Please note that despite the thread title here, my City Council campaign is not in connection to any Occupy group. I do consider my support of the: local, national and international Occupy movements to be part of my community service work.

The Occupy model is the strategy I'm using to introduce as a new way to serve the public in elected offices. That is, I'm working for the 99%, not just one end of our polarized town, or the other; but both in balance with the majority's POV. Nor am I dedicated to any division by political party, NGO group, business, etc. I'm not taking endorsements.

Of course the Occupy movement is not about endorsing candidates. When you read my guest column in the current Sonoma West Times & News, I hope you will understand my intentions. If not, let's communicate and see if we can both get clear.

My aim is to support ways we can sharpen our focus on what enables Sebastopol's local economy to thrive; also to create and expand a map of our wise human stewardship. For our personal well being, and the health of our regional habitat.

What are the 3-5 top issues we can find majority support for? Once 2/3rds of US cities and states can get on that same page, we can peacefully "Occupy" the areas of the Federal Government laws, policies and programs which aren't serving: us, our local and US economy, and especially our Constitutional Rights.

I'll be updating my campaign website tonight and would love to include the issues and questions important to you; whether you work, play or shop here; live in the city limits, or sphere of influence.

Thanks!,

Colleen Fernald

Sebastopol's Candidate for
Peace through Justice
City Council 2012

www.campaignforpeace.org

Lets Occupy City Council

Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:14 pm by Colleen Fernald |

Sebastopol, what do you want? What are your most important issues? Whats working? Whats almost working; how can we fix it? Whats not working; what policies, and ordinances should we improve, overhaul; or end?

Will you require all candidates have an action plan for these most important issues; in order to earn your vote? Help co-create the ideal platform; then were all a step closer to getting it delivered...

www.sonomawest.com/sonoma_west_times_and_news/opinion/editorials/let-s-occupy-city-council/article_c0a03e72-0816-11e2-bdf1-001a4bcf887a.html?fb_action_ids=3590627926784&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.UGY-ftZ3FpY.like&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=28838148123