Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Two cats, possibly dumped

Two cats appeared on my property, one last fall, the other one two or three months ago. They seem not to have homes but they don't look feral, so I think they may have been abandoned. But perhaps they are simply lost.

One is an orange tabby with fairly long hair. This one has a very loud voice that he uses all night and much of the day. He sneaks into the house if I leave the door open and he intimidates my cats.

The other one is a large black and white cat with short hair and a mustache. He appears to have injured a back leg.

He, too, has a pretty loud voice. He and the orange cat fight a lot.

From their behavior, I think both are male but I could easily be wrong.

Anyway, if one of these sounds like it could be yours, respond here or by email. I am trying to get photos but they are hard to capture.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Two cats, possibly dumped

Hi,
    I'd like to recommend that you contact the animal shelter or Forgotten Felines in your area. Many times, owners of lost pets notify the shelters.

They can assist with capturing the cats. It must be stressful for you and your cats.

The shelter can give them a chance to be reunited or adopted.

Thanks,
    Shandi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by oliviathunderkitty: View Post
    Two cats appeared on my property, one last fall, the other one two or three months ago. They seem not to have homes but they don't look feral, so I think they may have been abandoned. But perhaps they are simply lost.

One is an orange tabby with fairly long hair. This one has a very loud voice that he uses all night and much of the day. He sneaks into the house if I leave the door open and he intimidates my cats.

The other one is a large black and white cat with short hair and a mustache. He appears to have injured a back leg.

Anyway, if one of these sounds like it could be yours, respond here or by email. I am trying to get photos but they are hard to capture.

3. TopTop #3
    arthunter

Re: Two cats, possibly dumped

Hello,

Could you please contact me about the orange tabby that you found on your property? I had one stolen and possibly dumped over a year ago. My email address is [email protected] and my phone number is 827-3616.

Animal control might help you to catch the poor things but if they're at all feral in behavior they might euthanize them. You might try snapping a photo of the cats and posting on Craigslist. You can also post on Stray Pet Network, a local group that I started to deal with such problems ..

StrayPetNetwork : Sonoma County Stray Pet Network

There's a photo of my missing cat on the home page of this group.

I have rescued a lot of cats while looking for my own cat and I'll be happy to help you to catch these cats if that's what you want to do. If not feral then they would be better off in a shelter where they will have care and protection. In the meantime, please feed them and provide clean water. Feed them in the morning to discourage predators. You can buy bags of kibble at Whole Foods for $2.50.

Thanks for caring,
    Rosanne

Quote Posted in reply to the post by oliviathunderkitty: View Post