Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Re: CVS/Chase - After the approval with conditions

Barry, I think you closed this thread too soon for folks on the digest to respond.

I hope everyone will watch the video of what Patrick Slayter did at the start of the City Council meeting; it was a very sweet tribute to honor the lives lost in Connecticut, and a great exercise for us to connect with those from all sides of the issues.

After that, during Public Comment you'll see the polar opposite of that with the comments of a very angry man, (I think his name is George Manes); he makes my case for why we need a values map. He comes from a place which is in direct contrast to the values of the vast majority who live in Sebastopol, yet insists we conform to his view with lots and lots of name calling throughout his other agenda item comments later. The majority of folks in Rohnert Park may share his views; one wonders why relocation is not an option rather than dismissing us for our moral and environmental standards.

The lesson here is, there is a time for grief, and a time for finding solutions to what harms. No one has a right to judge the non-violent ways we work to deal with grief.

The loss of my child is still so heavy, I was already numb when the news of the massacre came; I could not take it in. What Patrick did helped me to be able to mourn their loss without being consumed; it re-connected me with my humanity; thawed my heart.

It was a precious way to start a civic meeting; wish they all could begin that way, but for very different issues.

I don't know how soon the video will be up, but here's the link.

Patriotically your in peace,

Colleen Fernald
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Helen Shane

The person who Colleen refers to is not George Manes; Manes is the name of a former PD reporter. The person who spoke at last night's meeting is Peter Mancus, who is an occasional City Council meeting attendee and a resident of Sebastopol.
    Last edited by Helen Shane; 12-19-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Helen Shane: View Post
    The person who Colleen refers to is not George Manes; Manes is the name of a former PD reporter. The person who spoke at last night's meeting is Peter Mancus, who is an occasional City Council meeting attendee and a resident of Sebastopol.
    Yes, thanks Helen.

My apologizes to Mr. Manes.