Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Thanks Patriot Act - Obama Implements 'Precrime' 'Prolonged Detention' Rachel Maddow Repor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBdPEK5pNtE

Somebody here please tell me that you will not vote for Obama because of this. I can't imagine liberals in my own community supporting a man who would do say such a thing.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    theindependenteye

Re: Thanks Patriot Act - Obama Implements 'Precrime' 'Prolonged Detention' Rachel Maddow R

>>>Somebody here please tell me that you will not vote for Obama because of this. I can't imagine liberals in my own community supporting a man who would do say such a thing.

Nope, can't promise that. My intention is to vote for the LEAST WORST GUY, as always. You thought you were going to get Jesus Christ? This is the planet Earth, not Cloud-Cuckoo-Land.

Peace & joy, hopefully, maybe, sorta kinda—
    Conrad

4. TopTop #3
    Hotspring 44

Re: Thanks Patriot Act - Obama Implements 'Precrime' 'Prolonged Detention' Rachel Maddow R

If (when) the choice is going to be between Obama and either Mit Romney, Newt Gingrich, or a write-in that definitely will not carry enough electoral votes, does anyone still think their vote will make any difference regarding so-called 'Prolonged Detention' (1031, 1032, and 1036 of S. 1867 which was apparently adopted from 1031, 1032, and 1036 of S. 1253)?

I am not saying that this issue is a small one. What I am saying is there are other issues that will have more of an effect on many more Americans that will have real consequences than this one issue will.

I personally don't know anyone that would be put in "'Precrime' 'Prolonged Detention'" under the rules that are defined in 1031, 1032, and 1036 of S. 1867 which IS exactly what we are talking about here.
    But, I do
    personally know quite a few people that would be adversely affected with heavy-handed austerity.

So when considering the
    S. 1867 that is now law, and who I would trust to not (or at least would least) abuse it, and someone that I believe would implement both abusive authority using the provisions; 1031, 1032, and 1036 in S. 1867 and heavy-handed austerity and; (BTW), other more extreme right wing agendas, I would 'figuratively' hold my nose and vote for the LESSER of the two "evils" only when the electoral votes in my area are too close for me to call. Otherwise I would vote for the candidate that I think represents what I believe is best in the write-in part of the ballot.

Unfortunately, painful as it is, sometimes strategic voting is the best game in town.:eek: