Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Luminessa

Anyone Know of a Samhain Ritual tonight?

I was wondering if there is a ritual being held somewhere in the area tonight to celebrate Samhain. If you know of one please contact me by e-mail with the details.

Thanks,

Luminessa
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Photoguy

Re: Anyone Know of a Samhain Ritual tonight?

Hi Luminessa,
    I thought Samhain was typically on all souls day, Nov. 1. I don't know of any rituals directly related, but there is a tie dye/dance/feast party going on at the Pink Elephant tomorrow the 1st. A band called the Thugz will play, a very Grateful Dead type of harvest, day of the dead, samhain thing.
    Think Whirled Peas,
    Dennis

3. TopTop #3
    mimimom

Not exactly, but your might want to try this at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 547 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, 7:00 pm.

Join in the rituals and magic that have marked the end of summer throughout the ages as we celebrate the harvest and commune with the spirits of our ancestors. The evening will include sacred theatre, a guided trance journey, songs and dance. We invite all with an open mind and a sense of fun. Dress up as a witch in traditional red and black, sprout fairy wings or reveal your inner longings and prepare for a night of awakenings and delight. Plan to bring a remembrance of a departed loved one for the altar and some kind of finger food to share.
    FRIDAY OCTOBER 31ST FROM 7:00 TO 9:00 PM

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Luminessa: View Post

I was wondering if there is a ritual being held somewhere in the area tonight to celebrate Samhain. If you know of one please contact me by e-mail with the details.

Thanks,

Luminessa

4. TopTop #4
    Moon

Samhain is from sunset, 10/31, to sunset, 11/1, & its group celebrations
    are nearly always between sunset, 10/31, & sunrise, 11/1.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Photoguy: View Post
    Hi Luminessa,
    I thought Samhain was typically on all souls day, Nov. 1. I don't know of any rituals directly related, but there is a tie dye/dance/feast party going on at the Pink Elephant tomorrow the 1st. A band called the Thugz will play, a very Grateful Dead type of harvest, day of the dead, Samhain thing.
    Think Whirled Peas,
    Dennis