minimum wage increases in states all over the country, turning Medicare for All into a majority supported issues, and on and on and on (not waiting for Mueller to save us).

I never expected much from the Mueller investigation and it did somewhat amuse me how so many liberals somehow put so much faith in the FBI, CIA, and a long-time Republican federal prosecutor (which is what Mueller self-explicitly is). But it garnered numerous convictions and was a run of the mill investigation that sought to show the public that there is some level of checks on our corrupt system (but was never going to take down a presidency that is so beneficial to the elites and the corporate military industrial complex, just because he's an odious human being; can't let that get in the way of making money). Besides that, the only real problem with the investigation is that it wasn't just left to run its course without so much prognosticating in the media, and that it absorbed so much energy and focus of progressives, who would have been better off following Bernie's example of just continuing to fight like he's somehow, amazingly done for 50 straight years (15 years of advocacy was all I had in me and it left me utterly depleted).

The main point to consider (and yes I say this out of bias as a Sanders supporter) is what all the build up over the past two years and the let down in the Mueller conclusions will do to the chances of an establishment Democrat. All the anti-establishment sentiment that propelled Trump into office is going to grow from the way this turned out, and its time that the left tapped back into its anti-establishment roots from a much more positive perspective. I think this outcome makes Sanders much more likely to beat Trump than a Biden or an O'Rourke. If Mueller had forcefully asserted Trump committed crimes and Trump still hung in there and ran for re-election, then I would have been more open to believing that a Biden type candidate (or a Klobuchar) would be the most likely to beat him.

27. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

28. TopTop #18
    TNTfarms

Eco.

Very well stated. The problem with the Bernie train. We can't afford it. We would cease to be a country if we just give out taxpayers money to the less fortunate. Sanders is just another Uber rich white guy with 3 or 4 homes, luxury cars and a wife who is corrupt and up on bank fraud charges.

29. TopTop #19
    Dustyg

Yeah, I reckon I agree with your hillbilly statement.

Simple Google search. You can do your own reading on the topic of the lies used to obtain warrants.

CA progressives are a joke.

Highest taxes
    Worst roads
    Horrible public school education system
    High fuel taxes
    High sales taxes
    High dmv taxes
    Highest homeless population
    In SF you can get a job picking up human poop.

All controlled by your party for the last 20 years plus.

Yeah I must be some dumb hillbilly

30. TopTop #20
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cw707: View Post
    After reading the comments on this topic, I found I was holding my breath, my heart starting to race, and suddenly I stopped, and questioned what's happening in this conversation that we can't all stop and wait until the entire report is submitted to our view?.....Just please, stop with all the anger and hate. We are all better than this.
    an immense amount of 'news' these days isn't. There was no reason for two days worth of discussion of the Mueller report over the weekend; it would have sufficed to say "it's been delivered, we should hear in a few days" and "we got a four page summary"... nothing in the middle helped. That's just one example. The actual information available really doesn't change all that often. Except for fans of inside baseball, there probably won't be any real news regarding the investigations until the various committees make some decision about further lawsuits or hearings. If you wait two weeks or more, ignoring it in the meantime, you could catch up on any 'news' in a few minutes.

So that's your answer - any of us who can't stop are just playing around for fun (??). Personally, I disagree with characterizing it as anger, much less hate. TNT is smirking 'cuz he thinks they're winning, which is his prerogative. I and others may beg to differ, and I've commented some myself on the tone of some posters. But there's a lot of evidence that no, we're not better than this -- and really, this isn't that bad. Trump gets me angry, and his supporters make me sad, but I certainly don't hate them. I don't think they hate me either, I just think they might enjoy seeing me suffer a little for the error of my ways.

31. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

32. TopTop #21
    TNTfarms

So we should trust what Adam Schiff has to say? For two years the man has been a puppet on CNN spouting evidence of crimes and collusion by the president. Mueller and his team found no wrong doing. Could even indict one crime related to Russia. Not one.

These indictments where process crimes. In manaforts case. Crimes for 13 years ago. Cohen crimes for years ago.

Whether you like it or not trump is the duly elected president. We all lived through the disasters under Obama and bush. You will live through Trump for 6 more years.

33. TopTop #22
    BEE KIND

No one has seen the full Mueller report yet, except Trump's own newly appointed AG. He has only released his own summary, so we don't know yet what the details are until the total report is given to Congress or released to the public media. If there is nothing to hide, then why not release it in it's entirety? Also, why has Trump still refused to release his tax returns, as he promised he would do before the election? Another broken promise, like Mexico paying for his wall.

34. TopTop #23
    BEE KIND

In his still-confidential report, Mueller stopped short of drawing a conclusion about whether the president obstructed justice, writing that “while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,” according to a summary by Attorney General William P. Barr released Sunday.

35. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

36. TopTop #24
    geomancer

I would hope you progressives would apologize for 22 months of wasting taxpayer dollars. But you won't.
    I believe that the Special Council is running a tidy profit from all the graft that he confiscated from Paul Manifort and others

Richard

37. TopTop #25
    TNTfarms

Kinda of like you can keep your doctor and you can keep your plan. Your rates will go down on average or 2500 per year. Or the redline in Syria? Or the lies on Benghazi? Or the illegal gun running into Mexico? Or the only ag in history to be held in contempt?

38. TopTop #26
    TNTfarms

Feel free to finish reading the summary. Then let me know. Clearly says not enough evidence of any obstruction or collision

Your media lied for 3 years.

39. TopTop #27
    Mayacaman

Roughly thirteen months ago, George Noory of Coast-to-Coast AM, interviewed Stephen Cohen, professor of Soviet-American Relations at NYU, on the subject of the charge of Putin's meddling in the 2016 election. Stephen Cohen's wife is the editor of The Nation magazine. As he himself says, he is not a supporter of Trump and he did not campaign for him, nevertheless...

Here is the link for the interview. Very important information, from a liberal academic. To cut to the chase, begin at around 9:20...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsDRRAhAji4

Last edited by Mayacaman; 03-25-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: grammar

40. TopTop #28
    TNTfarms

He won't be a liberal for long. Like the great Alan dershowitz. They will turn on him.

41. TopTop #29
    caromia333

I have been following Noam Chomsky and Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist Glen Greenwald on this subject from the get go. And I am sad that most Americans appear to have gotten most of their information from our mainstream media with little critical thinking or reading on the subject to balance television reporting.

Today on Democracy Now - Amy Goodman hosts a debate between Greenwald and his once close colleague David Johnston. The two reporters became grossly divided over this issue. The debate is quite heated.

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/..._collusion_did

Mueller states unequivocally that there was no collusion between Trump and Russia. Greenwald makes this salient point again and again. Barr's interpretation of the lengthy report does not skew this fact in anyway. Trumps criminality and legendary corruption on the other hand is where our focus should be. But Mueller said weeks ago and is on record saying he didn't believe there was collusion. Michael Cohen also makes that clear in his testimony there was no intentional collusion just a focus on erecting Trump's Tower in Moscow.

The disturbing truth is that the mainstream media has focused so heavily on this issue for the past two years, that critical issues like climate change and the horrific take over of the EPA by Trump corporate goons has gotten very little attention.

Greenwald makes the critical point that America has a long history of meddling and overthrowing democratically elected governments. It is our legacy - anyone who has studied American history knows this. Most of our coups were orchestrated by our CIA for financial and military interests. "Allies" like Saudi Arabia and Israel (human rights abusers - get off scott free by both parties). A great book to read on America Empire was just released: How To Hide An Empire
    Last edited by Barry; 03-26-2019 at 01:31 PM.

42. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

43. TopTop #30
    Mayacaman

Yes, the Mueller Report was leaked, and was available on SCRIBD early yesterday; I learned that in the afternoon, on the page of the facebook group "Dissenter/Disenter." But then the leak was also quickly hacked and plugged, and if you were to check out the manuscript of the Mueller Report that was up on SCRIBD earlier, this is what you would see. A perfect example of Company humor:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4028...loUinXNghXz-EY