Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Website outage Sept 9-11

Hi Everybody,

I'm sorry for the recent website outage. A "now former" programmer decided to update the site without clearance from me and without making a backup. The software was not quite ready for prime-time, but since the most recent backup we had was a day and a half old, I first tried to fix the outstanding problems rather than revert to the backup. Alas, we were not successful so I put up the backup.

We do have a copy of the database from the point that the system went down, so nothing is completely lost. However that database can not be used with the version of the system that we are running now. So we will be putting up the posts that are not contained on the backup that we are using. My assistant, Alexia, will be putting up the posts under her account. If anybody replies privately to any of those posts she will forward the reply to the original poster. So everything will be handled!

We have a bunch of updates that are coming soon (but not until they are ready!). The website will get a new editor. Among other things it will support a stretchable posting window for everybody and WYSIWYG editing for Safari users. It will also have a better mobile (iPhone/iPad) interface. The Digest is going to get a styling update and the Business Directory is finally going to launch (really! )

So please take this bump in stride as we upgrade the joint!

Thanks!
    Barry
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Hotspring 44

Re: Website outage Sept 9-11

Thanks Barry!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    If anybody replies privately to any of those posts she will forward the reply to the original poster. So everything will be handled!
    BTW, If I wanted to reply publicly as I almost exclusively do, I am guessing that I should wait until the "lost posts" get back on?

Thanks!
    Barry
    Okeley, dokeley.

4. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hotspring 44: View Post
    Thanks Barry!
    You're most welcome!

Quote BTW, If I wanted to reply publicly as I almost exclusively do, I am guessing that I should wait until the "lost posts" get back on?
    Yes that would be good. They should go up tomorrow (Monday).

5. TopTop #4
    cocreator

And as soon as you have space to breathe again, Wacco Wiz, please let us all know how to pay our annual fees. Can we use PayPal or another online system? If not, please post the check mailing address. If ever there was a time to show our support for Wacco via $, it's now

Thanks for all you do.

Blessings,
    Amara

Hi Everybody,

I'm sorry for the recent website outage. A "now former" programmer decided to update the site without clearance from me and without making a backup. The software was not quite ready for prime-time, but since the most recent backup we had was a day and a half old, I first tried to fix the outstanding problems rather than revert to the backup. Alas, we were not successful so I put up the backup.

We do have a copy of the database from the point that the system went down, so nothing is completely lost. However that database can not be used with the version of the system that we are running now. So we will be putting up the posts that are not contained on the backup that we are using. My assistant, Alexia, will be putting up the posts under her account. If anybody replies privately to any of those posts she will forward the reply to the original poster. So everything will be handled!

We have a bunch of updates that are coming soon (but not until they are ready!). The website will get a new editor. Among other things it will support a stretchable posting window for everybody and WYSIWYG editing for Safari users. It will also have a better mobile (iPhone/iPad) interface. The Digest is going to get a styling update and the Business Directory is finally going to launch (really! )

Thanks!
    Barry

6. TopTop #5

Hi Barry,

I'm glad you're back.

I was having withdrawal symptoms such as watching the video of the angry man yelling WHY WHY WHY ARE YOU CLOSED???, while banging on the doors of the mall. And then watching it over and over again. It was perfect.

Then I watched the subsequent videos of girls fighting. So many of them I am embarrassed to say. ;-)

Then I went outside and played ;-)

Liz

7. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: