Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    tommy

Funny thing about Mormons

With Mormons Romney and Huntsman as Republican Presidential candidates, my experience of Mormons has been rekindled. I worked at a big computer company that employed many Mormons. It's no wonder - they're incredibly hard working people, are not beset my drug or alcohol problems, are very moralistic people, and make great cogs for the machines of capitalism. They take orders very well.

What I found peculiar, was their lack of independent judgment. They are completely devoted to their families, and their Mormon faith, of course. I think this stems from the family oriented nature of Mormon churches, which as I understand it, are social hubs for the congregants, with activities going on almost every day, for kids, teens, parents, adults, etc. This early indoctrination leads to conformity and adherence, not unlike that required in the military. I've had a few friends who've been at odds with the church over policies, and been ex-communicated, and "shunned" - often by their own nuclear families. It is no wonder that the Mormon Church has been categorized as a cult by many.

An example of Mormon "tunnel vision" is Mr Romney's defense of his plundering of jobs by carving up American companies, and reaping millions for himself. And consideration of financial controls of the 1% as "class warfare". He sees criticism of his legal equity theft as "envy", evoking a Baptist preacher. This is the Mormon tunnel vision - believing in self, and ego, at all costs.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Funny thing about Mormons

And let's not forget Temple Garments and Pligs!

And Mountain Meadows...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email