Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Anthony Weiner coming back?

There's a real good (and long) article about Anthony Weiner in the New York Times magazine section here. And some commentary on that article at The Atlantic here.

I'd love to see him return to politics. How about you?

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

Re: Anthony Weiner coming back?

I would like to see him come back but he will always have 'that' issue to drag around for the rest of his political career, if he even has one.

I would vote for him but my fear is that he may not be able to muster the support necessary among future constituencies to win. But we'll never know if he doesn't try and I'm glad if he does.

I like Weiner's message but he has to keep his wiener from getting caught in the zipper--in public, no less! His political enemies will use it against him till the end of days.

Also, I don't feel so good about the way he has responded recently to the mini scandal he generated. Those are not the kinds of replies necessary for someone to accept 100% responsibility for his actions. And that could also serve as a litmus test for someone that is not fit for public service. Weiner needs to own up completely, period, so that he can move on and have a chance at a great political career. His being unequivocally forthright is essential for a successful Weiner come back.

Finally, by doing this, Weiner will help take the edge off of Americans' sexual hangups. 30 years ago or more, anyone who did something like this was absolutely finished in politics, a political cadavre.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post

There's a real good (and long) article about Anthony Weiner in the New York Times magazine section here. And some commentary on that article at The Atlantic here.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Tinkerbell

Re: Anthony Weiner coming back?

I thought Anthony Weiner was the best/one of the best representatives in Congress. What he did was annoying, but not nearly as hurtful as the behavior of many other politicians. I would like to see him come back.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: