Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Drama?
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    NorseViking869

Drama?

I find it amusing that for a conscious community such as ours that there is so much drama. What I mean to say is that I see a lot of beautiful threads written about feelings and meeting new people and such; however, the bulk of the threads that get the most readings are about drama. Recently I have been living a bad soap opera and I do not like it. I lost my lover and my friends, they lost their marriage and I feel like a big loss had occurred. I wrote about this in my betrayal thread I long since deleted. I got the answers I was seeking, and I took the advice, but i noticed that my thread was popular yet i felt it was much too private to share. So I deleted it.

Now much more drama has developed over them and that is no ones business but mine and theirs. However, it makes me sad to think we were all friends and now I do not have them in my life and they may lose each other over this as well.

How do you avoid drama when you are a part of it? Why do we care more to read about others drama than an enlightening and uplifting story or someone reaching out?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    babaruss

Re: Drama?

When people are caught up in emotional 'stuff' it becomes their drama not mine....that alone helps me to avoid getting caught up.
    I have to ask myself if what I am doing/saying/feeling is helpful to remedying the situation or not. And if not then detachment is my way of handling that kind of situation.
    Detachment from emotional turmoil is not as difficult as it may sound.
    I prefer not getting involved in anything which is going to generate into emotional chaos. If I have nothing helpful to offer, then it's best I step away from that situation.

As for your assumption that people care to read more about others drama than something enlightening, or uplifting. This certainly does not describe my interests...not that my life does not periodically have it's own bits of drama to deal with.
    I much prefer (like most sane people I know) to hear about solutions, remedies, (and opportunities to learn new methods) for dealing with what life tosses at us.
    Drama is highly over rated and serves little purpose other than to give needy people attention, and bored people something to meddle in.
    Babaruss

Quote ...How do you avoid drama when you are a part of it? Why do we care more to read about others drama than an enlightening and uplifting story or someone reaching out?

3. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by NorseViking869: View Post
    Why do we care more to read about others drama than an enlightening and uplifting story or someone reaching out?
    Hey, people like other people's "dramas". That's why Hollywood exists! It's interesting and engrossing.

I think people also like to be involved in their own drama's for the same reasons, but often don't admit it to themselves...

4. TopTop #4
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

The general rule in journalism: If it bleeds, it leads.

As far back as Plato (in The Republic, if I remember rightly) our fascination with drama and gore has been documented.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Hey, people like other people's "dramas". That's why Hollywood exists! It's interesting and engrossing.

I think people also like to be involved in their own drama's for the same reasons, but often don't admit it to themselves...