Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Baby dies after choking on mother’s breast milk while family celebrates circumcision

"The incident happened about an hour after the circumcision, during a party held in celebration of the event. The Chief Rabbinate of Israel also conducted an investigation in order to clarify the details of the case. The initial results do not show any link between the circumcision and the baby’s death."

Gee, really?? In an unrelated announcement, the Chief Rabbinate of Israel stated that ingesting fluoride is perfectly safe and does not cause neurological or endocrine problems.

Also noteworthy: the mother was trying to "comfort" the infant by breastfeeding him even though he was crying, which caused the fatal choking. This is a common technique to try to "calm" the infant and get him to shut up after having his genitals mutilated. Should the infant survive the mutilation, as this one did not, he will associate suckling and being held and comforted with pain in his genitals. Is it any wonder that domestic and sexual violence are rampant in male genital cutting cultures?

Here's the rest of the story:

https://www.yourjewishnews.com/2013/06/n27559.html

By: Moses Gold
    A Jewish baby died after choking on his mother’s breast milk just minutes after going through a ritual circumcision procedure, according to hospital officials in Israel.

The incident happened while the baby’s family were celebrating the circumcision. The baby was rushed to the hospital, but died a week after the incident.

A rescue worker of United Hatzalah of Holon, who arrived at the scene, performed CPR on the baby. The baby was taken to Wolfson Hospital in critical condition. The initial investigation determined that the baby suffocated while his mother was attempting to breastfeed while the child was crying.

"When I arrived in the synagogue, the baby was blue, without a pulse and not breathing," Yehuda Mizrahi, head of the United Hatzalah branch in Bat Yam, said. "I immediately began performing CPR, and within minutes, I was joined by other paramedics. After about 20 minutes, the baby’s pulse returned. The ambulance then took the baby to the hospital," Mizrahi added.

The incident happened about an hour after the circumcision, during a party held in celebration of the event. The Chief Rabbinate of Israel also conducted an investigation in order to clarify the details of the case. The initial results do not show any link between the circumcision and the baby’s death.

The mohel, who performed the circumcision, is a veteran certified mohel. The mohel, also accompanied the family to the hospital.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Claire

Re: Baby dies after choking on mother’s breast milk while family celebrates circumcision

I have young SF relatives that recently had a baby boy. They are in a large group of friends, educated, urban professionals in their early 30's all having children now. I asked the mother if they had gone for circumcision for their adorable little guy and she said no and none of the other couples were doing it either.
    Apparently the word is getting out.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3

Re: Baby dies after choking on mother’s breast milk while family celebrates circumcision

This is great news! Thanks for taking the time to post it. It does seem like the days of unquestioned mandates by authority are coming to an end.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Claire: View Post
    I have young SF relatives that recently had a baby boy. They are in a large group of friends, educated, urban professionals in their early 30's all having children now. I asked the mother if they had gone for circumcision for their adorable little guy and she said no and none of the other couples were doing it either.
    Apparently the word is getting out.