Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    spirit moves

Spirit Moves in concert, Sat Jan 16th, Open Secret Bookstore, San Rafael

SpiritMoves is an eclectic ensemble of talented musicians that create totally improvised music in the moment. No arrangements, no song charts or set list - just attuning to each other and the audience to translate emotion and Spirit into sound. The group blends acoustic and electric instruments and draws from a variety of influences to create music that ranges from meditative and mystical to upbeat and soaring. In their words, “our vision is to explore artistic freedom and consciousness with music. By forming a resonance with each other and with you, our audience, we create powerful and sacred space for the spontaneous expression of creativity.”

Here are some comments from people after attending a SpiritMoves concert:

“The musicians were so sensitive to one another that at first I didn't realize they were improvising! I am left feeling deeply satisfied and eager to hear them live again!”
    “What a wonderful evening. I felt swept away and at the same time taken deeper into myself – a combination of joyful movement and inner silence.”
    “That was such an amazing concert! There was such a sweet sense of relaxation and deep pleasure, a glorious journey of heart, soul and sound. I looked forward to each new moment of spiritual sound impulse coming to musical play.
    “SpiritMoves truly lives up to it's name. The spirit moved among the musicians, the music moving through our growing presence as an audience. The sacred space introduced and held throughout the concert was just what I needed that night.”
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Hummingbear

Re: Spirit Moves in concert, Sat Jan 16th, Open Secret Bookstore, San Rafael

Do these musicians have names? This kind of improv can be brilliant, or terrible. Some kind of identifiable track history would be encouraging.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by spirit moves: View Post
    SpiritMoves is an eclectic ensemble of talented musicians that create totally improvised music in the moment. No arrangements, no song charts or set list - just attuning to each other and the audience to translate emotion and Spirit into sound. The group blends acoustic and electric instruments and draws from a variety of influences to create music that ranges from meditative and mystical to upbeat and soaring. In their words, “our vision is to explore artistic freedom and consciousness with music. By forming a resonance with each other and with you, our audience, we create powerful and sacred space for the spontaneous expression of creativity.”

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email