Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    rachanna

Do you love your toilet?

After snaking and plunging my toilet many times this month, then eventually calling a plumber who came and snaked the thing again, it appears I need to replace my 14 year old toilet.

Now the question is, what to get? Obviously something very water efficient. I'm looking into the various models of dual flush, and am also open to just a good functioning low water use toilet. anyone got a reasonably priced water efficient toilet they just LOVE?? please save me from this annoying habit of doing excessive research before purchasing anything, and just tell me about a great toilet that isn't too expensive.
    i'd love to know....

EDIT: I have purchase a Kohler Wellworth-1.2 gallons per flush - So I'm all set! But you are welcome to reply with your toilet recommendation so it may of be of use to someone else. WACCO, thanks for the love!!

thanks!!
    Last edited by Barry; 01-22-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Do you love your toilet?

Note that the Sonoma County Water Agency offers rebates for select models in select communities. More info here.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    gbryan

The Kohler Cimarron is a medium cost very functional water efficient toilet. You should be able to buy it at Friedman's for around $250.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by chuli: View Post
    After snaking and plunging my toilet many times this month, then eventually calling a plumber who came and snaked the thing again, it appears I need to replace my 14 year old toilet.

Now the question is, what to get? Obviously something very water efficient. I'm looking into the various models of dual flush, and am also open to just a good functioning low water use toilet. anyone got a reasonably priced water efficient toilet they just LOVE?? please save me from this annoying habit of doing excessive research before purchasing anything, and just tell me about a great toilet that isn't too expensive.
    i'd love to know....

thanks!!

6. TopTop #4

We had the same problem. We got a Toto low flush and had no more problems.

Tofu Larry

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    AJL

If you get a two stage toilet with the light flush and heavy flush option, I will install it in Sebastopol for $100.
    That is $50 off my regular price for that type of toilet.
    License #496779
    and insured
    Also, I have an elongated quiet close seat with lid (white) for $25.
    A.J. 861-0669

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tofu Larry: View Post
    We had the same problem. We got a Toto low flush and had no more problems.

Tofu Larry

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #6
    Moon

I used a do-it-yourself composting toilet for two years in a school bus and never had a problem with odor or disposal. I stuck a funnel into a length of hose, with the far end running out through an opening that just barely fit, and poured a little water in after each pee. Then i had a container with a lot of twigs and dry leaves on the bottom and a layer of redwood sawdust and/or chips in between each layer of stool.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rachanna: View Post

i'd love to know....

EDIT: I have purchased a Kohler Wellworth-1.2 gallons per flush - So I'm all set! But you are welcome to reply with your toilet recommendation so it may of be of use to someone else. WACCO, thanks for the love!!

thanks!!