Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Dixon

Re: Wise man in his 50's seeks established, generous, beautiful woman in 30's

Quote Posted in reply to the post by debbus: View Post
    Heck that means a guy in his 30's would be looking for a 10 year old.
    Don't get me started on the Michael Jackson jokes. :^P

Dixon
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #32
    Lotus

Super-model seeks appreciator of super-models

Gorgeous, spiritual (yet busty) twenty years younger than you (and Asian to boot), not a threat at all (in fact, I don't even understand much less criticize your many insecurities!), I do housework cheerfully in my thong bikini and I already see you as my intellectual superior!
    Hey!

3. TopTop #33
    Skook

Re: Super-model seeks appreciator of super-models

Well, yeah, but do you use non-toxic household cleaning products?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lotus Arata: View Post
    Gorgeous, spiritual (yet busty) twenty years younger than you (and Asian to boot), not a threat at all (in fact, I don't even understand much less criticize your many insecurities!), I do housework cheerfully in my thong bikini and I already see you as my intellectual superior!
    Hey!

4. TopTop #34
    MsTerry

Well Skook, are you going to take her up on it?
    She'll even throw in a couple of dogs....................

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lotus Arata: View Post
    Hey!

5. TopTop #35
    Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lotus: View Post
    Gorgeous...
    That's certainly a plus.

Quote ...spiritual...
    Depending on what you mean by that, it's probably a minus.

Quote ...(yet busty)...
    I prefer flat-chested women myself; to me, that kind of figure is sexiest, but I wouldn't kick a woman out for being busty. Preferably not implants, though (no offense to you sisters who have required post-surgical reconstruction).

Quote ...twenty years younger than you (and Asian to boot)...
    Good, good.

Quote ...not a threat at all...
    Anyone very attractive constitutes a threat. I think that's probably true for all of us.

Quote ...(in fact, I don't even understand much less criticize your many insecurities!)...
    I prefer people who challenge and critique me--reasonably, of course.

Quote ...I do housework cheerfully in my thong bikini...
    Excellent, though perhaps a bit overdressed ;^D

Quote ...and I already see you as my intellectual superior!...
    Actually, my ideal woman would be a little smarter than me--more potential for stimulation and growth that way. But such women are hard to find, LOL!

Cheers!

Dixon

6. TopTop #36
    Vet-To-Pet

I had the same exact question when i read this post. What is the matter with meeting a woman who is ALSO in her 50's (or older?) ? Do men feel that they need to be involved (romantically) with a younger woman so that they (the man) will not feel inferior, since he'll probably seem "wise' to a younger, less life-experienced woman? I can tell you that most of the woman I know and see who are in their 50's are in great physical shape, they are intelligent, have opinions, can carry their end of a conversation, and are often financially independent (or as much as anyone can be these days). So why the 20-year difference? Are men so shallow? Is physical appearance THAT important? I'm almost 55 & wear a size 8, I swim, run, bicycle, hike, garden, and am not bad to look at. When I see available men in their 50's, many of them seem to have "let themselves go", with regard to body condition/health, they aren't active, and they have poor diets (and often drink too much wine!). Please defend yourself, if you can, about limiting yourself to a woman in her 30's. If it's children you want, there are many who are waiting to be adopted, so child-bearing shouldn't come into the picture. What say you? Personally, I'd want to meet a man who has spent about the same time on this earth as I have, someone who would know who the Beatles, The Byrds, Crosby Stills & Nash, et al, were/are. I'd want some common ground to talk about---where were you when JFK was shot? How did you feel about the Kent State killings? A 30-something would probably have a blank stare...And why on earth would someone in her 30's want to get involved with someone 20 years her elder? Does she have "Daddy issues"? Will she want to care for you when you're toddling around with your walker in another 30 or 40 years? (she'd be in her 50's and probably still active). Get real, grow up. Peace~
    Vet-To-Pet/Paula

Quote Posted in reply to the post by debbus: View Post
    Am I the only one that can't believe a wise handsome man in his 50's would limit himself to a woman in her 30's? Heck that means a guy in his 30's would be looking for a 10 year old.

7. TopTop #37
    Skook

It was a joke, a parody, a spoof, as several people who responded in the thread noticed. If nothing else, I thought the way I signed it would have given it away...

"With humility and compassion,

an incredibly amazing man"

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Vet to Pet: View Post
    I had the same exact question when i read this post. What is the matter with meeting a woman who is ALSO in her 50's (or older?) ? Do men feel that they need to be involved (romantically) with a younger woman so that they (the man) will not feel inferior, since he'll probably seem "wise' to a younger, less life-experienced woman? I can tell you that most of the woman I know and see who are in their 50's are in great physical shape, they are intelligent, have opinions, can carry their end of a conversation, and are often financially independent (or as much as anyone can be these days). So why the 20-year difference? Are men so shallow? Is physical appearance THAT important? I'm almost 55 & wear a size 8, I swim, run, bicycle, hike, garden, and am not bad to look at. When I see available men in their 50's, many of them seem to have "let themselves go", with regard to body condition/health, they aren't active, and they have poor diets (and often drink too much wine!). Please defend yourself, if you can, about limiting yourself to a woman in her 30's. If it's children you want, there are many who are waiting to be adopted, so child-bearing shouldn't come into the picture. What say you? Personally, I'd want to meet a man who has spent about the same time on this earth as I have, someone who would know who the Beatles, The Byrds, Crosby Stills & Nash, et al, were/are. I'd want some common ground to talk about---where were you when JFK was shot? How did you feel about the Kent State killings? A 30-something would probably have a blank stare...And why on earth would someone in her 30's want to get involved with someone 20 years her elder? Does she have "Daddy issues"? Will she want to care for you when you're toddling around with your walker in another 30 or 40 years? (she'd be in her 50's and probably still active). Get real, grow up. Peace~
    Vet-To-Pet/Paula

8. TopTop #38
    Sylph

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Skook: View Post
    It was a joke, a parody, a spoof, as several people who responded in the thread noticed. If nothing else, I thought the way I signed it would have given it away...

"With humility and compassion,

an incredibly amazing man"
    And a brilliant parody it was! Still makes me laugh.

That said, I suppose there was a knee-jerk reaction from the women to the true-ism that so many men do see their ideal partner as a hot chick twenty (or more) years younger.

Great link a few posts above that I just found: "50 reasons to date older guys"
    (sample)
    Quote He won’t argue with you over little, meaningless things. (He’s basically numb.) 41. He won’t ask you a bunch of personal, prying questions, like “What’s your name?”
    42. He won’t run away. At least not very far. Or very fast.
    43. You can talk politics with him, something you can’t do with younger men. (He knows that Colin Powell isn’t a medical condition.)
    44. He’ll memorize your phone number, which comes in handy if you get too drunk and forget it.
    45. He’ll turn you on to old-school chick flicks like The Graduate, Love Story and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
    46. He has a nice car. Park your Hyundai and start driving his Infiniti, Porsche, Lexus, Mercedes or BMW.
    47. He’ll take you on incredible vacations, unlike young guys. No more Vegas, Palm Springs and Tijuana during Spring Break. Say hello to cruises to Europe and Australia, ski trips to Aspenand Telluride and African safaris.
    48. He won’t be jealous of your vibrator. He’s realistic!
    49. He won’t be text messaging you all the time. He doesn’t know how!
    50. When he dies, you can date his cute son(s)!
    good one, MT!
    Last edited by Sylph; 03-28-2009 at 09:02 AM.

9. TopTop #39
    Dixon

Paula--

It's ironic to see you complaining about men showing a lack of interest in you because of your age, because a friend of mine tells me that he tried to date you but you stood him up--twice! What's the point of bitching and moaning about men's non-interest when you don't show up for the date with a guy does show interest? LOL!

Re: your post--It's typical of the type of thing I commonly hear from women in this sort of discussion. You're basically mad at men for showing more sexual interest in beautiful young women than in women their own age. I can empathize with your pain around this issue; I have felt similar pain over the tendency of women to be attracted to rich powerful men instead of ordinary shlubs like me.

But it wouldn't make sense for me to castigate women for that, and it doesn't make sense for you to castigate men for preferring young babes to you, because none of us, male or female, has much control over who we're attracted to. For very good biological/evolutionary reasons which I won't go into at length here, men are hormonally programmed to get their seed into as many wombs as possible, preferably the wombs of attractive women of child-bearing age, while women are hormonally programmed to prefer powerful (i.e. rich) men who can offer them security and resources. It's not "fair", either to men or women, but it's reasonable from a biological point of view.

Again, I empathize with your pain, but castigating men for desires they have zero control over is not a constructive response, any more than my castigating women for their desires would be. The fact that others are unable or unwilling to meet our needs doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them. If we think it does, we're self-centered.

Blessings;

Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Vet to Pet: View Post
    Vet-To-Pet/Paula

10. TopTop #40
    Quintessence

Yeah, I think I could parody skook as another attractive guy in his fifties, and all the women I am interested in lately are either older than me by a bit or in their forties. I think wisdom and charm and attractiveness develops in women, too, with age! Plus, women mellow like a fine wine, and are just more fun to be around when they are more comfortable with themselves.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Christine: View Post
    I wonder what the reactions would be if I stated: "Wise, fit, still sexy, youthful looking woman in her fifties would like to find a sexy, interesting, fit man in his thirties." It is at this stage of my life that I feel very comfortable with who I am and feel I have a lot to offer. Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that I am actually very happy single...It still annoys me that so many men in their fifties and sixties don't even consider women in their fifties and sixties, no matter how attractive, interesting and fit...