Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    caretaker

Re Fly boy lost dog, Re lost beagle name Valentine

Hi this is Mary from All Aboard Animal Search & Rescue..
    I am not on this site often.. but wanted to thank everyone for there contribution to helping getting fly boy back home. He was lost as a shy dog they are often hard to get. I am a dog tracker and tabby tracker in sonoma county.. Its a non profit designed to help people recover there animals. We try on the phone to guide people without having to hire us. although it is a tax write off , and what you donate goes to feed, care, medical and ads for the animals we write stories about in the press democrat.

I was called next day after fly boy disappeared and had been tracking him for quite some time. I felt he had left the area you know I am in the area when you see the giant yellow poster boards with writing you can see from the car they stand out well . Even the person that does not want to get out of the car can see them without pulling over.

I appreciate that Sarah noticed my sign and called as she had seen flyboy under a porch as I had said to Nancy he would he was shy dog thats what they do.. but he knew sara also had a dog often shy dogs want to be near them, even if its under the porch.

That night I called Nancy bring many things there socks , towels, roasted chicken, I showed Sara how to set the trap which her dog ran right into. and the next morning early she had him. He was injured so I thank god he was found and did not stay out in the woods left to die injured which happens. It is everyone the neighbor up the hill from nancy who was always looking , neighbors who helped me by going out into there tractors looking for him. people who owned dogs looking. Thanks to the woman who I understand Marty Roberts for her nice flyers. and for Nancy not giving up on flyboy.
    He is doing well resting at home.

Ok dog number 2 Valentine who was lost out in duncans mills. she was a beagle and was a research dog for a lab for quite awhile and then adopted to nice lady karin. When she was lost out at duncans mills she hired someone who felt the dog was out at bodega bay and then walked up to occidental .. someone helping karin told her to call me that phone calls are free......... and she did I told her I did not in my experience think since she lived in a cage knew how to run or far and felt she still was in the same area hiding...... on the phone we talked for 2 or 3 days she came down on the weekend and called me in the afternoon and said she got her the neighbor saw and got her .. she was 3 doors down.. she emailed and sent me nice card telling me she is back and happy sleeping and won't leave her side.

Just taking notice posting on craigs or on here and saying you saw a sighting of a dog running.
    Animal Care and Control generally does not come out and look for a stray dog if during business hours which in my experience is after 3:30PM they are headed back to the barn so to speak as I have helped many people who have called me after hours when they found a dog and had it on a leash nor would police or animal come unless it was emergency and someone was being injured or dog was hit by a car. if we are educated and knowledgable about what to do there are less on the streets and less hit by cars . or less that are found and by impulse control won't give them up. which is lost and then stolen.

I have been able to reunite 4 dogs in 2 weeks just from missed connections.
    you can take them to petcare and turn them in if you cannot keep them until ACC arrives.

you can email me also and I can try to help guide you what to do. many years ago I tracked a dog that originated from a wacco post it was a cattledog that had a 10 mile radius and I tracked him for some time. There are days I wished I never let him go but he lives with a great man his name is Buddy Allison now.

I recovered a cat almost 3 years later because I never gave up.
    a dog I found in the ditch and then adopted from ACC held a stuffie like she had her babies taken too soon .. so I set out for 2 years but I found one of her fur kids .. her son and he looked just like her. I got back ground and her sad story but with a great ending.......
    Just don't ever give up.......
    Make sure you file a lost report at Animal Care and Control off century drive. file a report at the Humane Society Hwy 12. File a report at Petcare also.

Thanks for all who puts in effort every day to help a stray animal.

All Aboard Animal Search & Rescue
    Last edited by Barry; 08-01-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email