Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    treehugger

american pit bull female 7 months black with flashy white marks

moving to a location where it will not be possible to keep her. shes not spayed but i can arrange it for free plus free chipping IF you WISH ( your option) she is not as yet spayed or chipped but i can have this done for you free in august. but shots are all current incl rabies. asking 75.00 as a goodwill gesture ( rehoming fee) or will consider a barter for something of value. shiny coated healthy friendly dog with great disposition. great with kids and cats. UKC registered but papers will not be included at this price.
    Last edited by treehugger; 07-27-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: lower price
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barbara

Re: american pit bull female 7 months black with flashy white marks

You cannot keep this poor dog, yet you want someone else to be able to breed her? Just another litter of unadoptable dogs. Our local shelters are overflowing with wonderful dogs already. Pits are way down on the list of adoptable dogs. Sorry if I am "being harsh." I am being realistic. If you bought this dog from a reputable breeder, the breeder will take the dog back. If not, well, you have a dog in need of a home and no hope. IF you are fortunate enough to hear from someone wanting to take your dog, I sincerely hope you research the home. There are dog fighting groups within this county you would not believe. Better to be put down gently than torn apart by fighting dogs.

For those of you who want to send me angry emails telling me how "harsh" I am, save your time. I work in animal rescue and don't need to hear excuses. Unless you want to adopt all these dogs/cats/horses that are subjected to over breeding, you can do nothing to change my mind. Put your $ where your mind is. I do.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by treehugger: View Post
    moving to a location where it will not be possible to keep her. shes not spayed but i can arrange it for free plus free chipping if you want to breed her you could do that also. asking 100 . rehoming fee incl. new leash and collar. shiny coated healthy friendly dog with great disposition.

3. TopTop #3
    treehugger

bill shearer your stupid too
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barbara: View Post
    You cannot keep this poor dog, yet you want someone else to be able to breed her? Just another litter of unadoptable dogs. Our local shelters are overflowing with wonderful dogs already. Pits are way down on the list of adoptable dogs. Sorry if I am "being harsh." I am being realistic. If you bought this dog from a reputable breeder, the breeder will take the dog back. If not, well, you have a dog in need of a home and no hope. IF you are fortunate enough to hear from someone wanting to take your dog, I sincerely hope you research the home. There are dog fighting groups within this county you would not believe. Better to be put down gently than torn apart by fighting dogs.

For those of you who want to send me angry emails telling me how "harsh" I am, save your time. I work in animal rescue and don't need to hear excuses. Unless you want to adopt all these dogs/cats/horses that are subjected to over breeding, you can do nothing to change my mind. Put your $ where your mind is. I do.

4. TopTop #4
    treehugger

my dog a pit is totally passive, a lousy watchdog and totally non agressive withcats or other dogs. the dog was abandoned and i took her in as my own. in fact if i dont find an ideal situation for her. ill keep her and go homeless. i hate the notes you sent me

5. TopTop #5
    treehugger

ok yes i want to adopt all the unwanted animals and horses and even the insects that are being neglected or abandoned. i need to find some land acreage so i can post a pets welcome sign on my private property since the rest of the world is trying to exterminate all animal, mineral and vegetative life. dont act like an internet gremlin barbara. first try and find out who you are talking TO! and i am the tree hugger. at least til i get thrown off this site for disagreeing with you,.

6. TopTop #6
    treehugger

and i will rip the heart out of anyone who harms an animal.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by treehugger: View Post
    ok yes i want to adopt all the unwanted animals and horses and even the insects that are being neglected or abandoned. i need to find some land acreage so i can post a pets welcome sign on my private property since the rest of the world is trying to exterminate all animal, mineral and vegetative life. dont act like an internet gremlin barbara. first try and find out who you are talking TO! and i am the tree hugger. at least til i get thrown off this site for disagreeing with you,.

7. TopTop #7
    quirkypixie

Not bashing or judging....just wanted to let you know it is illegal to not have your pit spayed.

8. TopTop #8
    DynamicBalance

Quote Posted in reply to the post by quirkypixie: View Post
    Not bashing or judging....just wanted to let you know it is illegal to not have your pit spayed.
    Could you provide a link to the source of this information? When I looked it up, I found an article about a similar law in Manteca, Ca, but nothing about Sonoma County.

9. TopTop #9
    quirkypixie

This is what the law says (I found it here then click on Sonoma County)

Article XIV. Mandatory Spay and Neutering for All Dogs Running At Large and All Pit Bulls.
    Sec. 5-170. Mandatory spay and neutering for all dogs at large.
    Except as provided in subsections (a)-(g) below, all owners cited for dogs running at large for violation of Section 5-115 shall have their dog spayed and neutered at the owner's expense.

(a) Dogs documented as having been appropriately trained and actually being used by public law enforcement agencies for law enforcement activities, or such dogs designated as breeding stock by an appropriate agency or organization approved by the director after consultation with knowledgeable professionals;

(b) Dogs documented as having been appropriately trained and actually being used as an assistance dog, such as a service dog, guide dog, signal dog, or social dog, or such dogs designated as breeding stock by an appropriate agency or organization approved by the director after consultation with knowledgeable professionals;

(c) Dogs documented as having been appropriately trained and actually being used by search and rescue agencies for search and rescue activities, or such dogs designated as breeding stock by an appropriate agency or organization approved by the director after consultation with knowledgeable professionals;

(d) Dogs certified by a licensed veterinarian as having a health reason for not being spayed/neutered;

(e) Dogs which are appropriately trained and actually being used for herding of other animals, or as livestock guardian dogs, hunting dogs, or such dogs, designated as breeding stock by an appropriate agency or organization approved by the director after consultation with knowledgeable professionals;

(f) Dogs boarded in a licensed kennel or a business, which boards such animals for professional training or resale;

(g) Dogs which are registered with the American Kennel Club, United Kingdom Kennel Club, and/or American Dog Breeders Association Incorporated and trained and kept for the purpose of show, field trials and agility trials.

(Ord. No. 5664 § 1(f), 2006.)

Sec. 5-171. Mandatory spay and neutering of all pit bulls.
    No person shall own, harbor or keep within the unincorporated area of this county, a pit bull over the age of four months, which has not been spayed or neutered, except as provided in Section 5-170 (a)-(g), above.

(Ord. No. 5664 § 1(f), 2006.)

10. TopTop #10
    quirkypixie

Roberta Roberta said "that is incorrect. it is not illegal if your pit is breeding stock. it would be unconstitutional to exterminate an entire breed of animal."

You might want to check your laws......

11. TopTop #11
    DynamicBalance

Quote Posted in reply to the post by quirkypixie: View Post
    This is what the law says (I found it here then click on Sonoma County)
    Thanks for the info!