Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shaman

Who Can Tell Me About The July 24th Bomb Threat Against Aubergines?

I was there, and I don't like the fact that police let us stay in a building under bomb threat by "animal rights activists." Employees later told me that the police we saw searching through baskets of clothing were looking for a BOMB.

Is this your idea of public safety, Chief Weaver? Letting customers and employees remain where they might be blown to bits? I'd like to be given the OPTION of evacuating a building under bomb threat.

This fiasco was hushed up by police, and I think I know why.

Terrorist activity in Sebastopol might cause investors to rethink the CVS/Chase project down the street. Drug stores sell products of animal testing, and Chase Banksters bid-rigging and mortgage fraud make them a natural target for terrorist activity.

But too much money is riding on this to bother with alerting people they might get blown up. Bad for business, what with lawsuits for bad faith negotiations, failure to perform, surety bonds and insurance.

I'm now wondering if the Barlow warehouse fire was accidental. Heaps and bales of clothing don't burn very well. Are these two events related?

Thanks.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Imagery

Re: Who Can Tell Me About The July 24th Bomb Threat Against Aubergines?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shaman: View Post
    I was there, and I don't like the fact that police let us stay in a building under bomb threat by "animal rights activists." Employees later told me that the police we saw searching through baskets of clothing were looking for a BOMB.

Is this your idea of public safety, Chief Weaver? Letting customers and employees remain where they might be blown to bits? I'd like to be given the OPTION of evacuating a building under bomb threat.

This fiasco was hushed up by police, and I think I know why.

Terrorist activity in Sebastopol might cause investors to rethink the CVS/Chase project down the street. Drug stores sell products of animal testing, and Chase Banksters bid-rigging and mortgage fraud make them a natural target for terrorist activity.

But too much money is riding on this to bother with alerting people they might get blown up. Bad for business, what with lawsuits for bad faith negotiations, failure to perform, surety bonds and insurance.

I'm now wondering if the Barlow warehouse fire was accidental. Heaps and bales of clothing don't burn very well. Are these two events related?

Thanks.
    My question: Who can tell me why it took the OP over TWO MONTHS to come forward with his/her concerns?

Is it because they didn't think the scare/conspiracy thread would work in their favor while there was a debate on the Chase/CVS project? I believe that most who read about Chase/CVS would realize that I'm all for 'Chase'ing CVS out of town, but this thread is a waste of time.

Possible reasons:

1. The caller was not terribly credible, therefore the chance of an actual bomb being located in the building was negligible.
    2. They don't want to shut down the main artery for traffic going through town for several hours in order to investigate a hoax.

Now I'm not speaking for anyone but myself, but you are alive, you never got 'blown to bits' and everyone is safe, right?

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Shaman

My question: Who can tell me why it took the OP over TWO MONTHS to come forward with his/her concerns?

(Dear Imagery: I TRY to only respond to rational, relevant, reality-based comments, but I'm responding to yours, anyway since this is my first post here, and I'm bored.)

(I only joined WACCObb and posted a month ago. You'd know this if you'd bothered to look at my profile. So why expect me to do the impossible? Kinda hard for me to join TWO months ago, without a time machine. Perhaps I could borrow yours?)

(In addition, I only went public with this after the chief refused to answer my request for info. It takes a month or two for public servants to stonewall a request. Maybe you could prevail on him to speed up the rate at which he fails to respond? Thanks!)

Is it because they didn't think the scare/conspiracy thread would work in their favor while there was a debate on the Chase/CVS project?

(Who's this "they" you have assigned me to? Am I a member of a shadowy group, so secret that even I am unaware of it? How thrilling... What secret groups do YOU belong to?)

I believe that most who read about Chase/CVS would realize that I'm all for 'Chase'ing CVS out of town, but this thread is a waste of time.

(I was not aware the public debate on CVS/CHASE was over. How nice for you. Now you can devote your precious time to shutting down OTHER public discussions that don't meet your high standard. Way to "Chase" those banksters out of town, Larry!)

(As for this thread being a waste of time, I'd have to agree that describes YOUR part in it.)

Possible reasons:

1. The caller was not terribly credible, therefore the chance of an actual bomb being located in the building was negligible.

(Close to a dozen FBI agents were in Sebastopol, investigating and surveilling Aubergine several weeks ago. Of course, the FBI only investigates prank calls from drunk 12-year olds, and entraps Muslim students into making bombs these days. Arresting REAL criminals like Whitey Bulger would be too gosh-darn scary. Criminals are mean. I read that Bulger murdered 19 people while working as an FBI informant. No wonder the FBI protected him from arrest and sent four innocent men to prison for his crimes. He was telling the FBI about drugs and gambling, which are waaaay more important than a dozen or so silly little murders-for-profit.)

(If you have information about this case, or any domestic terrorism, call the Santa Rosa division of the FBI, (707) 566-6140 . Just be careful what say is provably true, because lying to federal investigators will get you a year in prison. That's what got Martha Stewart sent to Alderson Federal Prison Camp.)

2. They don't want to shut down the main artery for traffic going through town for several hours in order to investigate a hoax.

(Good thinking. We can't shut down a road for trifles like the chance people might get cut to ribbons by flying glass. Especially since Sebastopol only shuts down roads for potholes, sinkholes, fallen trees, parades, street fairs, block parties, traffic accidents, DUI checkpoints, landslides, floods, burst water mains, collapsed sewer pipes, ruptured gas lines, major fires and escaped livestock, and how often do THOSE freak incidents occur? Only a few hundred times a year, so the City plainly has no way of coping with such unprecedented events. God forbid people have to detour a few blocks around the building. Capitalism might be delayed for several minutes, and as Dubya told us, if we stop shopping, the terrorists win. Or something like that. I was too busy pounding my head against a wall to hear his stirring words.)

Now I'm not speaking for anyone but myself,

(Don't sell yourself short, I'm sure you speak for dozens of folks nationwide who want to stop embarrassing discussions about Law Enforcement… Or is it Lie Enforcement? I read the FBI is fond of forging "letters to the editor" to sway public opinion. They'd write in favor of the Vietnam War, forge letters to incite Black Panthers and other groups to murder each other, they tried to blackmail Dr. Martin Luther King to commit suicide. FBI agents even got letters printed in the Press Democrat saying parents of SRJC students should be arrested if their kids attend Gulf War protests, and SRJC should expel student protesters. So you know the Bureau holds the Moral High Ground. With your stirring, carefully-reasoned call to extinguish public debate, you'd be a natural FBI letter writer.)

but you are alive, you never got 'blown to bits' and everyone is safe, right?

(What dazzling insight. I AM still alive. If a person isn't blown to bits or killed, they have no cause to complain about police misconduct, corruption or incompetence. Just ask Rodney King. Oh wait, never mind. You can't ask him. He committed suicide. I'm sure it had nothing to do with his being beaten half to death by officers Koon, Wind and Briseno while dozens of other officers stood around watching, and then seeing this attackers get off with a slap on the wrist. And then the riots, the arson, and the murders... No cause for complaint, there. Case closed! There's no point in criticizing police until AFTER I'm killed due to police incompetence, is there? Thanks for showing me the correct way of looking at public safety. Wait until I'm a corpse to speak out. Words to live by. Rodney King will be thrilled to know that he has your approval to complain, now that he's dead.)

(Larry, if you want to shut down public discussion of a public concern to bless us with us the bounty of boundless ignorance, perhaps it would be good to educate yourself first. I don't think the Chase/CVS angle is extremely likely either, but with BIG MONEY come big influences. Something has to be motivating this coverup beyond simple embarrassment. I presented my theory. You presented a demonstration of the Dunning/Kruger effect. That's the tendency for people who know nothing on a subject to think there IS nothing to know about the topic. You know, like George Bush insisting Iran attacked us on 9/11, that waterboarding is not torture, and God TOLD him to go to war. When God says so, who needs all that book learning'?)

(So Dubya's excuse for militant ignorance was GOD. What's yours?)

(This was real fun, let's do it again after you get your time machine fixed so you can go back in time and make sure this thread never happened. Oh, but that would mean we never had this fun talk… Never mind.)

(Toodles!)

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    podfish

.... This fiasco was hushed up by police, and I think I know why. Terrorist activity in Sebastopol might cause investors to rethink the CVS/Chase project down the street. Drug stores sell products of animal testing, and Chase Banksters bid-rigging and mortgage fraud make them a natural target for terrorist activity. .
    Actually, I think it was to protect McDonald's lunch hour business. They sell animal products too, and probably their customers don't want to be near terrorist activity either. I'm sure there are other plausible connections we could make, now that we're rolling....

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    Shaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    Actually, I think it was to protect McDonald's lunch hour business. They sell animal products too, and probably their customers don't want to be near terrorist activity either. I'm sure there are other plausible connections we could make, now that we're rolling....
    Podfish-

Suggest you forward your suspicions to the FBI'S Joint Terrorism Task Force. Unless you're just trying to be funny, or clever.

Then you should try harder. Or leave the jokes to actual funny people.

Thanks for your incalculable assistance on this important public safety issue.

9. TopTop #6
    podfish

Or leave the jokes to actual funny people.

Thanks for your incalculable assistance on this important public safety issue.
    this site seems to be a good place for amateurs.. and I do try to treat important public safety issues like this with the seriousness they deserve.

10. Gratitude expressed by: