Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    caromia333

New short film: Big Pharma's Criminal Prosecutions

https://youtu.be/6_UVWWdj17Y
    Expand

Inspired by a fellow waccobb member. I created this short film on Big Pharma's history of criminal prosecution. In light of the fact that they are racing to produce a Covid-vaccine I thought it was important to look at their history.

Big Pharma is one of the most powerful industries in the world. The global revenue for pharmaceuticals was over $1 trillion in 2014.

Big Pharma is also the biggest defrauder of the Federal Government under the False Claims Act, according to consumer watchdog group Public Citizen.
    The industry has a history of fraud, bribery, lawsuits and scandals. Despite criminal charges and fines, Big Pharma companies continue to do business.

From 1998 to 2016, Big Pharma spent nearly $3.5 billion on lobbying expenses — more than any other industry.

In 2016 alone, it spent about $246 million. That’s more than the defense industries and corporate business lobbyists combined.

Artwork by C.M. Scott title: Big Pharma's Crimes
    Last edited by Barry; 09-22-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    barfly

Re: New short film: Big Pharma's Criminal Prosecutions

That’s not a video. That’s text scrolling past much slower than most people read so it wastes time.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by caromia333: View Post

4. TopTop #3
    caromia333

Re: New short film: Big Pharma's Criminal Prosecutions

You are right. This is nothing more than a slow scroll of information. I produced this in a few hours a couple days ago and not meant to be a "film" but information that is vital. I wish I had the technical editing skills to speed up the list of lawsuits. The most significant portions of the information summarized in that list is the billions of dollars in criminal fines. I myself am part of a class action with Monsanto/Bayer recent 10 billion settlement for Roundup causing non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Was heavily exposed while documenting Roundup spraying in Ojai, CA many moons ago. The point is that these companies - Johnson & Johnson, all of them are convicted felons and they continue to do business even after millions of people have been injured or lost their lives to their drugs and devices. Its maddening to me. That you can kill someone and continue to do business.

And thank you for the feedback. There is a mechanism to speed up video on youtube btw.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by barfly: View Post