Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    ywv
    Supporting Member

Re: Farmer's Market at The Barlow

Quote Posted in reply to the post by oliviathunderkitty: View Post
    West Sonoma County needs and could support a mid-week farmers market. I think a Tuesday or Wednesday, 4 to 6:30 or 7 p.m., would be ideal, at a central location. It seems logical for the Sebastopol farmers market to take on the project, given that they have the infrastructure and a long record of success and expansion.

It has been my understanding that the existing market has agreed to be part of The Barlow. But this thread is making me wonder, as it sounds, at times, like a reinvention of the wheel. Can anyone speak to this?

Regarding the issue whether or not out-of-area farmers should be admitted, this is covered by certified farmers market regulations. A market cannot exclude a farm based solely on geography.
    It was also my understanding when The Barlow project was presented before the Planning Commision, that our current Sunday, Farmer's Market wanted to move to The Barlow. That they wanted to move from the Town Plaza, so they could expand and be open more days. Have no idea if this was true and they changed their mind or if this is the Farmer's Market, that the survey is addressing.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #32
    applefan

It is my iunderstanding that the Sunday Farmers Market was recently told they were not welcome at the Barlow in their current incarnation. The Barlow said they are looking for a more "professional" management.. The survey is addressing the possibility of starting a different farmers market.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ywv: View Post
    It was also my understanding when The Barlow project was presented before the Planning Commision, that our current Sunday, Farmer's Market wanted to move to The Barlow. That they wanted to move from the Town Plaza, so they could expand and be open more days. Have no idea if this was true and they changed their mind or if this is the Farmer's Market, that the survey is addressing.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #33
    caverly

i had heard that the vendors had voted to move to the Barlow ; it would make me happy if the Barlow nixed this plan . At this point , only Paula probably really knows { or perhaps the vendors know }. Perhaps we will be able to inquire next Sunday and find out how things stand . Or perhaps "Barlow" will respond to our need-to-know and tell us the current status ; they invited us into this discussion so perhaps they will disclose the current status .

6. TopTop #34
    fafner

From the Sebastopol Farm Market News yesterday Nov. 4, 2012: Third paragraph: "This past week, we were notified by Bret (Bret Martin, new financial partner of The Barlow) that our market is not welcome as a tenant at The Barlow - that they are considering hiring a professional market manager to develop a Barlow Farmer's Market".

Who wants to go to a place where one is not welcome?

7. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

8. TopTop #35
    ywv
    Supporting Member

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ceni: View Post
    Night Market. Wednesday night. 6-10. Live local entertainment.
    I'd go. And I don't go to the Sunday morning ones.
    IMHO I think 10pm is to late, 5 - 9, 4-9 or 6-9 would be better on weeknights. They are not very visable, but there are people living less than a block from the Plaza. Within two blocks there are a lot of people living and on Sunday morning, they can hear the Farmer's Market, like they were standing in the middle of the Plaza.

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #36
    scamperwillow

If this is true, I will not be going to a market at the Barlow.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by fafner: View Post
    From the Sebastopol Farm Market News yesterday Nov. 4, 2012: Third paragraph: "This past week, we were notified by Bret (Bret Martin, new financial partner of The Barlow) that our market is not welcome as a tenant at The Barlow - that they are considering hiring a professional market manager to develop a Barlow Farmer's Market".

11. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

12. TopTop #37
    The Barlow

The Sebastopol Farmer's Market has been taken off of our list of tenants as we work through this delicate decision. We want to respect the current Sunday Market and not share conversations we're having with them. Please continue to express your views as they are extremely helpful in how we move forward.

Could someone do an overarching explanation here? The Sebastopol Farmers Market is listed as a tenant on thebarlow.net so I'm a bit confused by this talk about The Barlow not knowing what direction it will be taking re: a farmers market. Did I miss something?

Also, last I heard Rosso and Zazu were involved, too, but they are not listed as tenants.

Clarification, please.

13. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

14. TopTop #38
    The Barlow

Thank you Barry for this very important request.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    The one very-wrong answer is to have a another market at The Barlow on Sundays. Please do not do that!

15. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

16. TopTop #39
    WolfCub

I moved away from Sebastopol a few months ago but I thought I'd share my perspective as my heart is still deeply connected to the area. If I were still living in Seba I would be quite excited about a second farmers market. I was often out of town on the weekends and missed out the market and wished that there was one on an alternate day. I think a mid week evening market would be perfect. I feel that the interest in locally grown food is growing exponentially and if having a second market will draw more people out to support local farmers than bring it on. the more the merrier. I feel support for this type of growth should be welcomed in. It is too bad that there is so much controversy and drama around the issue. One person should not have control of the availability and access to locally grown food. If the community is able to financially support another market then it will be clear it's time for growth. I guess time will tell. Good luck to the Barlow center, the vendors they take in and to the Seba community!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by The Barlow: View Post
    Thank you Barry for this very important request.

17. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

18. TopTop #40
    AllorrahBe

All along, I thought we might be talking about keeping the current market on the Plaza on Sunday and
    maybe having a second market at The Barlow open at a different time, so we have choice, not domination
    of the market.

For those of us who are unable to get to the Sunday market, we NEED a second market, preferrably in the evening so working people can get there too. I really do not comprehend what the issue is for people who see only competition and division in this conversation. As far as I am concerned, we could have a Farmer's Market every day of the week and eliminate many trips to Safeway, Whole Foods, Lucky, etc., etc., etc.

Consider San Rafael: They have the immensely popular market at the Civic Center on the weekend. They
    also have an evening market downtown during the week, with music and other forms of entertainment, lots of samples, booths serving great food and great community spirit. Nobody is boycotting one market and only going to the other; these markets are enjoying more and more visitors all the time and are limited only by the amount of space they have for more vendors. They probably don't have time to worry about competition!

I say, the more the merrier -- and don't leave out the local handmade products, whether crafts or cooked specialties, those fabulous chocolates made here in Sebastopol, home-made jams and sauces and dressings and all sorts of stuff we used to buy at Whole Foods until we found out about all the GMOs.

See you all at the markets!!
    Rev. BE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by scamperwillow: View Post
    If this is true, I will not be going to a market at the Barlow.

19. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

20. TopTop #41
    The Barlow

Thank you for your great response! We like that the community is open to all the options on the table. We are not in this conversation to cause conflict, just options.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Allorrah Be: View Post
    All along, I thought we might be talking about keeping the current market on the Plaza on Sunday and
    maybe having a second market at The Barlow open at a different time, so we have choice, not domination
    of the market.

For those of us who are unable to get to the Sunday market, we NEED a second market, preferrably in the evening so working people can get there too. I really do not comprehend what the issue is for people who see only competition and division in this conversation. As far as I am concerned, we could have a Farmer's Market every day of the week and eliminate many trips to Safeway, Whole Foods, Lucky, etc., etc., etc.

Consider San Rafael: They have the immensely popular market at the Civic Center on the weekend. They
    also have an evening market downtown during the week, with music and other forms of entertainment, lots of samples, booths serving great food and great community spirit. Nobody is boycotting one market and only going to the other; these markets are enjoying more and more visitors all the time and are limited only by the amount of space they have for more vendors. They probably don't have time to worry about competition!

I say, the more the merrier -- and don't leave out the local handmade products, whether crafts or cooked specialties, those fabulous chocolates made here in Sebastopol, home-made jams and sauces and dressings and all sorts of stuff we used to buy at Whole Foods until we found out about all the GMOs.

See you all at the markets!!
    Rev. BE

21. Gratitude expressed by:

22. TopTop #42
    rossmen

the word was always that the barlow would be the existing farmers market, now this is off the list? why? do you have a problem with the sebastopol farmers market? why do you not want to talk to paula? this does not meet my need for respect.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by The Barlow: View Post
    The Sebastopol Farmer's Market has been taken off of our list of tenants as we work through this delicate decision. We want to respect the current Sunday Market and not share conversations we're having with them. Please continue to express your views as they are extremely helpful in how we move forward.

23. Gratitude expressed by:

24. TopTop #43
    The Barlow

We are speaking with Paula and her team. We simply want to hear from the community with their thoughts about moving forward. There is a lot of love for the current Sebastopol Farmer's Market and we want to respect that. If you have specific questions, I can direct you to the person doing the direct communication with all parties involved.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    the word was always that the barlow would be the existing farmers market, now this is off the list? why? do you have a problem with the sebastopol farmers market? why do you not want to talk to paula? this does not meet my need for respect.

25. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

26. TopTop #44
    The Barlow

Please note that this is a delicate situation. We know we can't please everyone, but are doing our best to remain positive. Our goal is to come up with a scenario that will satisfy the community. If you'd like to ask specific questions to Bret Martin, please reply privately and I will provide you with his contact info.

27. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

28. TopTop #45

Quote Posted in reply to the post by applefan: View Post
    It is my iunderstanding that the Sunday Farmers Market was recently told they were not welcome at the Barlow in their current incarnation. The Barlow said they are looking for a more "professional" management.. The survey is addressing the possibility of starting a different farmers market.
    This is what I heard today also. That Bret Martin stated "We are not welcome as a tenant" I now believe that Bret has a new plan of which Barney has approved of.

29. TopTop #46

Then, In my opinion, we are not meant to move.....Remember that Barney approached us (The Farmers Market) and asked if we would consider joining his new dream. I believe at the time Barney must have considered that us moving to His new location would be a wonderful way of introducing the Sebastopol Community to the Barlow....And it was......Barney has made a very unfortunate and destructive decision.
    He must not be aware of how far reaching and involved the Sebastopol Community is with our Market;
    and he has no idea how fortunate he was that we decided to move in the first place.

30. Gratitude expressed by:

31. TopTop #47

Barney should do some research on the history of the markets, especially the one in Sebastopol. I think it would be a good idea to sit down with some of the founders and some long term customers so that he could get a sense of the development of the markets. They were not always as they are today but newcomers who don't pursue their history are unaware of this, of course.

Paula Downing transformed both the Santa Rosa Original Market and the Sebastopol market. Her vilification by a small group of individuals is unfair, self-serving and does not at all reflect her extraordinary contribution to our community. Paula understands and loves farmers as much and possibly more than anyone I've ever met. She is a genius when it comes to balancing a market so that customers can find what they need and want and farmers can earn a decent living. Before Paula took over these two markets, they were okay but not the the thriving, must-go destinations they have become under her direction. Paula has not only made the markets thrive; she has--intentionally or not, I have no idea--transformed them into our commons, the place where we not only buy the local foods that sustain us but also connect with our neighbors, make new friends and feel, simply, connected.

Why anyone would suggest that she is not a professional manager is beyond me.

The Barlow would be lucky--blessed, even--to have the Sebastopol farmers market under its umbrella.

32. Gratitude expressed by 10 members:

33. TopTop #48
    scamperwillow

If you want to say anything to Barney about opening another farmers market
    at The Barlow, here are his addresses:
    Barney Aldridge
    The Barlow
    P.O. Box 1771
    Ross, CA 94957
    [email protected]
    Please take 5 minutes to communicate your thoughts to Barney. It could
    help everyone.
    Thanks.......

Barney should do some research on the history of the markets, especially the one in Sebastopol. I think it would be a good idea to sit down with some of the founders and some long term customers so that he could get a sense of the development of the markets. They were not always as they are today but newcomers who don't pursue their history are unaware of this, of course.

Paula Downing transformed both the Santa Rosa Original Market and the Sebastopol market. Her vilification by a small group of individuals is unfair, self-serving and does not at all reflect her extraordinary contribution to our community. Paula understands and loves farmers as much and possibly more than anyone I've ever met. She is a genius when it comes to balancing a market so that customers can find what they need and want and farmers can earn a decent living. Before Paula took over these two markets, they were okay but not the the thriving, must-go destinations they have become under her direction. Paula has not only made the markets thrive; she has--intentionally or not, I have no idea--transformed them into our commons, the place where we not only buy the local foods that sustain us but also connect with our neighbors, make new friends and feel, simply, connected.

The Barlow would be lucky--blessed, even--to have the Sebastopol farmers market under its umbrella.

34. TopTop #49
    lizzysweet

"Paula Downing transformed both the Santa Rosa Original Market and the Sebastopol market. Her vilification by a small group of individuals is unfair, self-serving and does not at all reflect her extraordinary contribution to our community. Paula understands and loves farmers as much and possibly more than anyone I've ever met. She is a genius when it comes to balancing a market so that customers can find what they need and want and farmers can earn a decent living."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have been to both the Wells Fargo and Vet's market. I was there in the last days when Paula was telling everyone that there would be NO market at the Vet's building. Then it was... there's only 3 vendors staying. When I learned that those were straight out lies, when I saw for myself the parking lot FULL of vendors, as though nobody had ever left (I know some did, but a heck of a lot stayed...far more than she led anyone to believe), I was disgusted. Your so-called "small group of individuals" is in actuality, NOT SO SMALL! And why was it that the vendors who stayed have managed to work with the county regarding the rent, whereas Paula clearly failed?! Meanwhile, she gave them ultimatums; "You have to choose- us or them!" I know a LOT of vendors who have multiple locations on the same day, or fluctuate between multiple markets, and would have liked to have done both markets...and they are NOT "big corporate farms;" another one of Paula's lies. She was the one who opened a new market location, at the same time and day as those farmers who had been at the Vet's for 40 years and chose to stay. WHO'S THE DIVISIVE ONE?!

I applaud those farmers who took matters into their own hands, gave her the boot, and stayed poot. Clearly Paula does not understand or love the farmers more than the farmers understand and love their own customers and themselves. KUDOS to you farmers who solved whatever problems Paula had with the county and have kept your marketplace alive and well!! And frankly, what do you consider a "decent living," because from what I understand from the vendors I shop with....everyone has been hurt by Paula's actions! In fact, I've started to see vendors that moved to Wells Fargo starting to return to the Vet's because they want to go back to how it was! And what was that business of kicking Marc Felton out of Sebastopol because he didn't have enough chicken (her words). Seriously?! I use to buy chicken, but also his pork and eggs, and lamb all the time! Ironic that that happened at the exact same time as when he announced to his customers that he would also be selling at the Vet's Bldg. under the new organization! The same exact thing those girls said happened to them!

"Why anyone would suggest that she is not a professional manager is beyond me."

Uuuuh, did you read the PD where they announced she forked out $30,000 to settle that case with those poor girls? You don't pay that kind of money if you've been nothing but "professional." Perhaps you should ask Dan Smith to see the compilation that he put together, of actual SR Market minutes and financials, that he gave over to the district attorney. What you'll find is pretty astonishing. Sounds to me like he shared that info. with the Barlow and they know better to stay away...far far away....from Ms. Downing. I say, "SMART MOVE BARNEY!" Perhaps you need to follow your own advice and research some history. After hearing her lies, reading her quotes, talking to that not so small group at the Vet's, and seeing actual documents.... it should not be beyond you or anyone else, why she is not what a small group here on Wacco make her out to be; a guru among insipid moronic farmers who would be otherwise lost without her.

STAY AWAY FROM PAULA DOWNING, BARLOW!!! She's caused enough havoc for our local farmers and community members. There are other fish in the sea; Wells Fargo has found one, Redwood Empire has found one... you CAN TOO!
    Last edited by Barry; 11-16-2012 at 06:02 PM.

35. Gratitude expressed by:

MRL
  36. TopTop #50

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lizzysweet: View Post
    [snip]
    STAY AWAY FROM PAULA DOWNING, BARLOW!!! She's caused enough havoc for our local farmers and community members. There are other fish in the sea; Wells Fargo has found one, Redwood Empire has found one... you CAN TOO!
    I think the tone of this post goes a long way towards underscoring the points I made in a previous post. And I don't find it productive to respond in detail to such vitriol though it is quite easy to document the inaccuracy of these claims should anyone be so inclined.

I would, however, like to emphasize a primary point I made previously. The markets have a long arc and no matter what anyone thinks of Paula Downing today it is impossible to argue accurately that she did not transform the markets she has managed. They are more dynamic, successful, diverse and important to our daily lives than before she arrived.

Of course, she stood on the shoulders of those managers who came before her, building on foundations that were already established and taking them to new levels. I find her vilification terribly sad and, because it is based on lies, terribly frustrating.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-16-2012 at 06:06 PM.

37. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

38. TopTop #51
    citizenkane

Wow. OM...Oversentive misinterpretation. To call others liars just increases the vitiol. They have their opinions, based on their experiences. I am aware of favoritism that had happened when there were folks on a waiting list. Some vendors were replaced by others that had not waited.Based on this experience, I was not so impressed with Paula.
    I think there is plenty of room for our diverse community to have the Farmers' Markets, with crafts. Ernie Carpenter tone about "no crafts" was insulting til he explained what he meant..There are so many talented artisans in West Sonoma County. When I travel, I go to the Farmers' Markets to see local crafts. It is produced here and belongs at the market.
    Good luck with this, I will frequent all of them to minimize the need to shop in a big corporate store.

I think the tone of this post goes a long way towards underscoring the points I made in a previous post. And I don't find it productive to respond in detail to such vitriol though it is quite easy to document the inaccuracy of these claims should anyone be so inclined.

I would, however, like to emphasize a primary point I made previously. The markets have a long arc and no matter what anyone thinks of Paula Downing today it is impossible to argue accurately that she did not transform the markets she has managed. They are more dynamic, successful, diverse and important to our daily lives than before she arrived.

Of course, she stood on the shoulders of those managers who came before her, building on foundations that were already established and taking them to new levels. I find her vilification terribly sad and, because it is based on lies, terribly frustrating.

39. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

40. TopTop #52
    bret martin

hi..i am bret martin and im in charge of the farmers market decision making here at the barlow. if you contact barney he will refer you to me. call me 7073213707 or email [email protected].

there will be a just fair inclusive market at the barlow or there will be no market. its not about money its about the farmers. if you are unhappy with what you think is happening at the barlow i challenge you to invite me over for coffee and a chat and when its over we will be friends working together to benefit all the farmers who deserve a safe environment to sell their goods. and the crafters too.

lets not let stale alliances blind us from the truth..fighting threats lawsuits restraining orders ..not here..we want a fresh start without the baggage and fear ..we deserve better

41. Gratitude expressed by 11 members:

42. TopTop #53
    bret martin

hi..are you up for helping shape the market at the barlow?
    please contact me
    bret

43. Gratitude expressed by:

44. TopTop #54
    The Barlow

Please direct all questions and conversations about the Market and The Barlow to Bret Martin 707-321-3707 or email [email protected].

If you want to say anything to Barney about opening another farmers market
    at The Barlow, here are his addresses:
    Barney Aldridge
    The Barlow
    P.O. Box 1771
    Ross, CA 94957
    [email protected]
    Please take 5 minutes to communicate your thoughts to Barney. It could
    help everyone.
    Thanks.......

45. TopTop #55
    Cinda

--- To your point that Paula Downing; A) transformed the markets, and B) they are more dynamic, successful, diverse, etc...I agree with part A. As for part B, it only works if you turn a blind eye to the current phase of Paula's "transformation". Many of the vendors at Wells Fargo market are really struggling. Attendance is sagging & vendor incomes are down by 50 - 70%. Some have begun to defect to the Redwood market at the Vets building. If you talk to vendors in Sebastapol, you'll find they aren't willing to speak candidly in front of Paula. They'll tell you privately that she's already ousted some vendors who wouldn't follow her to Wells Fargo.

I know the party line is that Paula single-handedly breathed life into these markets....the facts reveal a legacy of fear and decay. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Where there's this much smoke, there's Paula Downing.

I would like to see the Barlow start with a clean slate. It really is time for a fresh start!

46. Gratitude expressed by:

47. TopTop #56
    Cinda

My understanding is that the current Sunday market WANTS to expand into the Barlow to allow more room for more growers. I love the idea of an evening market - maybe that will encourage our downtown stores to stay open longer in the evening, so working people can shop there! Twice a week would be good - maybe one weekend day and one evening.

What I DON'T want to see is that new Farmers market group that pushed the Original Market out of the Santa Rosa Vets bldg take over our Sebastopol Market. They are the ones that recently tried to have a market at the exact same time as our lovely existing market.

I hope Paula Downing, who has tirelessly shepherded our market for all these years, will have a big voice in this.
    Sorry to be such a negative voice, but I have a positive motive. The negative - I've heard the tireless shepherd call customers "f...ing idiots" behind their backs and tell vendors to "f " off to their face. Those who haven't seen that side defend her - and I understand that. It's kind of hard to believe it unless you've seen it with your own two eyes. My positive motive - let's make a new choice that makes everybody feel good.

48. Gratitude expressed by:

49. TopTop #57
    lizzysweet

"The Barlow { at this stage and probably later } looks very sterile , corporate , all linear , concrete - much less friendly ,less natural , no harmonious flow =industrial type design , designed for profit.

i wish we can keep our beautiful Sunday Farmer's market the way it is ; i regret that chasing the all-mighty dollaris a reason that we may lose this magnificent quaint style of our gathering . "

I'm not sure what planet you live on, but it's not earth! Farmer's markets do not exist so you can get warm fuzzy feelings of "commonunity." They exist so farmers have a central place to sell their wares directly to the public.... FOR A PROFIT! They too have bills to pay, they too have children whom they'd like to send to college. The farmer's market is not your community church or west county hippie lovefest where followers of Pastor Paula go to be baptized. People like you who treat farmers like zoo animals, there for your gauging and entertainment, really chap my hide; it's disrespectful, unrealistic, and an embarrassment. If we don't design for profit, honey, then all that'll be left will be vineyards and zoos.

50. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

51. TopTop #58

Hey Brett and Barney,

Keep smart meters, cel towers, wi fi, etc. OUT of Barlow, bring local Green interior products in.

I hope you will strongly consider making you project the Greenest ever; right down to the interiors, with help from Susan Bahl of Keystone Green in Rohnert Park. She has a wide range of knowledge on Green products.

If residents and visitors have the confidence that The Barlow is safe for all electro-sensitive people; that can be one of your most important features as well.

I think having a plaza based Sunday Farmer's market is important. I would also love to see Community Market become a co-op at The Barlow in Sebastopol, for a year round community run CSA kind of Farmer's Market.

How can I help facilitate all of these recommendations for you all?

Much thanks

See
    Flooring Myths Busted in the Sonoma County Gazzette here:
    www.sonomacountygazette.com/cms/pages/sonoma-county-news-article-763.html

Quote hi..i am bret martin and im in charge of the farmers market decision making here at the barlow. 7073213707 or email [email protected].

... working together to benefit all the farmers who deserve a safe environment to sell their goods. and the crafters too.

lets not let stale alliances blind us from the truth..fighting threats lawsuits restraining orders ..not here..we want a fresh start without the baggage and fear ..we deserve better
    Last edited by Barry; 11-20-2012 at 06:36 PM.

52. Gratitude expressed by:

53. TopTop #59
    Dorothy Friberg

I have a solution, we will now all shop at the Original Santa Rosa Farmer's Market at the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday mornings. Lets give honest non-spiteful community-oriented Farmers their due, (our support). I personally think it unbecoming for Sebastopuddlers to be so mean and spiteful toward Paula Downing. Stop this UGLY WAR and get your priorities straight. I personally worked with Paula on many community events at her markets. As our Bennett Valley Senior Center was threatened with closure Paula let me set up a Save our Senior Center table weekly for over a month in her market. Paula herself was the most generous donor of cash among all who donated. We still love you Paula in spite of your being put in the crucible, and I kaow that you will come through this still a whole, generous, loving person. THANK YOU PAULA DOWNING for rising above the mudslingers and petty competition. Dorothy Friberg

54. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

55. TopTop #60
    Cinda

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dorothy Friberg: View Post
    I have a solution, we will now all shop at the Original Santa Rosa Farmer's Market at the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday mornings. Lets give honest non-spiteful community-oriented Farmers their due, (our support). I personally think it unbecoming for Sebastopuddlers to be so mean and spiteful toward Paula Downing. Stop this UGLY WAR and get your priorities straight. I personally worked with Paula on many community events at her markets. As our Bennett Valley Senior Center was threatened with closure Paula let me set up a Save our Senior Center table weekly for over a month in her market. Paula herself was the most generous donor of cash among all who donated. We still love you Paula in spite of your being put in the crucible, and I kaow that you will come through this still a whole, generous, loving person. THANK YOU PAULA DOWNING for rising above the mudslingers and petty competition. Dorothy Friberg
    You sound like a good person Dorothy, but did it ever occur to you that other people might have information that you don't - or that there may be a valid position other than yours? I give generously to my family & community - I too am a good person. I didn't just wake up one morning and choose to be uncharicistically spiteful or to wage an ugly war. Many things in life are not as they outwardly appear. I think an open mind is the first step in solving any problem.