Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    shellebelle

Obama Speech Transcript

Last night was an amazing event that will live forever in my heart. To spend it with the incredible people I did made it even more memorable. Thank you!

I was excited to see that CNN has made Obama's speech available. So if you missed it here is the transcript.

https://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11...ipt/index.html

They also have the video available.

https://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11...ml#cnnSTCVideo
    Last edited by shellebelle; 11-05-2008 at 10:30 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Re: Obama Speech Transcript

Thank you for posting this , Shelle !

I must say, though I tend to usually lean in favor towards the "independent party", I too was ecstatic that if it had to be Obama or McCain, that Obama won! What a highlight and moment in history!

My night started out hopeful but with this big lump in my throat as if I were holding my breath. I proceeded to add a little "lightness" to my energy by tuning into both Stephen Cobert's and John Stewards 'Indecision 2008" and local news with hopes of catching a glimps at the local propositions.
    When it was obvious that Obama wa "in", it was as if this whole big release just came out of me! I found myself laughing, smiling, jumping up and down screaming screams of joy!

I watched both McCain's speech (which I was real impressed with) and Obama's. Both of which were great! Though , the dress Michelle Obama had on, was a very interesting one to see and I know I am not the only one who thinks such.

However, since Obama has become elected as of last night, it seems I have seen MANY African American people getting interviewed with how they feel at this obvious wonderful turning point in history And hardly no other race being interviewed . I understand why..but isn't this a bit racist in itself?

Last edited by nurturetruth; 11-05-2008 at 06:08 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    riverosprey

Thank you Shellebelle (any relation to Memphis Belle? ;0)

I wasn't able to watch Obama's speech last night. I just watched it...thank you...I wept...if we had a dollar for every tear shed during the speech we could fund the Smart Rail!!

T.L.

4. TopTop #4
    shellebelle

Nope no relation! LOL

Yes, in fact, if we had a dollar for every tear we wouldn't have a recession!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by riverosprey: View Post
    Thank you Shellebelle (any relation to Memphis Belle? ;0)

I wasn't able to watch Obama's speech last night. I just watched it...thank you...I wept...if we had a dollar for every tear shed during the speech we could fund the Smart Rail!!

T.L.

5. TopTop #5
    zenekar

Re: Obama Speech Transcript, etc.

Consider institutionalized racism and the dreadful days of slavery in the US since the inception of this nation. It was not long ago that African Americans got the right to vote. Did you see Jesse Jackson and Opra shed tears at the Chicago event? Their tears and millions of others' were deeply felt tears of both pain and joy -- pain for the the blood, sweat and tears of their ancestors and joy for the hopeful glimmer of light brought about by Obama's victory. Consider maybe that's the reason black folks, not other races at this time, are the focus in the news.

There were other candidates for President, who's voices should have been heard in the debates to challenge the pick of the oligarchs. I voted for Cynthia McKinney and Rosa Clemente, who better represented my priorities for universal health-care, a sustainable green economy, justice and peace. Possibly, someday people of this nation and the planet will become active to bring about real democracy.

Obama repeated the quote "government of, for, and by the people." He works for US (that's you and me). It's our responsibility to hold him to these words. You know that the corporate lobbyists are already at his door.

Attila Nagy
    ---

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nurturetruth: View Post
    Thank you for posting this , Shelle !

I must say, though I tend to usually lean in favor towards the "independent party", I too was ecstatic that if it had to be Obama or McCain, that Obama won! What a highlight and moment in history!

I chose to not only add some excitement in my life but also some light humor by flipping the channel back and forth form John Stewart & Stephen Colbert's "Indecision 2008" to CNN or a local news channel to get updated on the possible results of the local propositions. (which I can say, I am not fully happy about the outcomes.)

I watched both McCain's speech (which I was real impressed with) and Obama's. Both of which were great! though , the dress Michelle Obama had on, was a very intersting one to be wearing at such an event!

Since Obama has become elected as of last night, it seems I have seen MANY African American people getting interviewed with how they feel at "this turning point in history" when a black man becomes president. And hardly no other race being interviewed . Isn't this a bit racist in itself?