Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    ThePhiant

the pussy controversy

clancy posted 2 articles, not in Waccoreader or Waccotalk but in pets and critters both with sensational headlines.

KITTEN TORTURER CAUGHT and
    RETRIBUTION OUTCRY OVER KITTEN BURNING

what is the purpose of this ?

I think people put this sensational newsy stuff on WaCCO and IN OUR MEDIA for no other purpose than to produce sensation.

The Phiant got censored again
    this time for pointing that out

can't we just be happy and play with our kitty's
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Re: the pussy controversy

Freedom of Choice. ahhhhhh...

I can choose to read or Choose to Ignore...

there is lots of " Sensational newsy stuff " out there to be exposed to ..

and it can be very sensational. Good to be in tune with the body and all its sensations!

I had many sensations come up when I first heard about "Adam" and what had happened. Sadness , mostly. And overwhelmed curiosity as to "how a conscious could allow itself to be 'ok' with torturing another being...

I acknowledge and appreciate Clancy for bringing the sensitive topic of 'Adam" to community, as it holds potential for an interesting discussion

but also question the placement of the thread(s).

WaccoReader / Wacco Talk versus the category where people GO to find and seek pets or help for pets...

hmmmmmm

** I DO hear that petting a kitty can help temporarily relieve depression!**

To ALL :

~~~ Thank you for remembering that there are not only pet lovers, but children/adolescents who are part of this community who may have very ultra- sensitive emotions regarding this issue, at this time....lets focus more on BURNING MAN!!~~

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ThePhiant: View Post
    clancy posted 2 articles, not in Waccoreader or Waccotalk but in pets and critters both with sensational headlines.

KITTEN TORTURER CAUGHT and
    RETRIBUTION OUTCRY OVER KITTEN BURNING

what is the purpose of this ?

I think people put this sensational newsy stuff on WaCCO and IN OUR MEDIA for no other purpose than to produce sensation.

The Phiant got censored again
    this time for pointing that out

can't we just be happy and play with our kitty's
    Last edited by nurturetruth; 07-11-2007 at 11:39 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    ThePhiant

I am all for petting a kitty, depression or not
    Last edited by Barry; 07-27-2007 at 11:59 AM.

4. TopTop #4
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Pet a what?

I am all for petting a kitty, depression or not

5. TopTop #5
    lifequest

Without addressing the issue of the appropriateness of where the posting should or should not have gone, after reading the article I find it interesting that the "public" reacts so vehemently to acts of cruelty like this. I understand that a helpless creature was harmed but find it strange that there is no similar outcry over the daily outrages against humans whether it be by war, crime or the other ways people degrade each other. Is there a selective desensitization to these things while saving it for special situations?

Mykil's anthill freestomp probably won't find its way into the Press Democrat... ants are pests to most of us - especially the red biting ones. Hey I spent my childhood finding weird ways to cause grief to ants so if any giant mutuant ants evolve, they're gonna come looking for me first.

I spray around the house foundation and the barrier keeps ants away all year without directly harming them.. a truce or sorts. So NurtureTruth I wouldn't fret too much about your your ant traps. You've got to be way way down on their list for retribution.

6. TopTop #6
    Lorrie

You know funny thing about ants. They come in to your house (or is invade a better term?) they look grosse all over things... (I am talking about the little black ones) in your kitchen or your bathroom or where ever you have left a little something they would be interested in....

I have recently found that if I keep the place clean with no food or whatever they like left over then they aren't there much, but, then one day I had some kool aid in the bottom of a glass, they were all over it... so I put it out side on a railing. Now when I went back and looked at the glass they were all in a little circle around the puddle of kool aide in the glass, I went back a few more times each time the puddle was smaller and smaller till finally I went out and there was nothing in the glass at all and the ants were gone.
    Now, this fastinated me into thinking that the ants even though they are annoying were actually doing me a favor. They were "cleaning" for me.
    Now I used to be an ant killer too, but now, I think I will keep the kitchen and bathroom (that's where they like it in my house) clean, but if I forget it is kinda nice to know they will clean up where I fail....and so... I don't think I am going to kill ants anymore. I think I don't mind them "cleaning" for me, cause they go away when they are done...or if there is nothing left.... you know?

7. TopTop #7
    ThePhiant

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    Pet a what?
    a pussy, mykil

8. TopTop #8
    ThePhiant

Quote Is there a selective desensitization to these things while saving it for special situations?
    yes as predators we use very selective sensitivity's.
    in this country we eat meat,
    except if it comes from a cat or a dog or even a horse
    but cows, pigs and chickens are fair game
    it shows that we have compassion
    and it makes some think we are not animals

9. TopTop #9
    Lalooney

Come on people, the issue here is a "defenseless" kitten, tortured by two young girls. The issue is not the children in Iraq, nor is it about the over population of kittens/cats in Sonoma County.

If you don't like a headline in the newspaper, don't read it! If you don't like emails you receive, delete it! If you don't like the topic or discussion at hand, by pass it! Sounds simple enough to me.

Yes, I am an animal lover! I cannot understand why two 15 year old teens would do this to a kitten or any living being period. How do kids get to this point? What would have happened years later if these two girls WERE NOT CAUGHT? Burning a kitten, how disgusting and heartless. What would have been next, your house - with you in it? Think about it! Really think about it!

As for the spay/neuter issue, yes - people should take responsibility, but will they? Even the cats and dogs that have been spayed or neuter, what happens if they get tortured, what will you say then? "Let me guess, you will blame the lighter company for inventing a BIC lighter"?

Where are all the real animal lovers, I want to hear from you. Sometimes, it's okay to get involved!

Ciao,
    Colleen

10. TopTop #10
    ThePhiant

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lalooney: View Post
    Come on people, the issue here is a "defenseless" kitten, tortured by two young girls. The issue is not the children in Iraq, nor is it about the over population of kittens/cats in Sonoma County.
    WRONG!!!!

the issue is do we need sensationational stories?
    Last edited by Barry; 07-13-2007 at 07:36 PM.

11. TopTop #11
    Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tacitus: View Post
    Consider vegetarianism. Then go further, think about veganism - what it truly means to allow other beings to live their lives.
    As long as they're not plants. :^)

Dixon

12. TopTop #12
    ThePhiant

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    As long as they're not plants. :^)

Dixon
    are plants now considered "beings"?
    have you turned over a new leaf and become a pagan?

13. TopTop #13
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I often have wondered where in life my morals really stand. Simple really in my head. If someone I know was murdered it would be way more important to me than lets say ALL of China was taken out by an asteroid. Why is this? Why could this be? Who am I to have such shallow values in life?

I think this holds true for whoever is reading this. You may say this is not true but then you will be only lying to yourself. AS far as the little pussies are concerned I have to agree with Lulu, headlines sell media! You are going to ruin two young women’s lives cause they were extremely harsh. They are going to therapy and are going to try to get there heads on straight, the system will se to this! Why parade them in the media? What purpose does this severe? Is it the Howard Stern show or the gross out media event of the season? Just plain stupid!!!!!!!!!!! These children have mental issues, Now they have allot more than that to live with!!!!!
    Last edited by mykil; 07-13-2007 at 10:11 AM.

14. TopTop #14
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

I feel happy to say I am both an "animal lover" and a human being /sentient being lover!

Heck.. I get off on love.

Which I suppose is why I also enjoy the art of forgiveness.

As well as the art of understanding.
    Yes, I CHOSE to read the "Adam" article in the Press Democrat. I wanted to understand what mental HELP or consequences these two 15 year old girls would receive for their actions. I DID feel the Press Democrat Article was poorly written...unless of course , the intention of the writer/journalist was to encourage the vibration of revenge/vengence----- and if that was the case, then perhaps it was a well written article.

I have observed that in today's society there are children, adolescents as well as adults who are walking around on this earth ..who have de-sensitized their ability to "CARE". de-sensitized their ability to have a conscious.

What about that lady who hit someone with her car on 116 and she knew she did. She left the body there all night...perhaps hoping to forget about it. But the next morning, her conscious got hold of her and she reported it.

It is my hope that these two 15 year old girls, receive the help they need to help steer their conscious back on path.

In fact, it is my vision and prayer that EVERYONE enjoys the process of having a conscious and will choose to do so. That they learn the tools they need and receive whatever healing they need to receive..in order to help WAKE up their conscious and their Consciousness...

so that the consciousness can be aware of the conscious!

p.s... although I do thrive , appreciate and live primarily off of LIVE Earth foods, I saw a bumper sticker the other day.

It reads, "Cat- the Other white meat."

Suppose the bumper sticker was made in China.....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lalooney: View Post

If you don't like a headline in the newspaper, don't read it! If you don't like emails you receive, delete it! If you don't like the topic or discussion at hand, by pass it! Sounds simple enough to me.

Ciao,
    Colleen

15. TopTop #15
    bludogger

Well, the girls have either been seriously abused, have experienced incest themselves, or they are severely mentally ill. Or all of the above. Some humans repeat what they see or experience. When people say they will burn these girls as well, what does that say? An eye for an eye?
    The girls need help or perhaps time in a mental facility. They do not need punishment. This is not a sane act.
    Karen

16. TopTop #16
    ThePhiant

that this girl was crying out for help is obvious
    but I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that she experienced incest themselves?

is the act of burning a kitty incestuous?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bludogger: View Post
    Well, the girls have either been seriously abused, have experienced incest themselves, or they are severely mentally ill. Or all of the above. Some humans repeat what they see or experience. When people say they will burn these girls as well, what does that say? An eye for an eye?
    The girls need help or perhaps time in a mental facility. They do not need punishment. This is not a sane act.
    Karen

17. TopTop #17
    ThePhiant

Why parade them in the media? What purpose does this severe? Is it the Howard Stern show or the gross out media event of the season
    well. I think it is obvious why all these people are so outraged.
    It is obvious they are better than those bad girls.
    we are the GOOD people who would never do such a thing of course
    except when it comes to punishing and vilifying those girls
    then we get to show what we REALLY stand for
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2007 at 06:41 PM.

18. TopTop #18
    DynamicBalance

well. I think it is obvious why all these people are so outraged.
    It is obvious they are better than those bad girls.
    we are the GOOD people who would never do such a thing of course
    except when it comes to punishing and vilifying those girls
    then we get to show what we REALLY stand for
    interesting that youre complaining about how "sensationalized" this story is......when you are the one who started this thread, and youre still going on and on about it!

besides, do we really know who these girls are? i agree that we shouldnt judge them before we know the facts, or even after. but it seems to me that YOU are the one judging peoples reactions to this story. i mean, come on, why does it bother you so freaking much that people are talking about this? people have always talked stories to death, whether they are interesting or not. get over it!!!!

every one of your posts that i have ever read is just attacking people, or making fun of them for something stupid, or just makes little to no sense!!! you are the one sensationalizing. what is your purpose here???? to piss off as many people as possible, and start as many arguments as possible? i have yet to hear a point from you that rings with any validity.

for example:

"yes as predators we use very selective sensitivity's.
    and it makes some think we are not animals"

what on earth does this mean???? are you trying to say that the fact that we kill some animals and not others shows that we have compassion?

whatever, man.....youve proven to me that youre just here to argue with people (in an obnoxiously cocky way, i might add). i for one will not be reading ANY more of your posts........much less replying to them, and i hope others here will do the same.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2007 at 06:41 PM.

19. TopTop #19
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Thank you, "bludogger" aka , "karen"... for the keen sense of understanding and compassion towards the 'emotionally-mentally' ill beings.

Thank you for also understanding that the method of "an eye for an eye..increases 'blindness'."

Thank you for being compassionate .

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bludogger: View Post
    Karen

20. TopTop #20
    ThePhiant

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nurturetruth: View Post
    I have another request from you dear friend.

For I do not necessarily support the belief pattern or seem to make use of the terms/words "good" or "bad' in my day to day vocabulary or mindset..(except for in the moment..which is NOW !)
    Quote I totally 'get' where you are coming from and support it ...
    are you sure about that, or does that mean I am bad and you are going to save me no matter what?

Quote "WE" was used in the quote below.
    the "we' was used in a sarcastic way to expose the hypocrisy behind the thread .
    (can you wikkiup that up for us?)

Quote So there!!
    is this one of those statements where you are trying to say I am right, you are wrong, but never having to use those words???????

Quote still wanna pet my kitties to cure any depression or perhaps high blood pressure ?
    I'll pet your kitty any time you want me too
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2007 at 06:40 PM.

21. TopTop #21
    ThePhiant

because of your age I am advised to be gentle with you

SO WHAT THE F... IS UP WITH THAT FREAKING UMPHREAK NAME OF YOURS?
    Quote what on earth does this mean???? are you trying to say that the fact that we kill some animals and not others shows that we have compassion?
    Darling, what I am trying to say is that we don't have compassion, only hypocritical sensitivity for a selected few

Quote whatever, man.....youve proven to me that youre just here to argue with people (in an obnoxiously cocky way, i might add).
    thank you for your articulation.
    did you finish school yet?

Quote i for one will not be reading ANY more of your posts........much less replying to them
    anytime you need someone to explain the world to you, you can count on me

Quote interesting that youre complaining about how "sensationalized" this story is......when you are the one who started this thread, and youre still going on and on about it!

besides, do we really know who these girls are? i agree that we shouldnt judge them before we know the facts, or even after. but it seems to me that YOU are the one judging peoples reactions to this story. i mean, come on, why does it bother you so freaking much that people are talking about this? people have always talked stories to death, whether they are interesting or not. get over it!!!!

every one of your posts that i have ever read is just attacking people, or making fun of them for something stupid, or just makes little to no sense!!! you are the one sensationalizing. what is your purpose here???? to piss off as many people as possible, and start as many arguments as possible? i have yet to hear a point from you that rings with any validity.

for example:

"yes as predators we use very selective sensitivity's.
    and it makes some think we are not animals"

what on earth does this mean???? are you trying to say that the fact that we kill some animals and not others shows that we have compassion?

whatever, man.....youve proven to me that youre just here to argue with people (in an obnoxiously cocky way, i might add). i for one will not be reading ANY more of your posts........much less replying to them, and i hope others here will do the same.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2007 at 06:43 PM.

22. TopTop #22
    ThePhiant

now I am all hurt,
    you are judging my energy?
    this is getting way too personal, especially since you are exposing your energy
    I guess I'll have to play with my own kitty
    a black one
    of course

i am floating in love with my path of life and choices.

i do not feel the need to do anything but observe!

no one can save you from yourself except yourself.

but oh how you do expose 'where you are at"

gives me the gift to more mindful as to whether or not my cats deserve to pick up on your energy/synergy !

i have 3 by the way. 3 years old....

are you sure about that, or does that mean I am bad and you are going to save me no matter what?
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2007 at 06:43 PM.

23. TopTop #23
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

waa waa waa Lulu, I saw Aquagyrl killing antz today!!!!

24. TopTop #24
    ThePhiant

mykil, my buddy, what happened?
    why did you let TortureTruth loose on me?
    you were supposed to be my friend
    what did you say to her?

yes, mykil it is sad
    only you and me care about ALL the little creatures

25. TopTop #25
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I truly love you and my friends here on wacco, I have meet allot and want to meet the rest. I do not play favorites ever, just ask my children!!!!! Even if I am dating or best friends or truly dislike an individual, this does not matter to me. The only thing that ever matters is what is in my head and that things are right the way I see things. As far as I can see you two where meant for one another and maybe you should step up and come out of the closet for all to feel your real energy in the flesh! Don’t be mad at anyone is my motto, for no one has the right to be mad about any thing. I know this is a bold statement but think before anyone posts something stupid about it it is a deep statement that I truly believe in. I can hear it now. But the reality is if no one were ever to get mad this would be a wonderful world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE LOVE AND FUCKING GRANOLA DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and you all might alwayz be in a good mood like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. TopTop #26
    AquaGyrl

I couldn't help it, they invaded my space and started doing the :macareana: Besides, Mykil, you forgot the part where you evicted me from the ant-chair and *tried* to *rescue* the ants by sitting on them. In case you don't realize it, Spanking Boy, you have little ant carcasses all over your blue tie-dyed shirt and the butt of your jeans.

what did you say to her?

yes, mykil it is sad

27. TopTop #27
    ThePhiant

Oh yes Spanky!!!
    whip me into shape

:panther::panther::panther:

I truly love you and my friends here on wacco, I have meet allot and want to meet the rest. I do not play favorites ever, just ask my children!!!!! Even if I am dating or best friends or truly dislike an individual, this does not matter to me. The only thing that ever matters is what is in my head and that things are right the way I see things. As far as I can see you two where meant for one another and maybe you should step up and come out of the closet for all to feel your real energy in the flesh! Don’t be mad at anyone is my motto, for no one has the right to be mad about any thing. I know this is a bold statement but think before anyone posts something stupid about it it is a deep statement that I truly believe in. I can hear it now. But the reality is if no one were ever to get mad this would be a wonderful world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE LOVE AND FUCKING GRANOLA DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and you all might alwayz be in a good mood like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. TopTop #28
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

My initial response is that I feel sad and concerned and also very grateful that you are speaking your sense of truth , thephiant.

Sad and concerned because I read your post of feeling pain or hurt , and
    it was and IS my intent to come from the heart (as i foolishly assumed you were aware of this due to our relation...silly me!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For clarity, there was no intent to contribute harm or pain to you in any way.
    I also recognize that any feelings you may hold is about you and i am not responsible.

I feel grateful that you are showing that you too have feelings and feel safe enough in this community to expose where you are at....wherever you are at.

and i am grateful you started this thread.

p.s.. i did revise some of my posts..

With love & gratitude,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

what did you say to her?

yes, mykil it is sad
    Last edited by nurturetruth; 07-16-2007 at 06:45 PM.

29. TopTop #29
    ThePhiant

My initial response is that I feel sad and concerned and also very grateful that you are speaking your sense of truth , thephiant.
    it is only MY truth

Quote Sad and concerned because I read your post of feeling pain or hurt , and
    it was and IS my intent to come from the heart (as i foolishly assumed you were aware of this due to our relation...silly me!)
    no pain, no hurt just a reading of energy and using it to respond

Quote For clarity, there was no intent to contribute harm or pain to you in any way.
    I also recognize that any feelings you may hold is about you and i am not responsible.
    that's right and people charge money for teaching that to you

Quote I feel grateful that you are showing that you too have feelings and feel safe enough in this community to expose where you are at....wherever you are at.
    are you saying that I am NOT one-dimensional?
    Quote and i am grateful you started this thread.

SO THERE!
    I started a lot more than that

Quote p.s.. i did revise some of my posts..

With love & gratitude,
    this is too silly
    Last edited by Barry; 07-16-2007 at 03:52 PM.

30. TopTop #30
    ThePhiant

mykill, I think you are on to something!
    in the new Mad mag for kids there is a picture of dead ants
    above the outlines of dead bodies it says
    KEEP BACK-ANT CRIME SCENE
    :justface::justface::justface::justface::justface::justface::justface::justface::justface::justface::justface::justface::justface:

Last edited by Barry; 07-16-2007 at 03:51 PM.