The new seahorse exhibit at the Monterey Aquarium is extraordinary-- as is just about everything at the Aquarium. I just saw it last weekend and wanted to let as many people as possible know about it. If you think-- oh, seahorses, how cute--- think again. This is much more than I expected. It is mounted and executed brilliantly. Totally mindboggling. I don't want to give away some of the surprises, but plan to spend some time really watching and looking at each exhibit, don't just zip through--- hints-- some of the smaller seahorses should be watched for at least a few minutes to see what they're doing, don't miss the baby seahorses, and watch the movies too.

The seahorse exhibit will be there for a few years, so you don't have to hurry, but the neat river otter exhibit is leaving soon. Best to go on a weekday, if you can, to avoid the crowds.

If you haven't been to the Monterey Aquariun, or not in a long time, you must go-- this is really one of the things that everyone should do in their lifetime-- it is like one of the seven wonders of the modern world. Plan to spend an entire, full day, or even two, and see everything. Some of the smaller exhibits, that you might miss, are also incredible, like the baby stingrays still in the casing (the mermaids purse), the octopuses, and some of the incredible starfish. Also, the jellyfish.

And, there is now a "behind the scenes" tour that is a lot of fun.

I wish I could have posted this to General Community, but it is not local, so I guess it fits best here.