Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

Contribute to Haiti while helping yourself & your computer!

from a delightful young man who contacted me about Haiti relief - Judith

Remote PC Repair and Maintenance For Haiti

I am offering remote PC Repair and Maintenance on a sliding scale where you will cut a check and mail it directly to the charity we end up choosing. I am leery of the mainstream charities as one can only speculate how much is actually getting to Haiti. There are said to be 3 out of 9 million people effected by the quake which is staggering to say the least. If I had a personal jet and a ton of money I would be there now doing all I could but instead I have joined a group of students in New York who are also doing all they can to help.

I have been working with computers most of my life which led to working professionally in the field for about 3 years. I have Yelp reviews and references if you require them. www.yelp.com/biz/roberts-pc-repair-san-francisco

LogMeIn is a free online service which enables PC Technicians to easily remote in to any PC in the world to do their magic, all while you comfortably watch me from your cozy office chair. Is your machine not performing as fast as it used to? Do you have or do you suspect that you have a Virus or Malware? Are you wondering how to accomplish a certain task but have not been able to figure it out on your own? Robert can help with these problems and any other possible issue you have with your Windows based desktop or laptop.

If your machine just needs maintenance we will first take a quick inventory of what processes are starting up and eliminate any that are not necessary. From there we will mosey on to the installed applications and see if there are any unused that might be hindering performance. Up next we will disable non essential Windows Services such as the incredibly useful Error Reporting Service. Lastly and my favorite we will run a combination of three registry cleaners which really put the icing on the cake. Remember that snappy feel Windows used to have when you first bought it? More often than not when we are done with these four simple steps your machine will run exponentially faster and you will rejoice to not having to pay over $100 dollars to the G33k squad or worse yet over $300 for a new machine!

If you have malware of any sort I will attempt to determine what "strain" of infection you have and scour the web for any known fixes before running anti-malware software. These cases take much longer than general maintenance however rest assured - I have the vaccine!!

Maybe you just want me to show you how to burn music or even download music. Or maybe you want me to lock your machine down so your kids don't induce a trip to the F1re Squad. :-)

Lastly as added value I will leave any tools used installed on your system so, if you pay attention, you can play doctor next time!

Any donation is accepted as I understand for many of us times are rough financially. $5, $10, $50, $500 - all valid donations! I am not requiring that you show me proof of your donation however it would be great for me to keep record of how much I personally raised.

Looking forward to your call for help. :-)

Peace and Love,
    Robert B.

E-mail is the best method of contact. I am also listing my online voice-mail number which forwards voice mails to my e-mail.
    HelpHaitiNow *ATSYMBOL* evo-lution.net ( Replace ATSYMBOL with the actual @ and no spaces just like a normal e-mail address, preventative spam measure )
    One - Four one five - Nine nine two - Seventy Eight Sixty

P.s. - If you would like to join our group and help raise money for Haiti please feel free to reach out as we would Love to hear from you as would the wonderful inhabitants of the Haiti region. Anything helps from selling baked goods to washing cars to dusting the cobwebs for a family in need. Get creative!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Ben Zolno

Re: Contribute to Haiti while helping yourself & your computer!

Help Haiti by getting your PC Fixed (or cleaned up)! Help Haiti by getting your PC Fixed (or cleaned up)!

3. TopTop #3
    Ben Zolno

Re: Contribute to Haiti while helping yourself & your computer!

Thanks very much for passing that on! I amplified it on Amplify.com, and posted it in the previous reply.

Feel free, folks, to just use that URL so people can find this person who wants to help.