Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Investigative Reporter

How to Stop CVS? Speak tonight or Email Council NOW to support a drive through ban

The first meeting of our newly-elected populist majority City Council meeting will be held at 7 pm at the Youth Annex on Morris St.

The Council will vote on an urgent new ordinance to ban all new drive through windows in our downtown area. One version would apply to all new plans AND building permits. This could derail the CVS/Chase project at Pellini corner, since, I am told (by a CVS insider) the whole purpose of the new development is to get a drive through window.

The proposed Ordinance can be seen here
    https://ci.sebastopol.ca.us/sites/de...rive_thrus.pdf

I urge you to attend the hearing tonight and speak in support of the immediate ban on ALL building permits that have drive through windows, or at least the pro-active ban for future plans. I realize that this means that Sebastopol might grow in its reputation as a place that supports local businesses over national chains and big box stores, but I think this reputation actually helps our local economy.

If you can, please come and express yourself during public comment tonight at the Teen Annex on Morris next to the Community Center, or via email :
    [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
    [email protected]

As Helen Shane wrote earlier: “The existing ordinance in our 1994 GP banning drive through restaurants downtown was enacted before the proliferation of drive though banks, pharmacies and other businesses throughout the county. The city's commitment to pedestrian and bike livability, of a more intensive downtown development and our goal of decreasing greenhouse gases in our town will be undercut by waiting. Drive throughs produce cars idling in wait lines, clogging traffic and churning out greenhouse gasses.”
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: