Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    nlpPati

Question About Car Alarms

Does anyone have information about the effectiveness of car alarms? Do the car thieves have the electronic thingies that turn them off? They have the bar thingies that open the car so do they also have the beeping thingie that turns off the alarm?
    There have been incidents in my neighborhood of parts being stolen from under the hood, and I have a nice stereo system (but I can take off the face plate as a security measure.) I'm not so worried about the car getting stolen, but more of having my car tampered with under the hood. My car is parked close to me so I would know right away if anyone had set off the alarm. I think I know who is doing this so I would know for sure by looking out the window if the alarm went off.
    If this is not a good solution, is there any way to lock the hood? Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!!
    Pati
    [email protected]
    :pengy: :pengy: :pengy:
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    ThePhiant

Re: Question About Car Alarms

if you know who is doing it and you are really worried, you can either move or call the police

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nlpPati:
    Does anyone have information about the effectiveness of car alarms? {snip}
    I think I know who is doing this so I would know for sure by looking out the window if the alarm went off. {snip}
    Last edited by Barry; 05-14-2006 at 10:36 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email