Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Kathleen Shaffer

Transportation Program/Senior Center

The Area Agency on Aging has some very interesting statistics on their website. In Sonoma County the age group of 60 plus will have increased by 44% from 2000 - 2010. The fastest growing group is 85 plus. Our community must plan and prepare for our growing and "living longer" senior population.

One service for seniors is the Transportation Program offered by the Senior Center. This is door to door service is available Monday through Friday. Reservations are required: 829-2440. Please call if you need help getting to the doctor, the grocery, or ask about your particular needs and see if they can help.

Local authorities are also beginning to work on local transportation systems to ensure we are offering better services for everyone. Our local bus service, # 24, is a lifeline for Sebastopol seniors, and recently we almost lost the first trip of the morning. The residents at Burbank Heights took action and the trip was restored by the SCTA.

Wacco posted a list of businesses offering senior discounts last year. We can add to the list a 40% discount at St. Vincent de Paul.

I am very interested in senior issues, so please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kathleen Shaffer
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Re: Transportation Program/Senior Center

You need to be more specific! The St. Vincent de Paul discounts are ONLY on Monday and Tuesday. And to update part of your older list, the 3rd St. Cinema free movies were only through June.

3. TopTop #3
    FoRseeR

Re: Transportation Program/Senior Center

Katherine

Thank you so much for this valuable information on transportation. Not having a vechicle having this information is huge! I am a 61yr old disabled Woman. And in my opinion Sonoma County needs more programs like this for the disabled and the elderly. More specifically, affordable housing.

Thank you again
    Frances

4. Gratitude expressed by: