Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

The Fall of the American Republic

Well produced and riveting film. While I don't agree with some of the points made, on the whole it's a stunningly good presentation. Give it 10 minutes and see if you don't agree.

YouTube - Fall of the Republic HQ full length version
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    LenInSebastopol

Re: The Fall of the American Republic

The spread of the net thrown captures every pissed off, or even mildly perturbed, side in America. After fifteen minutes I still wonder "to what end", besides "revolution".
    The tone is that of a downer, overall. Glenn Beck calls for the same crap, but it doesn't seem so negative. What's up with the crazies?

3. TopTop #3

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Clancy: View Post
    Well produced and riveting film. While I don't agree with some of the points made, on the whole it's a stunningly good presentation. Give it 10 minutes and see if you don't agree.

YouTube - Fall of the Republic HQ full length version
    Hey Clancy,

If you like the Alex Jones movie, I'd bet you love Zeitgeist Addendum. Personally, its much more my style, even though Alex makes some very good points in his film. But I think Peter Joseph (the film maker) is much smarter, way more thought provoking, and revolutionary in his ideas. And unlike Alex Jones, Peter has a real solution to our societies root problems. Best of all, Peter doesn't use the same fear mongering tactics that Alex Jones uses while simultaneously accusing the status quo of doing the same thing.

Also Clancy, after viewing The Fall of The Republic, is your position on man made global warming still the same? What about the carbon tax?

This is part 1 of 13

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

4. TopTop #4

Quote Posted in reply to the post by LenInSebastopol: View Post
    The spread of the net thrown captures every pissed off, or even mildly perturbed, side in America. After fifteen minutes I still wonder "to what end", besides "revolution".
    The tone is that of a downer, overall. Glenn Beck calls for the same crap, but it doesn't seem so negative. What's up with the crazies?
    'Crazies' are people who dismiss factual, irrefutable current events and recent history just because it's a 'downer'. What's up with that?

Shall we continue to throw trillions of dollars at the banksters and just hope they'll spontaneously become benevolent? Most Americans don't have a clue what's just happened. If you don't want to be educated, or even debate civilly, that's your choice, but stop the cheap, snarky shots please.

5. TopTop #5

The overwhelming scientific evidence and consensus is that the current global warming is manmade. As for the carbon tax, it's obviously ripe for misuse and underhanded finagling by the most powerful.

And thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out. I found Zeitgeist Addendum in it's entirety here;
    https://www.documentarywire.com/zeitgeist-addendum

Quote Posted in reply to the post by someguy: View Post
    Hey Clancy,

If you like the Alex Jones movie, I'd bet you love Zeitgeist Addendum. Personally, its much more my style, even though Alex makes some very good points in his film. But I think Peter Joseph (the film maker) is much smarter, way more thought provoking, and revolutionary in his ideas. And unlike Alex Jones, Peter has a real solution to our societies root problems. Best of all, Peter doesn't use the same fear mongering tactics that Alex Jones uses while simultaneously accusing the status quo of doing the same thing.

Also Clancy, after viewing The Fall of The Republic, is your position on man made global warming still the same? What about the carbon tax?

This is part 1 of 13

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

6. TopTop #6
    LenInSebastopol

'Crazies' are people who dismiss factual, irrefutable current events and recent history just because it's a 'downer'. What's up with that?
    Crazies do not necessarily dismiss factual, irrefutable, events current or not, they just connect them in a way that defies or negates sound reasoning and judgment. One may consider global warming as factual, or not, but the "we QUICKLY must ACT NOW" approach is crazy due to the scope of the issue and the political agenda driving such. That approach may be characterized as childish, as in, "I WANT IT NOW" screaming in the public square. For me, that is crazy, to ask a country to move quickly on a massive issue, especially when there is disagreement on basic "facts" and their application and meaning.
    What's up with the downer issue is that I've listened both to this output and the Glenn Beck scree and have judged that his, though fearful in tactics and presentation as well, is not as "doomed" as this film portrays. Or at least in the 20 minutes I lost the will to live as I watched! Downer seems to fit for me. Hopefully it was uplifting for you. Should I finish the film? as time is precious.

Shall we continue to throw trillions of dollars at the banksters and just hope they'll spontaneously become benevolent? Most Americans don't have a clue what's just happened. If you don't want to be educated, or even debate civilly, that's your choice, but stop the cheap, snarky shots please.
    No, we should spend very little on bankers; maybe just room and board for 25 to life and the weight pile on the Big Yard with Brother Bubba, MotorHans, and Paulito as roomies.
    Your position as "most Americans don't have a clue" is more than I can handle. As most Americans we are characterized as stupid, sheep, witless, clueless, and that is rather judgmental, no? Especially from those that preach "democracy". You can consider your self justified in your statement due to the fact that, as Most Americans, I do not understand Credit Default Swaps and Derivatives. And for not having a clue as to what happened, do you mean locally, globally, only as you see it, or how it really is? And at what juncture does one wish to view what we don't know? As for being educated on the issue, I am ready to learn, not agree, but am open, and if you want to us to be educated, good but be advised that does not mean "until we see it YOUR way". Often found such with the posturing and screaming drowning out the message.

7. TopTop #7

You equate the top climatologists from over 100 countries consensus that we must act immediately or face dire consequences with childish screaming in a public square? Thanks for sharing anyway.

Crazies do not necessarily dismiss factual, irrefutable, events current or not, they just connect them in a way that defies or negates sound reasoning and judgment. One may consider global warming as factual, or not, but the "we QUICKLY must ACT NOW" approach is crazy due to the scope of the issue and the political agenda driving such. That approach may be characterized as childish, as in, "I WANT IT NOW" screaming in the public square. For me, that is crazy, to ask a country to move quickly on a massive issue, especially when there is disagreement on basic "facts" and their application and meaning.
    What's up with the downer issue is that I've listened both to this output and the Glenn Beck scree and have judged that his, though fearful in tactics and presentation as well, is not as "doomed" as this film portrays. Or at least in the 20 minutes I lost the will to live as I watched! Downer seems to fit for me. Hopefully it was uplifting for you. Should I finish the film? as time is precious.

No, we should spend very little on bankers; maybe just room and board for 25 to life and the weight pile on the Big Yard with Brother Bubba, MotorHans, and Paulito as roomies.
    Your position as "most Americans don't have a clue" is more than I can handle. As most Americans we are characterized as stupid, sheep, witless, clueless, and that is rather judgmental, no? Especially from those that preach "democracy". You can consider your self justified in your statement due to the fact that, as Most Americans, I do not understand Credit Default Swaps and Derivatives. And for not having a clue as to what happened, do you mean locally, globally, only as you see it, or how it really is? And at what juncture does one wish to view what we don't know? As for being educated on the issue, I am ready to learn, not agree, but am open, and if you want to us to be educated, good but be advised that does not mean "until we see it YOUR way". Often found such with the posturing and screaming drowning out the message.

8. TopTop #8
    Yip

What are you doing personally to stand up against this?
    Does it really matter who controls the money?

9. TopTop #9

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Yip: View Post
    What are you doing personally to stand up against this?
    If you don't think it matters who controls the money, feel free to deposit your life savings in my paypal account.

Many economists now say it's more likely than not that we will experience hyper-inflation in the next few years, as all our creditors are now dumping dollars as fast as they responsibly can. They don't want us to fail for obvious reasons, but they don't want to lose their money either.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation

If you have any interest in understanding the financial precipice we're teetering on (and why it matters who controls the money), check this out;
    Zeitgeist: Addendum

Then again, simply enjoying your life as best you can now is certainly a valid choice, as bad as it is for so many now, these are truly the good ole days.

10. TopTop #10
    LenInSebastopol

Tired though I was I watched more of that movie AMAZED at what was being said! I wonder if Barry is monitoring this site! The right wing fanatics were saying the same thing in the 60's 70's and 80's. I could not believe what I was hearing from them REFERRED to by this Progressive web presence. I got up the floor, threw up, and went to bed. OK, some of that was figurative writing, but this film is all over the map trying to fuse the MOST right wing crap to the current trend of the Progressive I've ever heard. I know I've been out of it for a while busy living my life, but it is nothing short of astounding!
    Whatever is happening politically, Tea Potty, Sara, Massachusetts Republicans, Obama's move to the center, whatever you want to call it: there are troubled waters politically and folks are more than trying to make a dime from it. I stand amazed. Strange bedfellows everywhere. Glad I lived this long. Ambivalent about living longer.

11. TopTop #11

Your posts never seem to actually address the subject in question. I have to wonder if you really have any idea what you're raving about.

The greatest debt in world history is destroying this nation, it's been incurred by the corporate masters of both parties, the right and left paradigm no longer apply. We have two faces of one corporate party, and the most sophisticated propaganda ever seen.

Since my posts seem to disturb you so much, I suggest you skip them and read something less stressful. It's a great big internet, why not find something you enjoy instead?

Tired though I was I watched more of that movie AMAZED at what was being said! I wonder if Barry is monitoring this site! The right wing fanatics were saying the same thing in the 60's 70's and 80's. I could not believe what I was hearing from them REFERRED to by this Progressive web presence. I got up the floor, threw up, and went to bed. OK, some of that was figurative writing, but this film is all over the map trying to fuse the MOST right wing crap to the current trend of the Progressive I've ever heard. I know I've been out of it for a while busy living my life, but it is nothing short of astounding!
    Whatever is happening politically, Tea Potty, Sara, Massachusetts Republicans, Obama's move to the center, whatever you want to call it: there are troubled waters politically and folks are more than trying to make a dime from it. I stand amazed. Strange bedfellows everywhere. Glad I lived this long. Ambivalent about living longer.

12. TopTop #12

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Yip: View Post
    "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws." -Mayer Amschel Rothschild.

13. TopTop #13
    Yip

If you don't think it matters who controls the money, feel free to deposit your life savings in my paypal account.
    What I hear you're saying is that money matters to you.
    You seem 'invested' in money and getting as much as possible.
    If you feel money is the main source to measure happiness in life, I can see why you think these are the good old days.

14. TopTop #14
    Yip

I remember those doomsday-sayers from Y2K

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws." -Mayer Amschel Rothschild.

15. TopTop #15
    LenInSebastopol

S.G., all that says is that Rothschild was greedy, loved money, and knew what talked and what walked.
    Nothing new, just succinct.

16. TopTop #16
    LenInSebastopol

Your posts never seem to actually address the subject in question. I have to wonder if you really have any idea what you're raving about.
    Well, I too wonder about what others are going on about; as if.....So, there is an issue in question that I may "answer" or have an "opinion" about? I am not that bright, as you have surmised, and stand amused that an idiot such as I can have you wondering. You post a two hour film and want a bumper sticker response? Well, this is it!

The greatest debt in world history is destroying this nation, it's been incurred by the corporate masters of both parties, the right and left paradigm no longer apply. We have two faces of one corporate party, and the most sophisticated propaganda ever seen.
    Well, you may have a point there as well. From that movie it is clear, as my previous post attempted poorly to indicate, there are no "right or left" models, since that one took both and synthesized it all to well. Histrionic approaches or responses do not make for sound & clear judgment.

Since my posts seem to disturb you so much, I suggest you skip them and read something less stressful. It's a great big internet, why not find something you enjoy instead?
    Excuse me? I didn't know you could read my stress level! However I do like the expression, "think globally" so I am acting locally. The truth is, your posts are less stressful. So keep on keeping on.