Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Oil expert: BP is lying about everything, nuking oil gusher only option

And before anyone gets hysterical, I'm not taking a position on whether or not they should use a nuke, but he's saying some very important things about BP's coverup that we all need to hear.

He explains why relief wells will not work and claims that the Thomas Jefferson, the largest scientific research vessel in the world, just last week found that up to 40% of the seabed in the Gulf is now covered in a lake of oil 300 to 400 meters deep.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Oil expert: BP is lying about everything, nuking oil gusher only option

I've been talking with friends of mine about this and when the nuke option was going to come to the table.

Sadly this is becoming the rising star of a solution to the disaster that has unfolded in the gulf.

The irony that a Soviet solution of the 1970's something that sounds like a bad plot line to a TV action series of the same era, will most likely become a reality in capping the leak and stopping the oil. Can it be done safely, well history shows it can, the environmental legacy we are leaving the future generations of this nation is beginning to have a very clear watermark placed on the front cover of this novel, our hubris and consumption based economy lead to our nation solving a disaster by utilizing a nuke off our domestic coast line, something we hold as a lasting threat of last resort to our enemies will come back to our homeland as a environmental savior of the gulf....

[sigh]
    [B][FONT=Palatino Linotype]~The FireGoddess[/FONT][/B]~[URL="http://firegoddess.artfire.com/"] http://firegoddess.artfire.com[/URL]

3. TopTop #3
    Hotspring 44

Re: Oil expert: BP is lying about everything, nuking oil gusher only option

Different circumstance here; Deeper water, oil and gas mixed under extremely high pressure, most likely different geology.

The geology here may be an advantage if nuking at a very deep level under the sea floor alongside of the well hole. But fissures could cause higher flow than there is now.

Oh, (BTW) don't oil companies always (Lie about, and) low-ball the damage, severity, and destruction they cause?... ...And get away with it?

Also about:
    "but he's saying some very important things about BP's coverup that we all need to hear."...
    ... (that) he claims there is no well casing in the bore-hole is, what I am thinking is the most relevant thing that sudgests that B.P. and the ecosystem is in for allot more trouble than we are lead to believe.

4. TopTop #4
    Hotspring 44

Re: Oil expert: BP is lying about everything, nuking oil gusher only option

Note another thread I posted on recently related to this subject. It has some interesting links in it. https://www.waccobb.net/forums/wacco...tml#post116501