Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    rmccune

An Open Letter to Efren Carillo

If Efren Carillo wants to gain the trust and respect of those constituents in western Sonoma County who opposed him-nearly the same number that elected him-he would do well by taking a page from Presidend-Elect Obama's play book. If Mr. Obama can appoint his primarary rival Hillary Clinton to the post of Secretary of State, surely Mr. Carillo can do the right thing for the Fifth District and keep Rue Furch on the Planning Commission.

As the Press Democrat, which endosed Mr. Carillo, acknowledged, Ms. Furch's knowledge of the Fifth District is encyhclopedic. She understands the issues and challenges the district faces better than anyone.

With sixteen years on the Commission, she contributes a long view and a depth of understanding. Mr. Carillo, for example, has not experienced the devastating impact of an extended drought; he was a boy when we endured the last one. Ms. Furch has direct experience of the two seven year droughts in recent times, in the 1970s and the mid 1980s to 1993.

It is common knowledge among those who pay close attention to west county politics that many of Efren Carillo's supporters and handlers-Eric
    Koenigshofer, to name one-want Rue Furch replaced. Mr. Carillo has promised that he will be an independent supervisor who works for the district, not for the special interests of his supporters. He could go a long way towards showing his independence and doing the right thing by reappointing Rue Furch to the Sonoma County Planning Commission.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Magick

Re: An Open Letter to Efren Carillo

Have you sent this letter to Efren? I for one would sign my name to it, may be we can get a lot of signatures? Thanks, magick

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rmccune: View Post
    If Efren Carillo wants to gain the trust and respect of those constituents in western Sonoma County who opposed him-nearly the same number that elected him-he would do well by taking a page from Presidend-Elect Obama's play book. If Mr. Obama can appoint his primarary rival Hillary Clinton to the post of Secretary of State, surely Mr. Carillo can do the right thing for the Fifth District and keep Rue Furch on the Planning Commission.

As the Press Democrat, which endosed Mr. Carillo, acknowledged, Ms. Furch's knowledge of the Fifth District is encyhclopedic. She understands the issues and challenges the district faces better than anyone.

With sixteen years on the Commission, she contributes a long view and a depth of understanding. Mr. Carillo, for example, has not experienced the devastating impact of an extended drought; he was a boy when we endured the last one. Ms. Furch has direct experience of the two seven year droughts in recent times, in the 1970s and the mid 1980s to 1993.

It is common knowledge among those who pay close attention to west county politics that many of Efren Carillo's supporters and handlers-Eric
    Koenigshofer, to name one-want Rue Furch replaced. Mr. Carillo has promised that he will be an independent supervisor who works for the district, not for the special interests of his supporters. He could go a long way towards showing his independence and doing the right thing by reappointing Rue Furch to the Sonoma County Planning Commission.

3. TopTop #3
    Annabel1

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Magick: View Post
    Have you sent this letter to Efren? I for one would sign my name to it, may be we can get a lot of signatures? Thanks, magick
    I would sign it as well. Good letter, great idea!

4. TopTop #4
    BizWrangler

I will sign it, too. I also suspect Efren is NOT paying any attention to Wacco now that the election has passed. Not likely he will pay much attention to West County at all anymore. A hard copy letter would make a much better impact.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Annabel1: View Post
    I would sign it as well. Good letter, great idea!
    Last edited by BizWrangler; 12-10-2008 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Left out an important word!!! Brain fart.