Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Eukaryote

Immigration Rights leadership pans Carrillo

Submitted to Press Democrat Letters to the Editor:

Richard Coshnear

At the candidates' forum on social justice issues, on Saturday in
    Sebastopol, Efren Carrillo let us know, in no uncertain terms, how
    hurt he is by the Committee for Immigrant Rights' endorsement of
    Rue Furch. Efren accused us of lying that he does not adequately
    defend the rights of undocumented: he says his parents were
    undocumented, so it may not be doubted that he supports them.

But he told us before the Mayday march that he could not support
    our call for refuge from Sheriff collaboration with ICE: it would mark
    him as "the Latino candidate". He never told us otherwise since.
    When asked by your reporter, he blamed us for "demonizing the Sheriff",
    but offered nothing to defend the families from the divisive collaboration.
    Now he claims he supports refuge, just not on San Francisco's terms;
    but he never explains what this means for Sonoma County. What would
    he amend? Sounds like more evasion than substance.

But when we endorse Rue who has been with us all the way on this, he
    lashes out with personal attacks on Committee members. There is no
    place in this debate for personalizing: it is not about any individual, it is
    about willingness to act. Rue has been willing.

Rick Coshnear, Committee for Immigrant Rights,
    Santa Rosa resident
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Lady bug

Re: Immigration Rights leadership pans Carrillo

We need to deport all Illegal Immigrates out of this country, Lets take America back! Illegals have no rights.

3. TopTop #3
    babaruss

This looks like the beginning of another ugly dust up much like that one which was on this forum not too long ago.

Take America back ? Who has it ? ...has it been lost ? Apparently so !
    If that is the case, then let's not blame immigration, let's blame the NeoCons and their ilk who wiped out our treasury, sent untold young men and women to be cannon fodder in that ugly occupation of Iraq.

Let's take back the America which once cared for it's wounded, returning, troops instead of leaving them in filthy vetran's hospitals ignored, confused, uncertain what their future will be...or whether they will survive those conditions long enough to have a future.

Maybe we need find the America which was once an honest nation...one that didn't lie to, spy on, (or deprive it's populace of their basic rights).

The America which needs to be taken back is the one which does not torture prisoners, nor deny them the basic human decency of a fair trial, proper representation, visits by the internation red cross.
    Need I go on ? Probably so !!

Could you help me find the old America the one that didn't turn the whole of the civilised world against us ?

My ancestors were (among other things ) the original inhabitants of this country. All manner of people came here an took away their rights, tried to exterminate them, deny them the right to keep their own ways...and now years later the shameless decendants of those murdering white invaders have the audacity to bitch about someone else invading 'their' country.

Can anyone say...'enough already' ?

Get a grip...people migrate..always will.
    Been doing that kind of stuff since the ice flow made cave living hard on the lumbago.
    Russ

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lady bug: View Post
    We need to deport all Illegal Immigrates out of this country, Lets take America back! Illegals have no rights.

4. TopTop #4
    Dixon

I'm with you all the way! If only the immigration policy had been tighter in 1492, we wouldn't have had all the genocide, slavery, racism, imperialism, corruption and environmental degradation that the illegals and their progeny have brought. As you say, let's take America back! Of course, it's too late to deport murdering, torturing, slaving illegals like Columbus, the Conquistadores, Washington, Jefferson, etc., but we can deport their millions of progeny "back" to Europe where they belong--including my white ass and yours too (did I guess correctly that you're white? LOL!)

Dixon (a child of the invaders, JUST LIKE YOU)

5. TopTop #5
    Lady bug

Winner's of wars get to make all the rules. From sea to shinning sea baby! Illegals line up and get out.

6. TopTop #6
    babaruss

Winner's of wars get to make all the rules. From sea to shinning sea baby! Illegals line up and get out.
    Your deeply thought out, and soul searching posts lead me to believe I am no match for you.
    Carry on...or at least until the next war.
    Russ

7. TopTop #7
    Dixon

So I guess it's fair to assume you don't believe in the Golden Rule, then? And if so, I assume you're not a Christian, Jew, Moslem, or any religion I can think of, since they all at least give lip service to the Golden Rule as one of their main tenets. I'm really curious; do you have some kind of moral code that you can articulate? From here it looks like what I call the sociopathic position--i.e., the self-centered "Might makes right", "We've got ours and everyone else can go to Hell" position, but I don't wanna be unfair to you and assume that. Could you clarify if that in fact is where you're coming from?

Thanks;

Dixon

8. TopTop #8
    Kinetic

I believe/hope this has all been a bit of sarcasm.

9. TopTop #9
    Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Kinetic: View Post
    I believe/hope this has all been a bit of sarcasm.
    I REALLY hope that it is. Certainly some of what I'm saying is sarcastic--sarcasm born of absolute horror. Unfortunately, judging from Lady bug's other posts on this site, I think she/he is dead serious. Her/his position is certainly held by millions in "our" country.

Dixon

10. TopTop #10
    Lady bug

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    I REALLY hope that it is. Certainly some of what I'm saying is sarcastic--sarcasm born of absolute horror. Unfortunately, judging from Lady bug's other posts on this site, I think she/he is dead serious. Her/his position is certainly held by millions in "our" country.

Dixon
    The prove is in our leaders, Obama is the next president and will continue the war and will even start a new one before he leaves office. Mark my word.

11. TopTop #11
    Dixon

The prove is in our leaders, Obama is the next president and will continue the war and will even start a new one before he leaves office. Mark my word.
    Well, this is a sudden switch from the immigration issue we were discussing. I'm still interested to hear your answer to the question I posed about your moral code in post #7.

Re: Obama and war--unlike a lot of our starry-eyed liberals, I think you're probably right that Obama will continue the current wars. Both you and I can make some money if we make bets with our liberal friends on that (though you may not have any liberal friends). And, as you suggest, he may even start another war (Iran?). I'm voting for McKinney/Clemente myself.

But I'd have to say that, even on the war issue, Obama is the lesser of the evils compared to the main alternative, the Republican planet-rapers, who are even more committed than the Dems to that most lucrative business enterprise, the war of aggression. I'm curious; who are you voting for? Someone who would get us out of wars, or start more?

Dixon