Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    torresjo

Vista Health Center Santa Rosa

I recently had the privilege of speaking with a woman by the name of Elizabeth who works as a nurse at the Vista Family Health Center in Santa Rosa, California. I would like to write a few lines about Vista to inform anyone who is despondent about the current, for profit healthcare system in America that there are clinics that offer quality care to those in need regardless of immigration status or ability to pay. Vista has a policy of preventative health care, which involves treating a patient not just for the ailment for which they are seeking treatment but also identifying potential medical problems that may plague them in the future. Many patients seen at Vista earn less than 250% of the poverty rate and this qualifies them for complementary doctor visits and lab tests should they require them. Unlike many community clinics that only offer patients basic primary care, Vista offers specialized care in the fields of podiatry, optometry, and mental health. Elizabeth and I believe that healthcare is a right, not a privilege, and that all persons regardless of immigration or financial status should have access to it. Vista’s preventative and comprehensive approach to health care is starting to be used a model for new clinics founded by people who share this view and should be something that all health care providers strive for.

https://srhealthcenters.org/location...health-center/

Sincerely Joel Torres
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members: