Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

Thread: Why I Ride
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    CowGal

Why I Ride

My noble steed paws restlessly at the ground and threatens to rear lest I relax the reins
    I urge him forward and he carries me over the bramble with little regard for rocks and ruts
    I tense and hold the reins tighter, gripping his flanks with my calves, urging him faster still
    Over the field and under the branches we fly and I feel nothing but air underneath us
    A stone wall suddenly comes into view and my heart races, will he make it over the yard-high obstacle? I brace myself for a fall.
    Over the wall, easily and effortlessly he carries us both
    As we reach our destination he slows to a trot and saunters in to the camp, and were home.
    A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.
    Winston Churchill
    Last edited by CowGal; 06-05-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: html
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Icssoma

Re: Why I Ride

my favorite churchill quote re:equines "an hour with a horse is never wasted" (spot on winston!).

Quote CowGal wrote: View Post
    My noble steed paws restlessly at the ground and threatens to rear lest I relax the reins
    I urge him forward and he carries me over the bramble with little regard for rocks and ruts
    I tense and hold the reins tighter, gripping his flanks with my calves, urging him faster still
    Over the field and under the branches we fly and I feel nothing but air underneath us
    A stone wall suddenly comes into view and my heart races, will he make it over the yard-high obstacle? I brace myself for a fall.
    Over the wall, easily and effortlessly he carries us both
    As we reach our destination he slows to a trot and saunters in to the camp, and were home.
    A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.
    Winston Churchill
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email