Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    RichT

need proxy to deliver shoes to white house

Is anyone planning on going to DC for Obama's inauguration? I'd like someone to deliver some of my used, dirty shoes to be tossed at the white house while baby bush the prime traitor still resides there.

Would'nt it be great if someone could smack that smug villainous grin off the evil one's face?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Hot Compost

Re: need proxy to deliver shoes to white house

Quote Posted in reply to the post by RichT: View Post
    Is anyone planning on going to DC for Obama's inauguration? I'd like someone to deliver some of my used, dirty shoes to be tossed at the white house while baby bush the prime traitor still resides there.

Would'nt it be great if someone could smack that smug villainous grin off the evil one's face?
    Certainly this incident provided an odd moment of Levity to go with the rain we've been having (I like rain !), and I would have quite impressed if the shoe-thrower had managed to give Bush a black eye.

However, even if Bush were to break down and blubber and apologize and say "I was so wrong" - so what ?

He has done an enormous amount of damage. The starting of the energy transition that Obama is planning & the attention to global warming & carbon emissions would have been started in 2001 if Gore had been allowed to win the election.

Those 8 years made a huge difference. Our democratically elected leaders, including the Democrats, enabled Bush & Cheney every step of the way.

I wish I had better news to report but, when I think about it ... and I don't think it's healthy to dwell on it ... the war in Iraq, the use of Depleted Uranium in Iraq ... the in-attention to Global Warming etc. etc. etc. ... it's a footnote in history whether Bush ends up displaying remorse for his destructiveness.

3. TopTop #3
    Tars

Quote Posted in reply to the post by RichT: View Post
    I would be surprised if the lawn near the fence on Pennsylvania avenue doesn't start piling up with old shoes well before Obama Day.

Quote Would'nt it be great if someone could smack that smug villainous grin off the evil one's face?
    Instead, let's focus our energy forward, towards repairing the damage done to our country and people. The best "smack" we can give to Bush is to remove as many of the harms he's done to our system, in as short a time as possible.

4. TopTop #4
    donna campbell

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars: View Post
    I would be surprised if the lawn near the fence on Pennsylvania avenue doesn't start piling up with old shoes well before Obama Day.

Instead, let's focus our energy forward, towards repairing the damage done to our country and people. The best "smack" we can give to Bush is to remove as many of the harms he's done to our system, in as short a time as possible.
    I totally agree - it's time to focus on the chance we have to create a new country and planet and we can begin by thanking Bush for his one enduring and positive legacy: he created such hell that people were finally forced to wake up all over this country and, as a result, we now have a conscious intelligent thoughtful open human being who will be our next President - time to let go of what has been - the future is ours to create...donna campbell in sonoma

5. TopTop #5
    MsTerry

Iraq sculpture honoring Bush shoe-thrower removed

Sat Jan 31, 10:56 am ET
    BAGHDAD – The director of an Iraqi orphanage says a sculpture honoring an Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at former President George W. Bush has been removed.
    Fatin al-Nassiri says Iraqi police told her the statue had to be removed from the orphanage in Tikrit because government property should not be used for something with a political bias.
    She says the sofa-sized statue of a shoe was taken down on Saturday after being unveiled on Thursday.
    Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi threw his shoes during a Dec. 14 news conference in Baghdad. Throwing shoes at someone is a sign of extreme contempt in Arab culture.

Thu Jan 29, 2:15 PM ET

A statue built for Iraqi journalist Muntazer al-Zaidi, who hurled his shoes at former U.S. president George Bush, is seen in Tikrit, 150 km (95 miles) Baghdad, January 27, 2009. An Iraqi town has unveiled a giant monument of a shoe in honour of the journalist who threw his footwear at former U.S. President George W. Bush. Picture taken January 27, 2009.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-31-2009 at 10:36 PM.