Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Thad

We have eaten the oyster and swallowed the pearl

We have eaten the oyster and swallowed the pearl

and must now sort through our waste to recover it.

The pearl is the thing that will make tomorrow better, not the day after, or after a full review.

If things are to be better then the foundation that will last is how whats closest to here that needs it the most shows that example of a new care...

A new wind

the return of something lost for a long time.

There is a habit to break.

We glut on words and it is so easy to defer action while debating the nuances of a position.

How righteous it seems to propound the intricacies of our intuitions

In a mechanical universe there is no debate in which thread fits on what bolt.

The only question is what is wanted to be built.

What kind of world do we want.

and when do we want it

Do we have a design?

Is there a plan?

Or is all the words being spoken simply to prop up a crumbling structure.

We imagine fixing the world but can't conceive of a way to fix our local populace of homeless

and then the ideas that say its their choice, they want to live like that

in spite of the fact of recent foreclosures there are many more

homeless and more coming and they might be you

but then one can wonder also at the picture if you

imagine it in your mind,

all the people renting their houses from all the banks...

The corporations want your money, they will put people into place to get

more of it. So here is the defense

The Pearl is the life lived once when people needed

people more and money less

a time is coming when we will really want to have those people

Proposal

A New Formula

Agency for The Enlightened Response

( A.F.T.E.R )

Last edited by Thad; 01-26-2010 at 08:11 AM. Reason: word
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: We have eaten the oyster and swallowed the pearl

Can you restate this in a less obscure manner? I think you might have something to say, but I'm not really too sure what it is. Especially this sentence: If things are to be better then the foundation that will last is how whats closest to here that needs it the most shows that example of a new care... But with all due respect, I would like clarification on the entire thing.

3. TopTop #3
    Thad

If things are to be better then the foundation that will last is how whats closest to here that needs it the most shows that example of a new care...

Summing into one statement what I see in all the words that people are saying is a general thrum that things are wrong and we must do something, but there is no defined something just this or maybe that but we have to do something. So that doesn't really make anyone excited about hope...

How to act on hope for the world and yet benefit yourself at the same time is the formula

This idea that selfless interest is a noble virtue is bull shit and leads to idiot places that benefit the ones promoting that idea most. The best product of activity comes from that you want to do

any formula dynamic enough to address this very large problem we have will also step by step benefit those applying it.

the forces of change in this picture that would have the longest legs to it are those who stand to gain the most by it.

If you are comfortable and life is not all that bad well this isn't a conversation for you but if something in the world has got something so wrong about it with out it being fixed you will not be comfortable well this is for you

A comprehensive make over has to have a model to follow and the only ones willing enough to try something radical enough to be more than just another patch on a disintegrating garment would be the homeless.

Proposal

A New Formula

( A.F.T.E.R )

Main Entry: enlightened
    Function: adjective
    Date: 1652
    1 : freed from ignorance and misinformation
    2 : based on full comprehension of the problems involved

You either have FEMA style of care or you can have a different kind of care that takes more into account than the body comforts and needs

In the process of Creating Emergency Preparedness you can also be creating functioning units of people who have such low overhead their free time could be seen as currency.

There is something rejuvenating working with fire and iron just picture a spectrum trade school that is not bound to a building and imagine it with flair.

There are more things to be bought than can be purchased with coin.
    when you join a foundry to a campground and have people working in areas of their interest then you have the core of how life should and could be be modeled to repair what the general trend has brought about.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by someguy: View Post
    Can you restate this in a less obscure manner? I think you might have something to say, but I'm not really too sure what it is. Especially this sentence: If things are to be better then the foundation that will last is how whats closest to here that needs it the most shows that example of a new care... But with all due respect, I would like clarification on the entire thing.

4. TopTop #4
    Hotspring 44

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thad: View Post
    Summing into one statement what I see in all the words that people are saying is a general thrum that things are wrong and we must do something, but there is no defined something just this or maybe that but we have to do something. So that doesn't really make anyone excited about hope...

How to act on hope for the world and yet benefit yourself at the same time is the formula

This idea that selfless interest is a noble virtue is bull shit and leads to idiot places that benefit the ones promoting that idea most. The best product of activity comes from that you want to do

any formula dynamic enough to address this very large problem we have will also step by step benefit those applying it.

the forces of change in this picture that would have the longest legs to it are those who stand to gain the most by it.

If you are comfortable and life is not all that bad well this isn't a conversation for you but if something in the world has got something so wrong about it with out it being fixed you will not be comfortable well this is for you

A comprehensive make over has to have a model to follow and the only ones willing enough to try something radical enough to be more than just another patch on a disintegrating garment would be the homeless.
    I think not only the homeless would be willing.
    Some of us; me for example, wold jump at the chance to be more than a camp host; but a real innovative community assistant for qualitative and community based living capital instead of the grotesque Money capitol that seems to have us in a strangle-hold.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thad: View Post
    Proposal
    A New Formula
    ( A.F.T.E.R )

Main Entry: enlightened
    Function: adjective
    Date: 1652
    1 : freed from ignorance and misinformation
    2 : based on full comprehension of the problems involved

You either have FEMA style of care or you can have a different kind of care that takes more into account than the body comforts and needs

In the process of Creating Emergency Preparedness you can also be creating functioning units of people who have such low overhead their free time could be seen as currency.

There is something rejuvenating working with fire and iron just picture a spectrum trade school that is not bound to a building and imagine it with flair.

There are more things to be bought than can be purchased with coin.
    when you join a foundry to a campground and have people working in areas of their interest then you have the core of how life should and could be be modeled to repair what the general trend has brought about.
    Maybe not literally an iron foundry in someplace like Graton I hope, but a "foundry" of sorts of human creativity and innovation for the community to prosper from it's unique existence in time and space.

Where is it? Hook me up! I am ready for one other than the FEMA camp one. No FEMA Camps for me please.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #5
    Thyme

On the subject of needing people more and money less: Once you have gained your freedom from needing people would you really choose to return?

It is possible to choose to minimally need money (homelessness being the most extreme of this, like you said. In New York it is possible to eat for nothing, and to live for very little, depending on how little you ask for.) We can rearrange our relationships to monetary dependencies - but the real fear is the people behind those dependencies. We don't want the monetary dependencies because of the dependencies on people that these imply. Because of this, to seek for smaller communities simply out of a desire for fiscal stability seems somewhat illusory to me.

To me it seems that those who choose a communal life choose to put themselves in danger - despite any amount of love, the people you live with may harm you - and harm you more if you love them. To live in community you have to submit yourself to the vulnerability of needing people.

Of course I have thought about how living closely with others might make our lives more human, less artificial. But I don't think that "safety," monetary or otherwise is particularly an argument in it's favor.

7. TopTop #6
    Thad

Freedom from needing people is called Death.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thyme: View Post
    On the subject of needing people more and money less: Once you have gained your freedom from needing people would you really choose to return?

It is possible to choose to minimally need money (homelessness being the most extreme of this, like you said. In New York it is possible to eat for nothing, and to live for very little, depending on how little you ask for.) We can rearrange our relationships to monetary dependencies - but the real fear is the people behind those dependencies. We don't want the monetary dependencies because of the dependencies on people that these imply. Because of this, to seek for smaller communities simply out of a desire for fiscal stability seems somewhat illusory to me.

To me it seems that those who choose a communal life choose to put themselves in danger - despite any amount of love, the people you live with may harm you - and harm you more if you love them. To live in community you have to submit yourself to the vulnerability of needing people.

Of course I have thought about how living closely with others might make our lives more human, less artificial. But I don't think that "safety," monetary or otherwise is particularly an argument in it's favor.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-02-2010 at 10:30 PM.