Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    RW Hill

Filmmaker request.

I would like to introduce myself; I am Russell Hill, an independent filmmaker, among other things, currently living in Portland, Oregon.

One of my up coming film projects has a number of scenes that take place in or near olive groves and grape orchards. The story takes place in the early 1900’s in rural Italy. It is about perceptions and choices.

I will be traveling through your area the last week of October and the first few days of November scouting for olive groves and vineyards with dusty roads.

The only time I request is to meet with you, or your representative and to gain permission to be on your property for a few hours for the purpose of scouting scene locations and shooting test footage. No person or building would be identifiable in any of the footage.

If our interaction were positive and your location suites the needs of the story I would again approach you to discuss using the location in the production of my film.

What I can offer to you at this time is your name in the credit roll and a copy of the finished film. Like so many undertakings, this one too requires the soil to be broken, the rootstock prepared, cultivation and nurturing of the soil, patience and the belief that the process, the journey, is as important as the result.

If you would be willing to accommodate my request but feel that the timing is not the best due to seasonal harvest or other reason, please let me know of a more appropriate time to visit in the future.

My website contains samples of past work and additional background information.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Russell Hill, Producer
    Long Light Productions

Russell Hill
    Long Light Productions
    PO Box 83196
    Portland, OR 97283
    v: 360.301.5438
    f: 503.405.7192
    [email protected]
    HOME
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    GingerStone

Re: Filmmaker request.

Dear Mr. Hill:

In my humble opinion, this is one of THE MOST beautiful times of year to visit the Sonoma/Napa/Marin Counties. The vineyards are absolutely gorgeous, & brilliant w/ leaf-turn. For a great view, try driving down River Road between Guerneville & Santa Rosa...I just hope the leaves wouldn't have fully turned by the time of your arrival & filming.

Many local vintners are very welcoming as most vineyards here offer the standard wine-tasting & tour activities. Would you like me to research & list some local vineyard names & contact info for you (or is that research already covered)? Because this way, you can call ahead of schedule & get the permissions you require...I'm certain you'll get a few, if not many, go-aheads.

I know how time-consuming & challenging a film production can be, being a film grad of SFSU myself, having worked on several student & independent productions. So, the best of luck to you & your production!

Best wishes (& welcome to Wine Country!),
    ~Ginger

3. TopTop #3
    GingerStone

Re: Filmmaker request.

ps: just visited your LMPH website...nice!