Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Dutchpainter

Non-Anesthetic teeth cleaning for dogs, wow!

Just had my dog's teeth cleaned on Friday (11/05), at my home and want to share this because:

-This was so much less stress full for my dog (than going with anesthesia at the vet)
    -Anesthetic is a toxic substance which in some cases is not necessary
    -It costs $95.00 (way less than at the vet)

The whole thing took an hour and was a very positive experience, considering that my dog is high strung and wary of strangers, and I am happy to share that (good for dogs, good for people). Dawn Leiske at Waggin Smiles did the work; clean, creative, efficient. Her phone number: 707-637-0841. If you want to ask me more about this, please call 707-385-1701. Please do mention to Dawn that I referred you, thanks, Ditte.
    (not every dog is suitable, she'll let you know)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barbara

Re: Non-Anesthetic teeth cleaning for dogs, wow!

I am very interested in learning more about this. As I recall, a few years ago there were numerous franchise canine teeth cleaning businesses around the state. Then the American Veterinarian Society stepped in and closed them all down stating it was dangerous to a dog's health to have teeth cleaned without a veterinarian on site, without anesthesia, infection concerns, etc.

So, is this a legal operation? Is Dawn a veterinarian or veterinarian's assistant?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email