Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    cooljode

anyone have extra household items for my godson?

Hello Friends,
    I am helping my godson Chris to rent and move into his first apartment. He is 21 and has had an exceptionally difficult life dealing with homelessness, a drug addicted mother, foster care etc...
    He is in a place where he is ready and wanting to improve his life, go to the JC and continue at his job with the job corp. He is willing and ready to have a mentor (me) to teach him how to manage money, belongings and relationships in a way that will support his success in life. I am glad that he is eager to make a better life for himself.

I am asking if anyone has anything to contribute to help him along his way. I know times are hard but it sure feels good to give. I can attest to that. It reminds me that no matter how much hardship I have experienced, there is always someone that has had it harder.

What I would love to have donated are any household items such as blankets, pillows, ANY kitchen stuff, furniture, a bed or mattress, sheets. He and his girlfriend are starting with next to nothing so things that you may call old or junky would be a help for him. Maybe that stuff waiting for Goodwill? We will come and pick it up. Also, if anyone has any odd jobs, he is available for maybe $12 or so an hour. He can help you move, mow the lawn, do any kind of physical work etc... I am trying to help him start a little business he can do on the side to earn extra money. His girlfriend is wonderful as well. She was in the JC nursing program when she was in an auto accident. On top of it, her seat belt and airbag did not engage in her Honda. She has a job but I'm sure she would be happy to help out with extra things. I trust both of them very much.

If you have any extra energy to give things, jobs or just some loving good energy to them, please let me know. We all would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you and happy holidays!!
    Jody
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    anaturalwoman
    Supporting Member

Re: anyone have extra household items for my godson?

Let me know how it progresses, and if there is still a need for some bedding, I will dig deeper. Is there another email address, or phone contact? Marcia
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email