Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Graton Fire

Graton Fire Christmas Tree Farm... good for us and good for the environment

Local Christmas Trees Keep the Oxygen (and Tradition) Flowing
    By Heather O’Dell (formerly of Victorian Christmas Tree Farm)
    Bill Bullard, Graton Fire

OXYGEN- Did you know that 1 acre of Christmas trees provides enough oxygen for 18 people here in Sonoma County? Evergreen trees produce the most oxygen for the first 12 years and, as they mature, will actually begin consuming their own oxygen. By their very nature, Christmas tree farms rotate their trees which maintain the strongest oxygen-producing trees. When you find that perfect tree and cut it down, you can feel good about making room for another local oxygen-producing tree each Christmas. New evergreen saplings are planted each Spring to keep the oxygen flowing and the fresh Christmas tree tradition for the future. Breathe deeply and enjoy!

TRADITION - Did you know that many Christmas tree farms are going out of business? The families that have operated the farms for 20 and 30 years can no longer afford the increasing costs. Victorian Tree Farm (Highway 116 North and Mill Station Road) will have limited days this season and probably won’t be open next year. Del Davis announced that his Vine Hill Road (near Highway 116 North) is also planning on closing forever. In fact in 2006, Graton Fire purchased Del’s second tree farm on Highway 116 between Mueller and Green Valley Roads as the location for its new fire station. Graton Fire has been able to continue the Christmas tree tradition only through the dedication of its volunteer firefighters. Heather O’Dell recently joined Graton Fire after 12 years with Victorian Tree Farm. She will manage the farm year-round and the firefighters will help during the Christmas season. Fortunately, Graton Fire will carry on the Christmas tree tradition with 70-75 percent of the land remaining for trees surrounding the new fire station.

OPEN - Thursday through Sunday, 9am to 5pm, after Thanksgiving Day. All trees $35-$65 depending on height, free netting, and weekend cart rides with Santa's Little Helper. All purchases are tax deductible and go towards the new fire station! Call 823-7939 for more information.

Thank you to everyone that has and continues to purchase locally-grown Christmas trees, creating oxygen for Sonoma County.

Bill Bullard, Deputy Chief
    Graton Fire Protection District
    3205 Ross Road, P.O. Box A
    Graton, CA 95444
    mailto:[email protected]
    https://www.gratonfire.com
    707-823-5515 ext. 3
    707-823-7251 fax

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    sheepdog

Re: Graton Fire Christmas Tree Farm... good for us and good for the environment

I would like to get my tree from you and support the fire district, but I am confused as to the location...you mentioned several, but it was not clear to me which one is the current place to go for a tree.

Thanks, Tom Trent
    www.tomtrentbuilders.com

3. TopTop #3
    Graton Fire

Re: Graton Fire Christmas Tree Farm... good for us and good for the environment

My apologies for not mentioning where the Graton Christmas Tree Farm is located.

Our tree farm is on Highway 116, just South of Green Valley Road in Graton/Sebastopol (Across from Sebastopol/Dutton Vineyards). There is a second tree farm, Spirit of Christmas, just to the South of us... so please make sure to pull into our driveway. We are open from 9-5, Thursday -Sunday starting this Friday. If there are any questions, please post them online, email me, or call 823-7939. Thank you for your support WACCOBB!!!

Bill Bullard
    [email protected]
    www.gratonfire.com
    Deputy Fire Chief
    707-823-7939

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sheepdog: View Post
    I would like to get my tree from you and support the fire district, but I am confused as to the location...you mentioned several, but it was not clear to me which one is the current place to go for a tree.

Thanks, Tom Trent
    www.tomtrentbuilders.com

4. TopTop #4
    Graton Fire

Save 50% Saturday 1-4pm Graton Fire Christmas Tree Farm... good for us and the environment

The Blood Bank of the Redwoods will be at the Graton Tree Farm this Saturday from 1-4pm. Get 50% off any tree with a donation! The address is 3750 Gravenstein (116) Highway North.

Our tree farm is on Highway 116, just South of Green Valley Road in Graton/Sebastopol (Across from Sebastopol/Dutton Vineyards). There is a second tree farm, Spirit of Christmas, just to the South of us... so please make sure to pull into our driveway. We are open from 9-5, Thursday -Sunday starting this Friday. If there are any questions, please post them online, email me, or call 823-7939. Thank you for your support WACCOBB!!!

Bill Bullard
    [email protected]
    www.gratonfire.com
    Deputy Fire Chief
    707-823-7939[/quote]