SOULFUL COMMUNICATION
~ THE ART OF CREATING CONNECTION ~
transform your life and your relationships with a new way of being together
May I offer you a gift? I'm happy to give you a full scholarship to a potentially life-changing workshop. (I normally charge 60 bucks for an event like this.)

San Rafael

Don't you want richer relationships, deeper friendships, more love, intimacy, and conscious community in your life? Don't we all? That's why I spend my life learning the subtle art of creating connection, and teaching it to others. I love helping others create more love in their lives, and I'd love to share this art with you.

Like most of us, I've suffered from both of the major forms
of disconnection: loneliness and relationship conflict.

I've felt alone, pining for love and friendship. Other times, I've been smack dab in the middle of relationship hell, saying: "get me outta here!" Ironically, some of my loneliest times were right in the bosom of my family, friendships, or love relationship. Can ya feel me?

I had to learn the hard way that the common element in all these situations was me,
and that I would have to change. So I did. Two years living in a Zen center; countless intensive, 10-day silent meditation retreats; a Master's in psych & post-grad professional trainings; dreamwork, therapy, workshops; apprenticing with powerful mentors & studying closely with spiritual teachers; and untold hours of time in the trenches of working with the challenges and ecstasy of intimate relationship... Eventually...
I got to really know and love my own insides -- the light and the dark... I learned to openheartedly share myself with others... I began creating deep, soulful connection...

I learned and developed a way of noticing, a way of speaking and listening, an interpersonal artform, with which I began creating beautiful results in my life... I want the same for you. Whether you're new to the practice of conscious communication or even if you're an old hand, I can help you take your skills to the next level:

* Heal family relationships, with full-body forgiveness...

* Let go of shame, fear, attachment to approval...

* Openheartedly share yourself and support others to do so...

* Be completely and compassionately honest...

* Go beyond blame & use conflict creatively...

* Ask for everything you really want -- expand your ability to give & receive...

* Create deeper love, connection & intimacy.
I've had the honor and great good fortune of teaching this work all over the country, and of changing thousands of lives. I do private sessions, weekend workshops, and residential retreats of a week or more in gorgeous places like Hawaii (oh, yeah!)... but I want to use it to build community... so recently, to share this Soulful Communication work with more Bay Areans, I've developed an evening workshop I call Beyond Hiding & Fighting.

I'm leading it around the Bay, in the beautiful homes of friends who are excited about this work and want to help get it out there... I'm eager to share this path with you -- it's my passion. And since I really want to encourage you to join us...

I'm offering this workshop as a gift. I can't possibly teach you the whole art of Soulful Communication in an evening, but I will give you powerful, life-transforming tools & ideas.

In this experiential workshop, you'll learn:

* How & why we hide from each other, thus blocking the connection we crave.

* How we get lost in our minds, thus losing touch with reality and with each other.

* The main cause of all unproductive conflict, and how to solve it.

I'll be teaching some, and you'll be practicing exercises in Soulful Communication... with each other... in real time..

Cost: None. Offered to you as a gift. Donations gladly accepted.
Contact: Lance for logistics, 510-220-4884 or [email protected]
Or, about content, Taber: 510-655-5000 or [email protected]
Save the Date: Day-long workshop on June 5th

So consider yourself officially invited to join us! I hope you feel called...
This journey of life and learning to love is a grand adventure, is it not?
Sometimes a little daunting, sometimes a little lonesome...
Will you allow me to lend you a hand?
Hoping to meet you soon...

Warmly,
Taber

"Taber's a brilliant facilitator. Working with him has enriched & deepened the love in all of my relationships. He's been a guiding light through the shadow side."
- Josh Brockmann, Sales & Marketing, Financial Circles

Taber Shadburne helps people get to really know and love their own insides -- the light and the dark -- and to openheartedly share themselves with others, creating deep, soulful connection... He facilitates bringing compassionate awareness to all the messy, juicy stuff of life -- emotions, relationships, communication, conflict, love & intimacy -- and he's been teaching, counseling, leading workshops, and performing as a singer-songwriter since 1990. His work integrates Buddhism, comparative mysticism, psychology, and conscious communication (he's studied and practiced these disciplines since the early 80's). He lived in a Zen center for 2 years, has an B.A. in music & M.A. in counseling psychology, and is an author (The Heart of Healing: Inspired Ideas, Wisdom and Comfort from Today's Leading Voices). He's completed training as a Community-Building facilitator by M. Scott Peck's F.C.E., certification as a Radical Honesty Master Trainer, and many other trainings. He's the founder of the Church of Soul, a progressive spiritual community center for transformation, celebration & service (in Oakland), and is currently working on another book and his second CD of music.

"I have experienced many excellent workshop leaders, and Taber is among the best. I loved how clearly he explained and demonstrated deep spiritual and psychological principles in his teaching."
- Susan Campbell, Ph.D. psychologist, speaker, workshop leader, author of Getting Real, The Couples Journey and other titles

"In a world of carefully manicured spiritual teachers, Taber is refreshingly real and human. He brings a depth of presence to each moment, standing with others in their vulnerability, beckoning us to embrace still more of our being. I have seen him ride the waves of fierce storms without shrinking. He has touched me in my most vulnerable places and helped mediate relationship challenges. His empath radar dissolves the illusions in which we wrap ourselves, thus enabling him to lead groups into much more intimate zones. I am grateful to have Taber as a friend and a comrade in the quest for authentic realization. I wholeheartedly recommend working with him"
- Stephen Dinan, author of Radical Spirit: Spiritual Writings from the Voices of Tomorrow

" Taber is uniquely gifted . He has an honest, and compassionate way of communicating--with friends, clients, and workshop participants alike. Words can't express how strongly I recommend his work. Because he has spent decades cultivating a compassionate understanding of himself and other people, he brings to any interaction an almost uncanny ability to read minds, hearts, feelings--and to support people in expressing themselves authentically, clearing all kinds of misunderstanding. People discover their own hidden treasures of warmth, passion, and forgiveness; all this while speaking vulnerably and openly himself. To connect with Taber is to experience yourself more fully and deeply. I think he's one of the best therapist-communication guru-shaman-types on this planet."
- Grace Llewellyn, author of the Teenage Liberation Handbook, and Guerilla Learning, and Director of Not Back to School Camp.

" Taber skillfully guided even the most resistant among us to a place of openness and healing...Most of all I was left with a strong conviction that I don't have to keep on waiting for my life to turn out one way or another...that it's wonderful the way it is right NOW."
- Joe Tavormina, Director of Real Estate with Prandium Inc

" Taber's teaching style reminds me of a nature guide. He comfortably walks you along unmapped paths through new territory and encourages you to explore. He gives you room, yet brings all his wisdom and sincerity to bear. He really wants to know his participants, and there always seem to be after-workshop conversations which create a wonderful community among the participants themselves."
- Danielle LaVigna, Associate Director, Next Generation (youth empowerment organization).

Taber Shadburne * Church of Soul * 510-655-5000 * [email protected]