Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    RecycleSonomaCounty

Anyone had Lupron injections?

I will be having a hysterectomy in February, meanwhile the doctor wants me to have a lupron injection. I am scared to have this because of the potential reactions, but my choices at this point are few. Any women have experience with this drug? I would like to hear about there experiences.
    Thank you,
    Ann
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Braggi

Re: Anyone had Lupron injections?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by RecycleSonomaCounty: View Post
    ... Any women have experience with this drug? I would like to hear about there experiences.
    Well ... I'm not a woman, but I've heard of this. My wife calls it "poison."

I did a search and found this: https://www.askapatient.com/viewrati...LUPRON%20DEPOT

I hope you can find an alternative.

Best of luck in any case. I'm sorry you're hurting.

-Jeff

3. TopTop #3
    MsTerry

It seems that most people gave it thumbs up.
    Am I missing something?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    Well ... I'm not a woman, but I've heard of this. My wife calls it "poison."

I did a search and found this: https://www.askapatient.com/viewrati...LUPRON%20DEPOT

I hope you can find an alternative.

Best of luck in any case. I'm sorry you're hurting.

-Jeff

4. TopTop #4
    RobinB

I had the injections a couple of years ago to prep for surgery and had no adverse effects. The menopausal symptoms it created ended as soon as it wore off and I stopped receiving them.

I will be having a hysterectomy in February, meanwhile the doctor wants me to have a lupron injection. I am scared to have this because of the potential reactions, but my choices at this point are few. Any women have experience with this drug? I would like to hear about there experiences.
    Thank you,
    Ann

5. TopTop #5
    RecycleSonomaCounty

Just want to thank members for there experiences and well wishes. After a conversation with both of my doctors, much research, (not without anxiety), I have decided to have the Lupron injection. My situation is so serious that if I continue without some sort of intervention, I will most likely be a poor surgical candidateand or need blood transfusions. Both of which sound bad. Seems that there are many more good outcomes with this drug as bad and there is a way of sort of semi reversing it with what they call "add-back" hormones. My docs were so responsive and concerned to my questions, that I also feel that they would be there to help me cope right away if I were to fall ill from it.
    Thanks again,
    Ann

Thank you,
    Ann
    Last edited by RecycleSonomaCounty; 12-04-2008 at 01:53 PM.

6. TopTop #6
    Dynamique

In the interest of being a good community member and to avoid upsetting the person who started this thread or anyone else, this post is toast.
    Last edited by Dynamique; 12-12-2008 at 12:20 AM.

7. TopTop #7
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree, Ann (RecycleSonomaCounty). I thought Dynamique's post was in no way punishing, nasty or berating. Rather I thought she was trying to be helpful. You may not agree with what she has to say, but her comments are respectful and on topic.

By posting publicly, you are starting a community discussion, and apparantly a very important and relevant one. Thank you. The posts here are not solely for your benefit, but rather for anybody who may be interested in this topic. By starting this thread you get to set the topic but you do not get to control all the content.

You are welcome to "tune out" further replies to this thread, Ann, by changing your subscription to it to No Email. However I invite anybody else with an informed and respectful comment about Lupron to join in the discussion.

I do not think this posting is supportive or helpful. I am a well informed consumer, who has done her homework the best I know how and can afford. I find this posting divisive and emotionally punishing. Some members of this group can ruin a persons day and remind me of how nasty some people can be. I (was) looking for support and input from women who had been on Lupron. Not this.. not after I had made my decision now berate me for making one of the hardest decisions in my life. NO THANK YOU>
    I would like members of this group who like(or cant help themselves) to be so divisive to really work on being more considerate on what they write here. This is supposed to be a community. Especially when it comes to life changing experiences.
    And if you want to start a debate on this,don't do it with me. I am done with this topic here.

8. TopTop #8
    wildflower

Yes I had them to supposedly "bridge" into menopause. They made my hormones go crazy. I got really sick...for months. I had other symptoms of pain in my groin etc. It worsened all my menopausal symptoms, which were already quite extreme.
    I wouldn't recommend it myself. It took me months to recover from it.
    Best
    wildflower

Thank you,
    Ann

9. TopTop #9
    RecycleSonomaCounty

There has been good and bad with this drug. Nothing horrible. If it was safe to continue taking, I would opt to take this instead of surgery. Hopefully it is doing its job too. Thanks to the women who gave there personal input/insight. It helped me cope with my personal decision.
    Ann

Just want to thank members for there experiences and well wishes. After a conversation with both of my doctors, much research, (not without anxiety), I have decided to have the Lupron injection. My situation is so serious that if I continue without some sort of intervention, I will most likely be a poor surgical candidateand or need blood transfusions. Both of which sound bad. Seems that there are many more good outcomes with this drug as bad and there is a way of sort of semi reversing it with what they call "add-back" hormones. My docs were so responsive and concerned to my questions, that I also feel that they would be there to help me cope right away if I were to fall ill from it.
    Thanks again,
    Ann