Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Dog WANTED
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barbara

Dog WANTED

I have been looking for a male Bearded Collie or mixture thereof (Neardie) to adopt for almost a year. Having no luck at all even though I check numerous animal shelters around the USA on a daily basis, am registerd with BCCA Rescue, Beardie Connection, etc. Maybe my requirements are to stringent, but the dog should be an adult, and good with other dogs and cats.

Should anyone be aware of such a dog needing a home, please contact me.

Many thanks,

Barbara
    Bodega Bay, CA
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Teirrahmae

Re: Dog WANTED

Perhaps you have a specific need for this particular bread - if not please go back to the shelters and close your eyes and point in any direction and you will find a dog that is in great need of a good home. I just adopt a cute one year old male terrier/Dixie mix - he is a great little dog. Actually he picked me which is the best way to go and he will be with me forever no matter what. THERE SO MANY DOGS/CATS/ETC in shelters that need a loving home. ACTUALLY AN ALARMING AMOUNT OF ANIMALS IN SHELTERS. My new little pal and I will find a way to make it together - I will not take him back under any circumstances because there are already too many lonely pets in shelters just waiting for someone to love - and be loved in return. When I first started looking for my little pal I was totally disgusted with the thousands of dogs and cats that seem to have been simply thrown away by uncaring people. There are of course many other critters in the shelters too. Dogs are fantastic companions, loving,, faithful and should be treated with a lot more consideration. Animals are not here to simply entertain you and then just thrown away. FOR MOST PEOPLE it will not take a year to find a great companion; it will take only a few days to find one of the best friends you will ever have. My first dog was my Mother's German Shepard - "Lady" took her place by my side the day I was born and did not leave my side until she died - she was my protector and no one dared mess with me - and she proved that more than once. You can teach an animal to be obedient but more important, ANIMALS TEACH YOU THAT YOU CAN BE GENTLE AND LOVING AND REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE LOVABLE TOO. What more can I say.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: