Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year, Everybody!

I hope you all had a joyous New Year and are feeling to the inspiration that a fresh start brings. I, and I'm sure many of you, am taking this opportunity to sharpen my focus and strengthen my resolve to pursue my goals. I thought I'd share some of my personal resolutions along with some intentions for WaccoBB with you. Perhaps you'd like to share some of yours, too!

I'm also interested in any of your thoughts about how each of us can leverage the fresh energy that the New Year brings to make lasting changes in our lives.

On a personal level, my most important resolution is to take better care of my body. I'm really noticing that it requires much more active attention to stay reasonably fit and healthy than it used too. I'm happy to report I cleaned up my diet last year, and that has made a lasting change! Now it's time to for more exercise and more sleep! I'm also resolved to spending more time away from my computer!

On the Wacco front, I'm interested in resuming hosting events, besides our picnic, to help build community, to get to know more of you, and create some ways that WaccoBB can become more of a community effort so it can be a richer community resource. More about that shortly....

I'm also interested in providing more tools to help you find the most interesting content here (and inspire the content to be more interesting!) Perhaps some of you may have noticed the new widgets on our home page. Its also really important to me to further build on the success of the Business Directory (many listings have received an inquiry because of it!) to provide a better resource for the community, an effective/affordable marketing opportunity for our members, and helping to make this service sustainable.

To be frank, it's important to me to generate more income from WaccoBB this year. I'm often told how much people appreciate this service and all the good that gets created with it's help. I really appreciate that, and it profoundly warms my heart, but often it doesn't lift my bank account. My motivation has always been stronger to provide a valuable service more than to make money, but that needs to come into balance this year. As some of you know, this is my full-time gig.

I intend to create more ways that WaccoBB can create value for you, and ways to monetize that value, either directly or indirectly, all while honoring the community flavor of WaccoBB and keeping much of our service free!

If you value this service, now would be a great time to become a supporting member. Non-commercial membership starts at just $2.50 a month or $24/year. You'll get various benefits (such as good deals on tickets and other discounts) but mostly you'll get the satisfaction of knowing you'll helping to sustain a valued community resource.

If you have a business it would help both me and you to list it in our Business Directory. It's very affordably priced so that even if you get just 1 contact over a year, it will have paid for itself or more. Keep in mind that it is tax deductible too! If you want to pay with a check dated in 2012, I'll never tell! You can use discount code NewYear (no space) for a 20% discount on new annual listings! Or reply privately to let me know if you are interested and I'll help you set up your listing.

OK, enough about me. How about you? What's up for you in 2013? Why? What are you going to do make sure you succeed? How can we help?

(In case you missed our New Years card, it is attached at right. Click on it to enjoy the beautiful images taken by one of our community members, Ed Lark)
    Last edited by Barry; 01-02-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Roland Jacopetti

Re: New Year Resolutions

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Happy New Year, Everybody!

I hope you all had a joyous New Year and are feeling to the inspiration that a fresh start brings. I, and I'm sure many of you, am taking this opportunity to sharpen my focus and strengthen my resolve to pursue my goals. I thought I'd share some of my personal resolutions along with some intentions for WaccoBB with you. Perhaps you'd like to share some of yours, too!

OK, enough about me. How about you? What's up for you in 2013? Why? What are you going to do make sure you succeed? How can we help?

(In case you missed our New Years card, it is attached at right. Click on it to enjoy the beautiful images taken by one of our community members, Ed Lark)
    Hi, Barry. Thanks for your resolutions. I hope you know, and that others will tell you, that you become a more and more powerful positive force in our community every day.

My main New Year's resolution is to choose the direction in my life that will benefit the planet, each time I have a decision to make. What I've been hearing most as the Lucky Thirteenth Year dawns is "Armageddon closer, baby!" and I hope we can forestall that.

We need to offer whatever prayers we have at our disposal (and some we make up especially for the occasion) to inspire our leaders to see the essential truths about life they seem to have forgotten, and to turn their efforts toward justice in that long arc of history. Let's all resolve not to end the world just yet. No point in stopping the movie before we get to read the credits.

Love to all,
    Roland
    Last edited by Barry; 01-04-2013 at 01:17 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3

Re: New Year Resolutions

Hi Roland,

So good to hear from you. I hope I've told Barry, and continue to tell him regularly, that "you become a more and more powerful positive force in our community every day." Your pointing that out gives me the opportunity to express appreciation for your positive force as well, a benefit accruing over many years.

Your resolution is so vital as we enter this year. Too often our efforts and resolutions are directed toward self improvement. Thank you so much for directing us toward the common good.

love & blessings,
    Sandy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Roland Jacopetti: View Post
    Hi, Barry. Thanks for your resolutions. I hope you know, and that others will tell you, that you become a more and more powerful positive force in our community every day.

My main New Year's resolution is to choose the direction in my life that will benefit the planet, each time I have a decision to make. What I've been hearing most as the Lucky Thirteenth Year dawns is "Armageddon closer, baby!" and I hope we can forestall that.

We need to offer whatever prayers we have at our disposal (and some we make up especially for the occasion) to inspire our leaders to see the essential truths about life they seem to have forgotten, and to turn their efforts toward justice in that long arc of history. Let's all resolve not to end the world just yet. No point in stopping the movie before we get to read the credits.

Love to all,
    Roland

6. Gratitude expressed by: