The Elders Salon is very excited to make this announcement!

Connie Mahoney, originator of the Earth Elders group, and the Elders Salon have now merged. Connie has done a fabulous job of guiding the Earth Elders group for the past many years and now we see the value of combining forces until the aegis of Transition Sebastopol.

We hope to see many of you at functions originating from both groups. Connie's email announcement below gives background information and information about events such as the Earth Elders Film & Discussion free event, usually 3rd Monday afternoon at Two Acre Wood Cohousing. I say "usually" because Connie tells me that the March movie will NOT be shown.

This is a wonderful BIRTHDAY PRESENT for the Elders Salon, as we are hitting our one-year mark this March with the 3/24/11 Salon (6:30-8:30 at Sequoia Village Cohousing). Another announcement/reminder will be sent out with more details approximately 3/21.

The blog address that Connie mentions below is .

-Alexandra Hart and Lucky (David) Goff

The Times they are a Changing! Earth Elders and The Elder Salon are joining ranks. Yes, change is happening in the elder scene and I think it is great

Here’s some background information about the two groups:

Earth Elders, was founded in 1998 in Sonoma County to honor aging, elders and Earth. Our (newly-updated) web site is:
www.earthelders.org.

Earth Elders
currently hosts a film and discussion event of special interest to elders on the 3rd Monday afternoon each month beginning at 2:30 pm at the Community Room at Two Acre Woods Co-Housing, 700 Robinson Road, Sebastopol. Everyone is invited; everyone is encouraged to suggest DVDs. Guests are welcome; it’s free. Contact Jim Stoops: 824-0919, [email protected]; Judy Wismer: 824-1716, [email protected]; or Lela Smith: 829-8971, [email protected].

Earth Elders
is committed to honoring Earth. From 1999 – 2008 we sponsored an Earth Day Celebration for the City of Sebastopol. The City now sponsors that event and we participate by hosting “The Universe Story/Walk.” A sub-group of Earth Elders meet regularly to develop ways to host Universe Story events and promote a permanent outdoor Walk exhibit depicting the 14 billion year Universe history. Contact Birgit Carstensen: 887-8999, [email protected] or Lela. Sebastopol’s 2011 Earth Day is is scheduled for Saturday, April 30. Contact Birgit or Lela to help.

Organizing about a year ago under the umbrella of
Transition Sebastopol, The Elder Salon is a Wisdom Council or self-selected discussion group formed to give elders a voice, to discover what is important to us at this stage of development in these new times, and how we can serve one another, our community, and our environment. We also explore our inner lives and how to apply this garnered wisdom to issues in our community. Contact Alexandra: 827-3781, [email protected]; or Lucky: 291-0438, [email protected].

The Elder Salon
meets the 4th Thursday of each month from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at Sequoia Village Co-Housing on Covey Lane in Sebastopol. Every Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm, The Elder Salon invites elders to “show up” at CoffeeCatz in Sebastopol for open conversation. The group also has a blog.

Yes, change is happening in the elder scene and I think it is exciting. As Hopi Elder says,
We are all connected. I’m thrilled to see Earth Elders and Elder Salon take these steps to connect more fully.

I send you love and blessings for wisdom, compassion and long life.

Connie Mahoney, founder, Earth Elders March 11, 2011