Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    kristal

Almost hit in the crosswalk

Greeting fellow Sebastopolians and those who travel through....

There is a crosswalk between the first two stop lights in town -- near Benedetti's.

I was out in that crosswalk yesterday (monday) and had to run back to avoid being hit! An older guy in the middle lane (there are three lanes of traffic) was flying through oblivious to the stopped cars on BOTH sides letting me cross the street. I had to run to avoid being hit!

Be oh So Careful here.

To the older fellow who almost hit me,
    I suggest you slow down a little and take in your surroundings before you kill someone. Life is precious. Yours included.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Almost hit in the crosswalk

My wife works in downtown Sebastopol and has also been "Almost hit in the crosswalk".

She has heard the screeching of tires MANY times and has seen the Ambulance come for a few of the very unlucky who were actually hit.

It is not a very pedestrian friendly town, so BE CAREFUL out there folks!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by kristal: View Post

There is a crosswalk between the first two stop lights in town -- near Benedetti's.

I was out in that crosswalk yesterday (monday) and had to run back to avoid being hit! An older guy in the middle lane (there are three lanes of traffic) was flying through oblivious to the stopped cars on BOTH sides letting me cross the street. I had to run to avoid being hit!

Be oh So Careful here.

I suggest you slow down a little and take in your surroundings before you kill someone. Life is precious. Yours included.

3. TopTop #3
    pkonez

I was hit in the crosswalk at Calder Ave. back in 1995 and was told then that the crosswalk is the least safe place for a pedestrian to be. Better to jaywalk since then you have no false sense of security. Always be sure you have eye contact with drivers headed your way and never proceed beyond a car stopped in one lane until you're sure no car is barreling your way in the next lane. Yup! Sebastopol isn't and hasn't been for a long time a pedestrian friendly town.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tomcat: View Post
    My wife works in downtown Sebastopol and has also been "Almost hit in the crosswalk".

She has heard the screeching of tires MANY times and has seen the Ambulance come for a few of the very unlucky who were actually hit.

4. TopTop #4
    SanCran

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tomcat: View Post

Hi,
    I was actually hit in a crosswalk,crossing Farmer's Lane in Santa Rosa. I'm okay, but it could have been worse. people need to pay attention and slow down. I'm thanking my angels every day.

5. TopTop #5
    Yip

I must confess, that I once almost ran over a pedestrian.
    A car was stopped near the PO for unknown reasons to me.
    As I got closer, in my effort to pass in the other lane, it became clear that a pedestrian was trying to cross.
    There was no way for me to know beforehand that someone was crossing => no crosswalk.
    There was no way to see this person=>view blocked by stopped car.
    I was observing the speed limit=> this is still fast for someone who is walking.
    It's very rare that someone tries to kill another person with a car.
    Please watch for one another, we are all responsible for a safe return home.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by kristal: View Post

Be oh So Careful here.