Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

Sick of your Student Loans?

The following is from Robert Applebaum:

Forgiving the student loan debt of all Americans will have an immediate stimulative effect on our economy. With the stroke of the President's pen, millions of Americans would suddenly have hundreds, or in some cases, thousands of extra dollars in their pockets each and every month to spend on ailing sectors of the economy.

As consumer spending increases, businesses will begin to hire, jobs will be created, and a new era of innovation, entrepreneurship, and prosperity will be ushered in for all. A rising tide does, in fact, lift all boats—forgiving student loan debt, rather than tax cuts for corporations, millionaires and billionaires, has a MUCH greater chance of helping to raise that tide in a MUCH shorter time-frame.

The future economic success of this country is wholly dependent upon a well-educated, prosperous middle class. Instead of saddling entire generations with debt from which there is no escape, let's empower the American people to grow this economy on their own!

That's why I created a petition on SignOn.org, calling on President Obama and Congress to support legislation seeking student loan forgiveness as a means of economic stimulus.

Will you sign the petition? Click here to add your name, and then pass it along to your friends:

https://www.moveon.org/r?r=263764&id...84-LvENMJx&t=2

Thanks!

–Robert Applebaum
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dixon

Re: Sick of your Student Loans?

Speaking as someone who's never had much money, but scraped up the money to pay back his student loans, I don't support this idea of forgiving student loans. This rewards the irresponsible and, in a sense, penalizes those who were responsible enough to pay their debts. There are better ways to stimulate the economy.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

Quote Posted in reply to the post by The"A"Team: View Post
    The following is from Robert Applebaum:

Forgiving the student loan debt of all Americans will have an immediate stimulative effect on our economy. With the stroke of the President's pen, millions of Americans would suddenly have hundreds, or in some cases, thousands of extra dollars in their pockets each and every month to spend on ailing sectors of the economy.

As consumer spending increases, businesses will begin to hire, jobs will be created, and a new era of innovation, entrepreneurship, and prosperity will be ushered in for all. A rising tide does, in fact, lift all boats—forgiving student loan debt, rather than tax cuts for corporations, millionaires and billionaires, has a MUCH greater chance of helping to raise that tide in a MUCH shorter time-frame.

The future economic success of this country is wholly dependent upon a well-educated, prosperous middle class. Instead of saddling entire generations with debt from which there is no escape, let's empower the American people to grow this economy on their own!

That's why I created a petition on SignOn.org, calling on President Obama and Congress to support legislation seeking student loan forgiveness as a means of economic stimulus.

Will you sign the petition? Click here to add your name, and then pass it along to your friends:

https://www.moveon.org/r?r=263764&id...84-LvENMJx&t=2

Thanks!

–Robert Applebaum
    Yes, I paid my student loans as well. I posted this because I think it is interesting to look at new ideas that favor the individual, rather than the corporate government (such as bank bailouts). It would be great to allow some new ideas into the conversations in DC. Instead of the same old tired, old backbiting that I hear day after day.....

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

The movement to forgive student loan debt is spreading like wildfire. Already, more than 300,000 people have signed the petition I started on SignOn.org—a powerful show of support for an idea that would do far more to stimulate the economy than offering more tax cuts to corporations and millionaires!

But to make sure politicians in Washington take notice, we need to keep the momentum going. Even if you've already done so, can you post this petition to Facebook right now?

Yes, I'll post on Facebook right now, asking my friends to sign!

I'm not on Facebook, but I'll share the petition a different way.

Or you can forward the note below to your friends via email.

Thanks!

–Robert Applebaum
    Founder, ForgiveStudentLoanDebt.com

Subject: Want a Real Economic Stimulus and Jobs Plan? Forgive Student Loan Debt!

Hi,

I signed a petition to The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate and President Barack Obama, which says:

"Forgiving the student loan debt of all Americans will have an immediate stimulative effect on our economy. With the stroke of the President's pen, millions of Americans would suddenly have hundreds, or in some cases, thousands of extra dollars in their pockets each and every month with which to spend on ailing sectors of the economy. As consumer spending increases, businesses will begin to hire, jobs will be created and a new era of innovation, entrepreneurship and prosperity will be ushered in for all. A rising tide does, in fact, lift all boats - forgiving student loan debt, rather than tax cuts for corporations, millionaires and billionaires, has a MUCH greater chance of helping to rise that tide in a MUCH shorter time-frame. The future economic success of this country is wholly dependent upon a well-educated, prosperous middle class. Instead of saddling entire generations with debt from which there is no escape, let's empower the American people to gro! w this economy on their own! Therefore, we, the undersigned, strongly encourage Congress and the President to support H. Res 365, introduced by Rep. Hansen Clarke (D-MI), seeking student loan forgiveness as a means of economic stimulus."
    Will you sign this petition? Click here:

https://signon.org/sign/want-a-real-...in&r_by=495189

7. TopTop #5

Home Raided by SWAT for Student Loans

Home Raided by SWAT for Student Loans

This happened earlier this summer in Stockton, California.

FYI Sheriff Mack is the author of The County Sheriff: America's Last Hope https://www.alibris.com/booksearch.d...&qsort=&page=1
    and
    The Proper Role of Law Enforcement

https://www.alibris.com/booksearch.d...&qsort=&page=1

Folks, this police state has gone too far.

The Government is Fanning the Flames

Name:  ron_paul_revolution_sign.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  47.8 KB
    Last edited by ubaru; 09-24-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added info about Sheriff Mack

8. TopTop #6
    TrialxError

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    Speaking as someone who's never had much money, but scraped up the money to pay back his student loans, I don't support this idea of forgiving student loans. This rewards the irresponsible and, in a sense, penalizes those who were responsible enough to pay their debts. There are better ways to stimulate the economy.
    I'm in total agreement.

Besides, do people not know of the 25-year forgiveness plan already in place?

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #7
    Dixon

Hey, Blake (AKA TrialxError)--
    This is the first time I've seen someone posting on Wacco from as far away as Michigan (my home state, BTW). I'm curious; how did you get involved with Wacco from so far away?

11. TopTop #8
    TrialxError

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    Hey, Blake (AKA TrialxError)--
    This is the first time I've seen someone posting on Wacco from as far away as Michigan (my home state, BTW). I'm curious; how did you get involved with Wacco from so far away?
    I often look up news, forums, grassroots activism, and blogs online. I ran across this site when I was browsing the web.

12. Gratitude expressed by: