Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    taishon

Black/white cat needs good home

I need to get rid of my long-time cat..she's a lazy black and white medium fur cat with a decent disposition. I have severe cat allergies (she used to be an outdoor cat but we now live too close to 116) and we just don't have time to properly take care of our cats (I probably won't be able to convince my wife to get rid of her cat). Looking for a decent cat person to take care of her in her middle to old age. She's obviously spayed etc etc.

e-mail: [email protected]

Sal
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barbara

Re: Black/white cat needs good home

I find myself in a similar situation, Sal. My long-time mother (91 years old) is lazy, white, and has a sweet disposition. However, her memory is not as sharp as it used to be and I find she makes my blood pressure rise. She used to be indoors/outdoors, but due to her health and age, I find she must stay indoors now. I probably won't be able to convince my husband to get rid of Mother, as he loves her, but hey, I will try anything to "get rid" of her. To heck with making a lifelong committment to caring for Mother--there must be someone out there who will offer her a decent home. If all else fails, I will have to put a special house outside with an electric blanket especially made for outdoor use.

Now-Sal and others wishing to send equally unkind emails my way, save yourself the effort. I have a genetic defect that causes me to react when someone mentions having to "get rid" of an animal. The cat is not a tv or a piece of furniture! This cat depends on you for her care. You owe it to her to try to find a decent loving home, not "get rid" of her. There is new research available that indicates cats fed a raw diet cause fewer/no allergic reactions in humans. Why not at least try that approach???

Our local animal shelters are overflowing with wonderful cats in need of homes due to no fault of their own. Foreclosures are at an all time high. Animals are dying by the thousands. Sal, you sound like a reasonably responsible person in that you have had your cat spayed. How about going the extra mile for your cat? And your wife does not agree/know about your plans to "get rid" of this cat? Shame on you!

3. TopTop #3
    taishon

Yer a sanctimonius idiot. Yer comparing trying to find a good caring home for my cat (whom we have very little time to take care of) to getting rid of yer mother ?!? I have SEVERE allergies that are threatening my health. Non of your business but my wife is in the loop. Keep your unjustified preaching to yourself..you don't know a damned thing about me.

Man I get sick of these holier than thou knee-jerk reactions with no basis in fact.
    Sal

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barbara: View Post
    I find myself in a similar situation, Sal. My long-time mother (91 years old) is lazy, white, and has a sweet disposition. However, her memory is not as sharp as it used to be and I find she makes my blood pressure rise. She used to be indoors/outdoors, but due to her health and age, I find she must stay indoors now. I probably won't be able to convince my husband to get rid of Mother, as he loves her, but hey, I will try anything to "get rid" of her. To heck with making a lifelong committment to caring for Mother--there must be someone out there who will offer her a decent home. If all else fails, I will have to put a special house outside with an electric blanket especially made for outdoor use.

Now-Sal and others wishing to send equally unkind emails my way, save yourself the effort. I have a genetic defect that causes me to react when someone mentions having to "get rid" of an animal. The cat is not a tv or a piece of furniture! This cat depends on you for her care. You owe it to her to try to find a decent loving home, not "get rid" of her. There is new research available that indicates cats fed a raw diet cause fewer/no allergic reactions in humans. Why not at least try that approach???

Our local animal shelters are overflowing with wonderful cats in need of homes due to no fault of their own. Foreclosures are at an all time high. Animals are dying by the thousands. Sal, you sound like a reasonably responsible person in that you have had your cat spayed. How about going the extra mile for your cat? And your wife does not agree/know about your plans to "get rid" of this cat? Shame on you!

4. TopTop #4
    hvnagdx

Obviously a "newbie" who used the wrong words!

If Sal had been "here" before he'd had known to choose his words wisely. If he were truly trying to "get rid" of his cat he wouldn't be keeping her indoors now would he? Perhaps Barbara when you read an "offensive" word, that hits your genetic defect, you should replace it with something you prefer. You might then see that Sal, or others who have used similar words, really do care about his cat and is doing the best he can in a his situation.

Most, if not all, of the animals in shelters/rescues had less caring owners. Anyone who posts here looking for a new home should be applauded for attempting to find their animal a home rather than "getting rid" of their animals at the pound or worse yet a country road. Sal's cat sounds like a well loved, quiet, older, indoor/outdoor cat who is spayed and UTD on all her shots. If he wasn't a caring owner she'd be loose, nursing kittens or pregnant and have no shots and he wouldn't be posting on WACCO!

He's not dumping her in the streets or at the pound, he's reaching out to find a loving home for her! Isn't that what the Pet column in WACCO is suppose to be all about? Dianna

5. TopTop #5
    taishon

Thank you...to be sure I care. When I mentioned to my neighbors my allergy problem they wondered why I didn't just let her be an outdoor cat like the rest of the neighborhood. I have a real problem with my neighbors leaving their cats outdoors so close to the highway.

I have been a assistant zoo keeper (nearly getting trampled by a hippo) been a racehorse ranch hand (racehorses are a slimy business and I fought against that) and a feral cat advocate.

Sal

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hvnagdx: View Post
    Obviously a "newbie" who used the wrong words!

If Sal had been "here" before he'd had known to choose his words wisely. If he were truly trying to "get rid" of his cat he wouldn't be keeping her indoors now would he? Perhaps Barbara when you read an "offensive" word, that hits your genetic defect, you should replace it with something you prefer. You might then see that Sal, or others who have used similar words, really do care about his cat and is doing the best he can in a his situation.

Most, if not all, of the animals in shelters/rescues had less caring owners. Anyone who posts here looking for a new home should be applauded for attempting to find their animal a home rather than "getting rid" of their animals at the pound or worse yet a country road. Sal's cat sounds like a well loved, quiet, older, indoor/outdoor cat who is spayed and UTD on all her shots. If he wasn't a caring owner she'd be loose, nursing kittens or pregnant and have no shots and he wouldn't be posting on WACCO!

He's not dumping her in the streets or at the pound, he's reaching out to find a loving home for her! Isn't that what the Pet column in WACCO is suppose to be all about? Dianna