Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Feeling Uneasy
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Kai

Feeling Uneasy

I had a really great weekend and the person that I'm seeing decided that he wanted me to be his girlfriend so my personal/romantic life is on the right track; however it's my work life that seems to be suffering. It seems no matter now hard I try and now fast I fix my mistakes at work, there is always someone there to complain about the level of work that I do, which in turn leaves my exhausted. It's like swimming against the oceans currents only to be thrown upon the shore once more.

Now what I envision happening is that I find a new job, get some roommates, move to the Santa Clara area so I can be closer to all my new friends and my new guy and start my new and improved life.

If there is anyone out there who this post resonates with and you have some suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kai
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    abg73

Re: Feeling Uneasy

Kai,
    I know exactly what you're feeling. you don't mention how long you have been seeing this guy, but my advice is that if you are going to start a new chapter in your life, make sure there are other things you anticipate happening for you in this new town than just being with him. Does he just want a girlfriend or does he actually want to make a life with you?
    Long distance relationships can change dramatically when you can see each other every day. (not necessarily for the better or the worse, just different dynamics.)
    If the relationship flops, you want to have your own thing going so you don't end up crawling back to West County with your tail between your legs.
    How supportive is this guy about you moving? can he help you find a job before you make the move? what is it you're looking for, a simple change of scenery or do you have some other personal/career goals in mind? i encourage you to examine this.
    Long distance can only sustain a relationship for so long. I was in a year long relationship last year, he was in Santa Cruz. We were actually engaged. he asked me to move and i said I would, but I needed his help to find a job and a house where I could have my dog. When it came down to actually jumping head first into a life together, he chickened out and we ended up breaking up. Although I was truly let down, I am so glad I didn't move.
    Work still sucks, but i know somehow, I am where I am supposed to be for the moment...
    Sorry for going on and on...I just really felt for you when I read your post. That unsettled feeling is familiar to me.
    I hope this guy is amazing and that there are great things waiting along your path, wherever it may take you.
    ~AB

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Kai: View Post
    I had a really great weekend and the person that I'm seeing decided that he wanted me to be his girlfriend so my personal/romantic life is on the right track; however it's my work life that seems to be suffering. It seems no matter now hard I try and now fast I fix my mistakes at work, there is always someone there to complain about the level of work that I do, which in turn leaves my exhausted. It's like swimming against the oceans currents only to be thrown upon the shore once more.

Now what I envision happening is that I find a new job, get some roommates, move to the Santa Clara area so I can be closer to all my new friends and my new guy and start my new and improved life.

If there is anyone out there who this post resonates with and you have some suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kai
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email