Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    onthepath

pickup basketball

i am a 50's guy who has recently relocated in sebastopol. i've been a gym rat since i was a kid and i really miss playing basketball a couple of times a week. i am a good sport and i think, generous on the court. can anybody out there direct me to a game? thanks, monty
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    SC Sonoma County

Re: pickup basketball

Dear On The Path,

Let me know if you want to play a little hoop. I am also a middle age guy who started to play again. In the Spring and Summer there are a group of us fellas who play in a baseball "hardball" league.
    SC

3. TopTop #3
    gino-g

Hi Monty,
    It's been way too long since I've made it there, but I do know a good pickup game to point you towards.
    Occidental YMCA - corner of Graton Rd. & Bohemian Hwy.
    Tuesday
    5:30 to ...?
    $2-5 donation
    I started this open gym about 5 years ago, got hurt a while back and haven't been going in the last year, though I intend to sometime soon. I know the rest of the crew are still keeping it going and it's a good group. Mostly twenty-somethings, with a few younger and older to round it out. Some nights/people are more competitive than others, you should check it out.
    Peace, Gino Gaffney

4. TopTop #4
    Praksys

Me Too. 50 + would like to play, but not at 6AM.

Let me know what you find.
    Sebastopol
    D.O.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by onthepath: View Post
    i am a 50's guy who has recently relocated in sebastopol. i've been a gym rat since i was a kid and i really miss playing basketball a couple of times a week. i am a good sport and i think, generous on the court. can anybody out there direct me to a game? thanks, monty

5. TopTop #5
    fyregul

coachs corner gym 420 morris st. has half court hoop,m,w,f,at 430 or 5 pm,2on 2 or 3on 3,mix company,contact me and ill give you the tour of the whole gym...ralph [email protected]

6. TopTop #6
    markwjam

I play at the Airport Club....one advantage: a 60+ foot court instead of 90+...
    however, you have to be a member to play, so I don't know if that appeals to you....let me know if you find any other good games...
    Mark B.
    (707)546-2468

7. TopTop #7
    levitis18

Hi Monty,
    I've been "coordinating" the Occidental Community Center game lately. The games start around 5:30 PM Tuesdays and the cost is $5 (the cost is no longer on a donation basis as we are struggling to keep the community center doors open for these types of programs).

There are also pick up games at 7PM on Wednesday nights at the Sebastopol Community Church. These are also $5 to play.

Hope to see you around.
    Levi

8. TopTop #8
    frozentundra

Are the games at the Community Church still going on?