Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

Humane Society fund-raiser

Come to My Party!

At 3:30 on Sunday, February 26, come help me spread the word about a cause that is close to my heart -- the humane treatment of an enormous number of animals.

Farm animals in the U.S. suffer from abusive farming practices, intense confinement, and other types of inhumane treatment. But you can help change this! Taking animal science courses and seeing how "food" animals are treated made me SO glad i'd been vegetarian all my adult life. Help me raise funds for the Humane Society Legislative Fund, the lobbying arm of the Humane Society of the United States, to pass more laws to protect the millions of birds, pigs, cattle, and other animals killed for food in the U.S.

Please RSVP "yes" and make your contribution to the Humane Society Legislation Fund. All funds raised from my party will go directly to the HSLF's work to pass humane legislation including measure to protect farm animals.

If you are busy and can't attend, I understand. Please RSVP "no" but please consider making a contribution to the HSLF and help me meet my fundraising goal.

Still on the fence? Click the "maybe" RSVP button. Please consider making a contribution anyway to help protect farm animals. If fifteen of
    us each donate $20, we’ve raised $300 to help prevent so much further
    pointless suffering.

Thank you for your help! I hope to see you there on Feb. 26. If you have a "Babe" movie on DVD, please let me know.

Dana Bellwether

778-6456

P.S. Donations to the Humane Society Legislative Fund are used exclusively to press for new laws to protect animals from cruelty, and therefore are not tax deductible.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Moon

Re: Humane Society fund-raiser

The party is in Petaluma.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Moon:
    Come to My Party!
    At 3:30 on Sunday, February 26, come help me spread the word about a cause that is close to my heart -- the humane treatment of an enormous number of animals.
    Farm animals in the U.S. suffer from abusive farming practices, intense confinement, and other types of inhumane treatment. But you can help change this! Taking animal science courses and seeing how "food" animals are treated made me SO glad i'd been vegetarian all my adult life. Help me raise funds for the Humane Society Legislative Fund, the lobbying arm of the Humane Society of the United States, to pass more laws to protect the millions of birds, pigs, cattle, and other animals killed for food in the U.S.
    Please RSVP "yes" and make your contribution to the Humane Society Legislation Fund. All funds raised from my party will go directly to the HSLF's work to pass humane legislation including measure to protect farm animals.
    If you are busy and can't attend, I understand. Please RSVP "no" but please consider making a contribution to the HSLF and help me meet my fundraising goal.
    Still on the fence? Say "maybe." Please consider making a contribution anyway to help protect farm animals. If fifteen of
    us each donate $20, we’ve raised $300 to help prevent so much further
    pointless suffering.
    Thank you for your help! I hope to see you there on Feb. 26. If you have a "Babe" movie on DVD, please let me know.
    Dana Bellwether
    778-6456
    P.S. Donations to the Humane Society Legislative Fund are used exclusively to press for new laws to protect animals from cruelty, and therefore are not tax deductible.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email